Marketing/Product Owner?

Thisisa
10 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi devs. So, I just wanted to give you some feedback on this 10.99 crystal sub. I can't find a good logic behind it, and am hesitating to purchase. First of all, when I read the initial posts, I kept seeing the figure "4.99." While I may have misread the purpose of that figure, it matches the 4.99 I paid for the starter crystal sub. That one netted me around 1700 crystals or so, if I recall correctly, over a week. So, here I am now, faced with spending an awkward 10.99 for 2200 crystals over 3 weeks, and I can't figure out your marketing justification for why. It seems like you set a precedent for a new player like, "this is what this is worth," and then the player realizes weeks later that it must have been a one time offer. Now months later something similar pops up but it's nowhere near as good a value.

I also can't understand the rationale behind making it only available to people who previously spent X amount of dollars, either. It seems to me that you are just making very clunky marketing decisions. If you could get any money at all out of your users, why discourage that by creating a qualifying purchase? And why set the expectation for value, then offer something which is clearly less value? And why 21 days for an oddball 10.99? If you had offered the exact same sub that I bought when I downloaded the game, I likely would have purchased that every week if not every other week, which is between $10 and potentially $25 in a given month. Instead I'm looking at a product that doesn't make much sense to me, and can't justify it.

I like this game, and it's the only app I've ever made an in-app purchase in. But with the changes to GW, and the stingy offering like this, I just can't get a feel for where this is going, or a positive vision from your product owner.

Just some feedback. I'd love to see the original 4.99 crystal sub available for everyone as a recurring weekly purchase, and that makes a lot of sense to me. For now though, I guess I'll go back to repeatedly mashing the strategy (retreat) button in this GW match which is 2 stars and 5 purple levels higher than my squad. Maybe I'll get lucky on the pre-determined RNG roll at some point.

Replies

• When this game launched there were 2 options to choose from. Pack A was 4,99 and got a week time subscription, this one is 21 days for 10,99. Now I'm not sure if you know that 10,99 for 21 days is a better deal than 4,99 for 7 days.

Also like the subscription states, it's a 150% worthwhile deal. It is your choice to buy or not buy but at least they offer something after a long while.

Why it has to be unlocked by buying something else, beats me. I don't understand that choice either. But the pricing is not that bad compared to the initial offer I got when I started to play.

Perhaps you shouldn't buy this deal but I never understand why voice this out. I'm sure the devs have data on what works best and the 21 day subscription pack was most succesful most likely when they tested this a few weeks ago.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    When this game launched there were 2 options to choose from. Pack A was 4,99 and got a week time subscription, this one is 21 days for 10,99. Now I'm not sure if you know that 10,99 for 21 days is a better deal than 4,99 for 7 days.

Also like the subscription states, it's a 150% worthwhile deal. It is your choice to buy or not buy but at least they offer something after a long while.

Why it has to be unlocked by buying something else, beats me. I don't understand that choice either. But the pricing is not that bad compared to the initial offer I got when I started to play.

Perhaps you shouldn't buy this deal but I never understand why voice this out. I'm sure the devs have data on what works best and the 21 day subscription pack was most succesful most likely when they tested this a few weeks ago.

There where 2 packs WHO cost the Same Price. But 1/3 of the Community got the 7 day offer 1/3 the 21 day and 1/3 got no Daily offer at all.
    This new pack is ridiculous unworthy
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    When this game launched there were 2 options to choose from. Pack A was 4,99 and got a week time subscription, this one is 21 days for 10,99. Now I'm not sure if you know that 10,99 for 21 days is a better deal than 4,99 for 7 days.

As Poerli said, there was a 21-day, 100 crystals per day with 300 crystals on the spot; for $4.99.

• As Poerli said, there was a 21-day, 100 crystals per day with 300 crystals on the spot; for $4.99.

si, poerli is wise. it is common sense and it is true. I pay 11.00 US for the package. It is cheap. It is one less movie to watch in January.

• As Poerli said, there was a 21-day, 100 crystals per day with 300 crystals on the spot; for $4.99.

si, poerli is wise. it is common sense and it is true. I pay 11.00 US for the package. It is cheap. It is one less movie to watch in January.

I had a smile on my Face :D
  • Any way you look at it, you're getting 2200 crystal for almost half price vs buying the $20.00 pack.

It's a good option for low spenders to have crystal supplemented to their daily income
  • The new price and conditions should prove to everyone that the the original sub was not taken down due to a technical problem, but rather because they felt it was giving too much away, for too little. The prices in this game are astronomically ridiculous and EA is being a good corporation by being as greedy as possible. It's not their fault though, people ARE paying these prices, including myself. The only way they will lower them is if we, the "whales", stop paying them.

I'm part of the problem, but I'm going to try and stop.
  • @CronozNL Your math is correct on timing, but I'm referring to the amount of crystals netted by the money. As I said, I got around 1700 crystals for 4.99, over a shorter period of time. This is 2200 crystals for 10.99 over a longer period of time. This is not as good a value. I'm glad they brought back a sub of any kind, but I am choosing not to purchase it becaus the price is unattractive and it is not as good as what I was offered when I first started playing.

Perhaps enough people are purchasing this, and indeed the prices would only come down in order to sell more. It just seems that they are making very odd decisions between this and GW. I'm still playing, but being that I'm tight with money on apps, 10.99 did not get me where 4.99 probably would have. Especially knowing I'm getting less crystals per dollar than I have before.
  • "Now I'm not sure if you know that 10,99 for 21 days is a better deal than 4,99 for 7 days"

lol...some serious mathematicians in the making here....

btw thisisa, no need to create another thread on this just to copy your post from the main thread...unless you're just seeking attention that is...
  • I got the 7 days offer so I was with that 30% which means for me the offer now is appealing.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • the original "125/day + 300 up front for 7 days" (235 crystals/$1) for $5 was still better than then new "$10.99" crap....(200 crystals /$1)