When does Galactic War Shipments get any new character shards?

It's been a long time since Galactic War Shipments have any new character shards. I got all characters you can get there at 7* for a pretty long time. The shipments use to occasionally add characters but I can't remember the last time they did it.

Replies

• Be nice to think they would add the most popular cantina toons. Could definitely do with way to expedite farming Wedge, so I can finish Lando, then Tie Pilot.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    August (first time I do it!).

Seriously, their business model implies you have to make choices (or spend money) and your GW tokens are well invested as an FTP in bronziums or raid gear in the shard shop.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They probably couldn't add one because they new adding only one wouldn't make a difference since a large portion of players had a bank of GW coins.

Maybe they are using the tournaments to help clear this out and plan on adding one in the next month or so with the 1 year anniversary,Rouge one, or other holidays coming up.
  • Are these threads going to be as popular as palp ones now?

GW doesn't really generate money for CG, there are a few useful toons and you can spend tokens on ally points for bronziums and tournaments. It's quite unlikely that a new char will be added and even if one is, it will be one that is easily farmable or not usually farmed by anyone because it's generally useless or very low priority.
  • They should stick Embo in there.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Lolexplosm wrote: »
    Are these threads going to be as popular as palp ones now?

GW doesn't really generate money for CG, there are a few useful toons and you can spend tokens on ally points for bronziums and tournaments. It's quite unlikely that a new char will be added and even if one is, it will be one that is easily farmable or not usually farmed by anyone because it's generally useless or very low priority.

That's fine.. put Mace in there, IG-100, Old Ben. There are too many toons to farm through cantina nodes so some of their shards should be added to the various stores.
  • GW is now for ally points, which feed tournaments. I wouldn't expect any more characters to ever be released here.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Minowara wrote: »
    GW is now for ally points, which feed tournaments. I wouldn't expect any more characters to ever be released here.

I think so

EDIT: In addition you can convert it to Shard Shop currency.. so no new toons