dooku

Loce
194 posts Member
Is dooku op?

Replies

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    I'm having a hard time getting over his counters and bonus attacks. As far as I know there isn't anything to stop that
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Stuns stop the counters.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Yeah. Stun does stop counter. Thx
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Dude. When did this game come out?
  • Dooku quickly loses his value towards endgame. His attacks do not scale well. Grinding his shards is a long dubious process and even at 5* and 6* is not very durable and his attack doesn't improve that much. Like Barriss he is a starting character to ease your trip to 60. Nothing more. No game breaking feature.
  • My dooku just got 1 shot by the resistance pilot. Talk about OP...
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Dooku quickly loses his value towards endgame. His attacks do not scale well. Grinding his shards is a long dubious process and even at 5* and 6* is not very durable and his attack doesn't improve that much. Like Barriss he is a starting character to ease your trip to 60. Nothing more. No game breaking feature.

• Loce
    194 posts Member
    Your comment begs this question. On a lvl 60 team does dooku have a spot? I'm guessing yes. Counter is imperative, and he has a bonus attack. I understand that he has low health but he is one that is needed on any major team. Do you disagree?
  • Think about what his counter actually is...
    1) Extra damage
    2) Wastes time

The only way that the extra damage actually comes out is if he can stay alive. In other words, his damage is directly proportional to the number of hits he can take. To answer your question more directly, no he doesn't have a place in a 60 team. You better make sure (if you are using him) that you have another plan for DPS end game.
  • If you face Dooku on the opposing team, he is easily countered with your own Dooku's stun (or others) and focused down. Don't AoE until he's dead and his threat is minimized, in my experience in the low-L40 brackets.

He's annoying if you let him run amok, but if you focus fire him down fast, he's pretty squishy and manageable.

The First Order Tie Pilot, Resistance Trooper, and Resistance Pilots, on the other hand... those guys can one-shot your characters if you aren't careful... in my L40 tier, they take kill priority over downing Dooku usually.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Dooku is the last target for me. He does such a small amount of damage and I rely very little on AOE so he poses even less of threat. In general the first person I target is either Consular or Lumi. Both of these have very little health but serve as the backbone of most teams. Lumi, more than any other character is probably the single biggest threat. She has an amazing nuke plus she heals better than all other healers aside from Barriss. Taking Lumi out means you reduce the enemies damage and healing outputs. 2 for the price of one.
  • I've been lucky and don't see Lumi often on the opposing team (yet). I tend to focus dps first, then the healers between the inevitable Chewie taunts. I save my AoE (Jawa and such) for periods when Chewie is taunting to get in a few extra ****, which is why it's nice to get Dooku out of the picture (and other counter-type toons) early.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • nubsors wrote: »
    Dooku is the last target for me. He does such a small amount of damage and I rely very little on AOE so he poses even less of threat. In general the first person I target is either Consular or Lumi. Both of these have very little health but serve as the backbone of most teams. Lumi, more than any other character is probably the single biggest threat. She has an amazing nuke plus she heals better than all other healers aside from Barriss. Taking Lumi out means you reduce the enemies damage and healing outputs. 2 for the price of one.

Since I posted this I have gained a lot of toons and lvl's. I treat him the same way as you described. I hold off AoE attacks until he is either alone or in pairs or trios with with weaker players. Once he is hit by Sid's heal immunity he is done.