Staying competitive

Prev1
lukeroks
304 posts Member
edited November 2016
Everyone knows wiggs and Lando are the current meta. All the tops teams use them, and for good reason. Crippling AOE and OHKO at the beginning of every round is awesome, but it's making arena annoying and frustrating. I also use lando and JKA and st Han they are great but every match lasts under a minute and it's usually decided in the first 5 seconds if wiggs wipes out a crucial toon. I just feel like the currents meta is getting boring( I know others have said this) I definitely am not calling for a nerf I love seeing 17k above everyone head when Lando double down, but I hope something changes soon. Everyone has to use these toons to stay top 50 or better, if I see a team that's missing either Lando wiggs or JKA I attack them automatically and it's not even a chance that I might lose. Just wish other toons could match what these guys are throwing down.

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There are other options right now. The trick is not everyone has them. But that is a constant in this game. Best practice is to have as many of the heroes as you can. And get some good mods going that you can swap in and out of your best teams.

Going to war unprepared is not going to war; it is going to defeat.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Other options include:

Wedge lead Lando Biggs sth Anakin
    Lando lead Anakin Biggs Wedge sth
    Lando lead Biggs Wedge sth Palpatine
    Wedge lead Biggs Palpatine Lando sth
    Lando lead Biggs Wedge shore trooper sth
    Wedge lead shore trooper sth Biggs Lando
    Wedge lead raid Han Lando Wedge sth
    Lando lead sth raid Han Wedge sth

See there's lots of teams u can use to beat the Lando Wedge Biggs teams out there
  • Options
    Try EP, EE, Shore, SF, RG if you don't use wiggs.

Subs:
    SF - B2
    Ee - Bariss
    Shore- fast Poe
  • Options

Stormy wrote: »

Subs:
    SF - B2
    Ee - Bariss
    Shore- fast Poe

Is there enough damage dealing there? I'm intrigued, but don't quite have the characters to try it yet. Could TFP fit in this comp somehow?
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »

Subs:
    SF - B2
    Ee - Bariss
    Shore- fast Poe

Is there enough damage dealing there? I'm intrigued, but don't quite have the characters to try it yet. Could TFP fit in this comp somehow?

EP is all the damage you need on that team, especially against Rebels.

I run a 5* EP lead on occasion and I have had my Lando get OHKO'd first round leaving only EP, Ackbar, STHan, and RG, and still won.

Once the TM starts rolling in from the shocks it's a done deal as long as you have tanks to keep them off of him for a turn or two.
  • Options
    I use EP lead, jka, Shoretrooper, Vader, B2. Wiggs teams don't stand a chance. It's actually quite amusing seeing so many rebel characters die from just the combination of Vader's dots and EP's passive damage, and that's the characters I'm not targeting, those die much faster. I'm farming Tie Pilot to most likely take jka spot. I get #1 everyday and I never drop from the top 10 on a Dec shard.
  • Options
  • Options
    Wiggs is not that tough
  • Options
    @Gungnir75 that is my exact arena team (after ditching droids) and I love it. Aayla is so underrated here. I take first in a shard full of wiggs most days when I am online.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    uu10laojugm2.png

Why you showing off my team? ;)
  • Options
    @Ava_Kdizzle def a solid team with some lasting power, Aayla is just a monster in this set. Love it. @scuba great minds my friend
  • Options
    I wish I had shore, 7* ep or Rex/ sungai they are amazing. Sadly ftp
  • Options
    @scuba @Gungnir75 thanks!! that team killed 4 of my teams in GW on node 12 :)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Teams that consistently beat Wiggs & Lando
    Palp, Shore, TFP, Sun Fac/B2, Vader/RG
    Rex, Shore, Ani, Palp, Sun Fac/B2
    Ani, Fives, Aayla, Shore, Sun Fac
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Fast Emperor lead destroys all Wiggs Lando teams. You'll stun at least 2 out of 3 if you have enough potency. Then you can pick off Wedge and they're pretty much useless.
    I like RG in there too to keep the stun on Lando while you murder his friends and he's powerless and forced to watch.
    Let the hate flow!
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Fast Emperor lead destroys all Wiggs Lando teams. You'll stun at least 2 out of 3 if you have enough potency. Then you can pick off Wedge and they're pretty much useless.
    I like RG in there too to keep the stun on Lando while you murder his friends and he's powerless and forced to watch.
    Let the hate flow!

You do know that, while this works on offense, your palps get 1-shot by wiggs om defense, right?
  • Options
    Let the hate flow!

You do know that, while this works on offense, your palps get 1-shot by wiggs om defense, right?

The point is to have shore in the lineup so that palp will not be the first target from wiggs
  • Options
    Let the hate flow!

Now this is the right attitude for an EP lead.
  • Options
    you cant deny Wiggs domination...

because all the options that you gave.... have at least 1 ptp char, and EE is the same... and... to get EE you need wiggs....

so...
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    You can get SF through shipments, it just takes a while.

Refresh just enough to do 600 daily, and spend the rest on getting SF

and the cristals?? if you go ftp.... you need arena rank... and you get how???? with Wiggs
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Aegon3 wrote: »

because all the options that you gave.... have at least 1 ptp char, and EE is the same... and... to get EE you need wiggs....

so...

EE, (Ewok Elder), is very easy to obtain. He has 2 Hard nodes and shows regularly in the Guild Shipments. So in no way do you need Wiggs, (which is also not PTP) to obtain EE.
  • Options
    Let the hate flow!

Once again, the speed is your ally. I was talking strictly offense but, it has its advantages on defense as well. Yeah you'll fall some spots overnight but it's pretty easy to make it back up.
  • Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    Let the hate flow!

Now this is the right attitude for an EP lead.

This guy gets it! ^^^^
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

so...

Can't tell if you're confusing EE with Palp but no, you don't need Wiggs in either case
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    im sorry, my mistake, i try to say EP no EE

you need a good rebel team, wiggs are in the team haha
  • Options
    hopefully some type of character balance is in the works.

I just want to be able to use characters that i want and not characters that i need because the META hits for 20,000 when the character i want to use hits for 7,000. Doesn't seem very fair to me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    im sorry, my mistake, i try to say EP no EE

you need a good rebel team, wiggs are in the team haha

i think it´s safe to say that most people unlocked 7* palp without wedge in their rebel team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

I just want to be able to use characters that i want and not characters that i need because the META hits for 20,000 when the character i want to use hits for 7,000. Doesn't seem very fair to me.

A re balance of some characters is bound to happen, but with ships, new releases raid tinkering and all... I doubt its coming soon, at least a "global review".
    Still hopeful on boba and maul-savage.. maybe after ships
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

A re balance of some characters is bound to happen, but with ships, new releases raid tinkering and all... I doubt its coming soon, at least a "global review".
    Still hopeful on boba and maul-savage.. maybe after ships

I'm hopeful for at least Boba, and hopeful Darth Maul will become FTP.