What's up with releasing new toons

We had Scariff and he went into cantina battles. We had Tie Pilot and he went into cantina battles. When was the last time we seen a new character in Cantina, Arena, Guild or GW store? That's been ages...

So you got us exited with the release of new LS, DS, Cantina battles. And there are only two toons: FO Stormstrooper and Ewok Elder...

Ok so then we had Shoretrooper. We fight hard in the tournaments and many are able to get him to 3-4* and then he is put in a huge chromium pack...

General Kenobi.... Awesome! We seeing a lot of guild mergers and guild hopping to be able to get this toon...

And now again two awesome characters called Baze and Chirrut. The impossible chromium again and the (time consuming) tournament (prob chromium as well after)...

A pattern is forming here and to be honest I am quite disappointed. I only have one request, spread it a bit.

IMG_1929.png

Replies

• Options
    Yeah same mate, getting tired off all the new toons going in to cantina nodes, the grind for new toons is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    Hopefully, there will be a host of new toons in addition to those that have announced.

Would love to see them spread around a bit more.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Very true. Nice work!
    But resently Wedge and B-2 were added to cantina. In fact almost every toon goes to cantina.
  • Options
    Agree completely. The majority seem to be rather annoyed by their methods here. My guild has been talking about it a lot lately in Discord. If EA/CG keep it up, they are just going to continue to upset the player base.

The message they have been sending is that we aren't worthwhile customers unless we are spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the game. But if we just spend $0-$30 a month, tough luck.
  • Options
    Haydigan wrote: »
    Hopefully, there will be a host of new toons in addition to those that have announced.

Would love to see them spread around a bit more.

They will listen to this, as they have did before...
    And of course they will spread around the characters!!!
    (All over the various stages of the cantina battles...)
    /sarcasm
  • Options
    It doesn't even need to be new toons. Why can't we have a hard node or cantina node for toons like Hoth rebel soldier (only one hard node currently) or Lobot, FOTP, etc? I.e. toons that are by no means game-breaking but are almost impossibly slow to farm as it stands.

Why not let us have Darth Maul somewhere?

I really don't understand their strategy in keeping someone like HRSol locked behind a single hard node.
  • Options
    I really don't understand their strategy in keeping someone like HRSol locked behind a single hard node.[/quote]

There isn't a purpose I believe, they just forget things...
    They forgot lowering the price of shards of kit fisto in shipments (still 80 gems per shard although the char is farmable elsewhere)..
    They forgot about raid gear rotation...
    Etc...
  • Options
    That why I wrote this down, hoping it gets some backing from you guys so it will be noticed by the developers. I I assume it's strategy, I really doubt they don't see what they are doing btw.

But I agree, it can be existing toons that are chromium or hard to get, doesnt have to be new toons that go into the Cantina, Arena, Guild or GW store.

For the last LS, DS, Cantina it would be nice to get new toons tho. It can be a long grind, I don't care, just something to look forward to ;)
  • Options
    I really hope when we get more rouge one characters released they put them in arena or GW shipments. Would have been a good idea for them to do it now rather than later since everyone is so frustrated with the way they have been rolling out characters. Throw us a bone!
  • Options
    I understand we new/powerful toons are placed in Chromium/Cantina. The game is a buisnes after all.
    As on most games you need to either fanatically active or a paying customer to be competitive, that is also fair.

BUT, a lot of toons could easily be rotated for the benefit of all. Or placed in a better way

A good example is Wedge/Biggs. Wegde alone is a great toon, so he is in cantina (like everyone else). Biggs alone is okay at best, so he is in GW. Together they are fantastic, but you need them both - a hard and an easy farm.

The problem with the lack of new toons in GW/Cantina shipments is that a lot of players now have tons of unused credits for those. And if a new toon gets release they are farmed instantly. That can be fixed in a lot of different ways (and I guess the ability to buy ally point in GW is an attempt): more expensive toons (not gonna be popular), release of several toons at the same time (popular) or perhaps a forced conversion of the currency into Allypoints (announced 1-2 months in advance). There is likely a lot of other ways to handle this.
  • Options
    Please dont release a new rebel
  • Options
    Please dont release a new rebel

Considering upcoming movies/series that's impossible
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Lol yep, we will get a whole bunch more rebels. Though it would be nice to get some new old characters as well (say R2D2). As long as they don't go chromium or cantina battles only.
  • Options
    What about wicket?
    Wasn't in presented months ago?
  • Options
    Ewoks got some loving a while back, but long forgotten now. No Ewok in cantina store, so he would be right in :)
  • Options
    I have one request. Stick Embo (who's already in the game) into GW. PLEASE!!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Releasing characters into cantina nodes makes the most business sense for CG and keeps the whales happy as well. If F2P keep spending resources on yet another character in cantina, they can't spend anything on mods and P2P don't have to worry about them catching up. P2P will spend a lot more on refreshes to get that new character faster than most, which is great for CG's bottom line.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Releasing characters into cantina nodes makes the most business sense for CG and keeps the whales happy as well. If F2P keep spending resources on yet another character in cantina, they can't spend anything on mods and P2P don't have to worry about them catching up. P2P will spend a lot more on refreshes to get that new character faster than most, which is great for CG's bottom line.

Oh ye, I never said they aint smart ;) Just forgetting the majority of the players who make this game great. If there were no F2P people this game would die in a week.
  • Options
    I would love to see Hondo Ohnaka to be added to the game next! ^^ (But honestly, i dont need any new chars for the next 3 years, because i dont have the credits to level/star/gear/mod them anyway *lol*)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.