Nightsider Acolyte vs. Nightsider Initiate

I'm sure this conversation has been on here, but I didn't see it. I have both these toons and haven't leveled them yet.

Which is better? Acolyte has the remove debuff extra, but I'm not sure how often that procs. Initiate has very big HP (I didn't believe it either) and looks to hit hard (on paper).

Which one is better and which should I level?

Replies

• Acolyte's party debuff removal doesn't proc, it is triggered on a finishing blow.

At gear 9 Initiate has the second highest HP after Bariss. She also crits much more.

It would really depend on what the rest of your squad is, if you have a Sid leader then go for Initiate for example.

Mine are only 3* gear 6 level 63 though, so I haven't had enough experience with them.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • But why do you like Nightsiders so much?
    340?cb=20101018133209
  • TogrutaPower
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Acolyte: Stealth is really meh, nobody is focusing her anyway. She has average damage and the debuff removal tied to a finishing blow makes it nearly worthless. She is fast though.

Initiate: Very good health, buff immunity and a guaranteed crit on her special gives you an extremely reliable nuke. Pairs excellently with Sidious/boba. Definitely the better of the two.
  • The thing with Stealth is that she doesn't need as much HP as others to be in the same league as them. So picking Initiate because of her HP might not be a good reason to do so as Acolyte has a way to work around it.
  • TogrutaPower
    28 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Defensively, HP is definitely better than stealth in this case. You have to consider the total hp pool of your team. Stealth does not reduce the net damage to your team, it simply focuses damage away from a hero and since acolyte is a very average attacker, odds are you would prefer the AI attacking her than your GS/Luke/Lumi/etc. therefore her stealth is almost detrimental.

Initiate on the other hand has good damage and she is an hp soak. This is a good combination because people either waste the time burning her instead of one of your other attackers, or she has surprising damage and utility if you ignore her. She's also superb against the AI who will waste tons of damage into her.
  • HP is definitely better than stealth. You have to consider the total hp pool of your team, if acolyte is stealthed, they are simply going to attack someone else on your team. Stealth would useful if she was an S-tier attacker that you wanted to keep alive, but she isn't. Odds are you have someone else on your team that is far more valuable. Initiate has good damage and she is an hp soak. This is a good combination because people either waste the time burning her, or she has surprising damage and utility if you ignore her.

Like I said, I haven't used either enough to decide. Stealth may be completely useless if she is focused before it can proc.

From the surface view Initiate seems much better.
  • Initiate all the way. She's like a high damage tank without a taunt, kind of like Savage Oppress...
  • I have both maxed out at 64 on a NS team and I vastly prefer acolyte.

Initiate is bugged still so that rank 6 cut down loses its bonus crit chance so it's just a subpar nuke as is. Her other ability is also underwhelming. And her basic attack damage is terrible.

Acolyte is a lot faster, has a decent nuke that I can proc maybe a third of the time with careful planning, and more damage on her basic attack.

The only benefit initiate has is as a damage sponge vs AI.

Of course they're both terrible compared to others but those are my two cents.
  • Joshu wrote: »

I think I'm going that route. They can both sit with ewok scout and mob enforcer on the level 1 bench. Thanks.
  • Initiate is so much better that most people are thinking this thread is trolling

With that said if you check the stats on swgohcantina.com initiate puts acolyte to shame by stats
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Joshu wrote: »
    I have both maxed out at 64 on a NS team and I vastly prefer acolyte.

Initiate is bugged still so that rank 6 cut down loses its bonus crit chance so it's just a subpar nuke as is. Her other ability is also underwhelming. And her basic attack damage is terrible.

Acolyte is a lot faster, has a decent nuke that I can proc maybe a third of the time with careful planning, and more damage on her basic attack.

The only benefit initiate has is as a damage sponge vs AI.

If she's bugged that's unfortunate. Looks like she'd be decent stat wise if everything's working right.
  • DarthBooey wrote: »
    I'm sure this conversation has been on here, but I didn't see it. I have both these toons and haven't leveled them yet.

Which is better? Acolyte has the remove debuff extra, but I'm not sure how often that procs. Initiate has very big HP (I didn't believe it either) and looks to hit hard (on paper).

Which one is better and which should I level?

Both of them are very useful in GW so give your prime team a rest as you progress through. Plus if you have Asajj and Daka, you'd have a real nice Nightsister team. I have Initiate purple level and she has lots of health and staying power. Have used her with Phasma in the lead and she can hold her own. Takes a while for her to die.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct