Make more toons viable already.

As much as I appreciate new toons coming out but it would be nice for existing toons to be made better. For example..Fotp. His special cool down is entirely too long of a wait. Making him really not even worth the hard farm or even using him in arena or anywhere else in the game for that matter. Darth Maul is another example.

I understand that those 2 toons work better in certain teams but to me it makes no sense that a ShoreTrooper at 3* can help at endgame arena when there are 7* toons that are basically useless despite how hard of a farm they are to obtain.

I don't know if the Devs development team consist of 2 people or not but it sure seems like it.
I'm so sick of new toons out performing existing toons and I know I can't be the only one that feels this way.

Please for the love of everything in this game, throw some freaking focus on existing toon for crying out loud and give the player base what we want and have been beyond patiently waiting for already! It's about time now! And I for one am getting sick of waiting and tired of my toons I worked hard on to just sit there collecting dust because they just aren't as good as the new toons coming out.

Replies

• I agree that it'd be better to have a period where they focused on making some of the existing characters more viable, rather than focus on new characters.

At the same time, I think rather than a lack of viable characters, a bigger problem is the difficulty in developing a range of characters to make them viable.

What I mean is the resources needed to make a character competitive are now huge.

Even once you've completed the sometimes mammoth task of getting them to 7*, that's only the beginning. Even with heavy spending it can take many weeks to fully level, gear and mod a character, and that's even if you've got enough credits to do it!

We need a prolonged period where they don't add any more depth to individual character progression, so that we can focus on developing a wider range of characters.

We are all missing out on a wide range of fantastic characters and combinations because it takes everything just to keep your main groups developed.
  • They will, by making many of them Pilots in the new ship combat. This list includes Ackbar, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder, Clone Sergeant, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Grand Moff Tarkin, Kylo Ren, Geonosian Spy, Ahsoka, Jedi Consular, Boba Fett, FOTP, Cad Bane, Poe, and Resistance Pilot.

Of course, Rex, Sun Fac, Geonosian Soldier, Yoda, Jedi Knight Anakin, Biggs, Wedge, TIE Pilot, and Bistan are all also pilots, which make the whales happy.

• I agree, My Nute Gunray, boba Fett, Kylo Ren and plenty more are staring at me like why don't you use meee
  • this game has a huuuuge balance issue and it **** me off everyday. Its a great game with some glaring flaws.. However imbalance makes money. If you need to farm or buy new toons every other month it means your more inclined to spend money on gear/shards
  • I'm no coder, but I really doubt that it would take more than a day's work to rewrite some toons abilites to make them viable. The fact that they don't do it is mind boggling. They would still make money from the new toons. They would still make money from the grind. They wouldn't lose out on any money. It would just be adding to enjoyment of the game.

There is a serious lack of diversity in the teams used. It is a problem, and the longer the devs ignore it the more of a problem it will become.

• I think people should bring this up more often and hopefully it would get the devs attention.
  • Wootus wrote: »
    I'm no coder, but I really doubt that it would take more than a day's work to rewrite some toons abilites to make them viable. The fact that they don't do it is mind boggling. They would still make money from the new toons. They would still make money from the grind. They wouldn't lose out on any money. It would just be adding to enjoyment of the game.

There is a serious lack of diversity in the teams used. It is a problem, and the longer the devs ignore it the more of a problem it will become.

While I agree with most of the sentiments of this thread I must say that reworking (read: rebalance to make more competitive) a character is not just a matter of new coding. With a game with as broad a roster as this game, the threat of unintended consequences are always present and you must take absolute care to not do something that you thought was only a minor buff but when factoring in character Y is suddenly game breaking. I can understand the desire to be cautious in reworking and buffing characters.

But then the devs go and release a pair of absolutely broken characters like they just did with baze and his buddy and I realize that they must not really give a **** about balance afterall haha.
  • What ticks me off about new toons..take ShoreTropper for instance. Taunt at the beginning of the battle is a very good ability. The problem with it is that it last way longer then it actually should. Heck not even raid Han Solos stun doesn't even last longer than it should.

New toons = Better, Stronger, more useful

Old toons = Why in the world did I bother wasting my time, effort and money because they aren't good enough.

My days on this game are definitely numbered. And as for spending money I have been refusing to do it nor do I have plans to even do so.

Good job devs...way to make me despise what this game has become.

/slow clap
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    hey @aniema, learn to play ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Aniema wrote: »
    What ticks me off about new toons..take ShoreTropper for instance. Taunt at the beginning of the battle is a very good ability. The problem with it is that it last way longer then it actually should. Heck not even raid Han Solos stun doesn't even last longer than it should.

New toons = Better, Stronger, more useful

Old toons = Why in the world did I bother wasting my time, effort and money because they aren't good enough.

My days on this game are definitely numbered. And as for spending money I have been refusing to do it nor do I have plans to even do so.

Good job devs...way to make me despise what this game has become.

/slow clap

The only thing I would remind you is that you dont have to only compete in Arena to be able to enjoy the game. Sure alot of the game revolves around Arena/PvP but there are other aspects of the game to engage in and there is even the ability to just collect characters for the fun of having them & being able to field your dream squad in some pve or early GW nodes.
  • I think you will find the devs are addressing this issue. All of you just calm you farm and be greatful we have this game in the first place.

In all honesty the other starwar games out are junk compared to this one.
  • Make second rate toons great again!
  • I think you will find the devs are addressing this issue. All of you just calm you farm and be greatful we have this game in the first place.

In all honesty the other starwar games out are junk compared to this one.

How exactly are the devs addressing the issue? In the past month they've released three tanks who auto taunt with each also having strong sets of support abilities. They've released a character with a Barris like heal and a cleanse who also is fast and can hit for 20+k. They're making the balance issue worse with the power creep they're creating
  • +1 old chars 7 starred gear 10 are worth new chars 5 starred gear 8 sometimes. Make me sad to be honest. :disappointed:
  • @leef

Come on now bro. This isn't a learn to play issue and you know this.

When is the last time you've seen Sideous, Asajj, Lumi, Ahsoka, Bane, Kylo Ren, Jawa, Lobot, Finn, Maul, Greedo, Poe etc in the top 50 of arena?

I for one am stoked about new characters coming out but let's be realistic, more than half of my roster isn't worth using in arena because the new characters coming out are just much more better.

Wanting older characters to be more effective isn't asking for much I don't think. To be honest even you would be happy if they fixed older characters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @JediMindTricks I know. Aniema was very vocal in the past everytime someone complained, he recently made a full 180 and i like giving him a hard time about it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    leef wrote: »
    @JediMindTricks I know. Aniema was very vocal in the past everytime someone complained, he recently made a full 180 and i like giving him a hard time about it.

Yes he/she was. Looks like it caught up with him lol. Although, I have to say I like older characters being made better.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    RIP @Aniema :astonished: got OHKO'd by Wiggs
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I'm actually pretty miffed about Chorizo being a direct upgrade / replacement to Barriss instead of each having a different niche.

Buff Barriss.