Tournament Shop Idea

Zooey
1607 posts Member
Why not instead of having tournaments reward a specific character, have them reward a special currency. You can have tournament exclusive toons that can only be purchased with that currency, as well as chromium toons and others. They can be worth a differing number of currency per shard as well. It'll be much better for people who already have 3* versions of tournament toons, and they get to run tournament exclusive chars for longer.

Replies

• Zooey wrote: »
    Why not instead of having tournaments reward a specific character, have them reward a special currency. You can have tournament exclusive toons that can only be purchased with that currency, as well as chromium toons and others. They can be worth a differing number of currency per shard as well. It'll be much better for people who already have 3* versions of tournament toons, and they get to run tournament exclusive chars for longer.

I actually was hoping this is how it would work when tournaments were first announced
  • This is a really good idea. The tourney could probably still reward the whole toon for top 20 or so. Just change the amount of currency acquired the higher the ranking.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    You could also give a payout every 24 hours and a bonus reward for final rank so if we get busy on the second day and can't keep rank we still get rewarded for our efforts the first day
  • +infinity to OP suggestion. Brilliant, simply brilliant!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Sounds great, just short of unlocking Shore. Will most likely end up just short of unlocking Chirrut. Having a pool or tournament exclusive toons (added to each tournament) to spend tournament currency on would avoid this sad state of affairs. Tournament would be more enticing.
    Only drama I see is EAs chromium sales.
  • +1

The way tournaments are at the moment I am not sure its worth doing anything other than sending a team in just to get on the leaderboard. I have been in tournaments with teams 10k power above mine and I am yet to finish in the top 1000. If every tournament is that way why bother if the toons are going to keep changing before I can unlock them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It would be nice if arena had a point system like tournament and at the end of the week we were awarded arena tokens based on ranking too.
  • Omg this would be so good. Right now i just dont even want to bother. Was pretty siked I was going to unlock shoretrooper this third tourney, but since they changed the Toon I'm not even going to bother. I'd rather get white gear from bronziums.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    This way, they can also run the tournament every weekend too!