Level up your fleet commanders!

So... yeah GIVE US THE CREDITS or a chance to get them trough a challenge
12 days - missed a credit heist week
4m+ to get to 80 and then about 2m for 85....
Please so many chars.... so hard to pick who to lvl and another PVP tournament is comming...
So you get free 3m-20m credits per week but 560k-1.68m costs 595 crystals? whaaaaa?

Why are credits so hard to get
FYI - daily player here - do any and all in game

I have 26 opened chars below lvl 60 that are upgraded (some maxed) and can't get them to use status
22 toons between 60-80 opened moded at 1*mods that I can't use because of no credits
And a bunch of hte main guys at higher lvls that i lack 1-2 lvls untill 83- my max....really I have to chose who to lvl due to 350k cost per lvl

And now get tarkin and windu and lvl them up (maxed akbar for rebels event....in the future)

Please allow us to get more credits 1m rewards or 500k raid rewards are a joke when you consider the credit heist and the cost of 1 lvl around 80ish...I mean 1-3 lvls for 1 toon.....

Please this is not fun and it's frustrating to pick and choose...who to lvl....

Replies

• Please this is not fun and it's frustrating to pick and choose...who to lvl....

That's the game... it's resource management. There are choices and opportunity costs.
  • I lev up Lando already luckily...
  • Please this is not fun and it's frustrating to pick and choose...who to lvl....

That's the game... it's resource management. There are choices and opportunity costs.

No this is not resource management. The credit levels are the same as they were when the cap was 60 (barring the credit heist) They haven't scaled with the rest of the game and they're way behind where they should be. They need to be increased to allow you to even have some resources to manage. ESPECIALLY for f2p

Yes but it seems to me they want us to use all chars and at the very least there is a point to be made for event needed toons... like rebels no one used them then a bunch of chalanges appeared with lando then wedge now they are meta.But before lando and wedge they weren't popular and then booom a chalange that requires you to get all the rebels - at the time

Yes resource management but when you make me far 2 more toons to participate in a new section of the game - the largest update ever- it forces me to take from lvling up say....Finn so I can get good speed mods and there are a ton of examples like this....

IDK it's just how I see it.As soon as I get ahead and start building a next team BOOOM an new super event that requires 3 toons I don't have. Then I have to prioritize those and take resources from my toon build...and sure I don't "have to" but if you want to play the game and not get left behind you kinda have to... I mean I got yoda because jedi are a big deal in the univers and there were a lot of them f2p so having 6 seemed sensible but resistance and first order only has 6 each... then rebels kept coming out IDK I can't play the game like me if I keep having to max a new toon for an event every 2 months or so....

and then you have PVP wich requires all teams going against the verry best, after the first day I can't win with half of my squads because they are lvl 50 an all opponents are 80+

Am I the only one that has this issue? sure rex is p2w but credits is the great resource that drives the game? and let's not forget the Rarity upgrade almost 2m there to max a toon to 7

Still love the game, excited about ships ... Am I the only one that feels like this?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Sithlord82 wrote: »

No this is not resource management. The credit levels are the same as they were when the cap was 60 (barring the credit heist) They haven't scaled with the rest of the game and they're way behind where they should be. They need to be increased to allow you to even have some resources to manage. ESPECIALLY for f2p

No such thing as free to play. It's free to play until you give in. Or free to play and you complaining is lame because you aren't paying for it. If you don't want to pay its tougher resource management.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Sithlord82 wrote: »

No such thing as free to play. It's free to play until you give in. Or free to play and you complaining is lame because you aren't paying for it.

Are you honestly telling me you spend 595 crystals on avg 500k credits? because if you are good for you

1.I pay for the game
    2.I will never buy credits for crystals at current price as it's not worth it for me
    3.crystals to credits ratio is not worth it past lvl 60 as you have credit heist weekly at 5m avg and then raids
    4.THis is not about p2w vs f2p tho f2p draw a super short stick for credits related things
    5.It's about how rare they are considering training droids and rarity as in lvling should be driven by training droids and NOT credits as those are a common resource for rarity/lvl/gear/ability
  • Sithlord82 wrote: »

+1

Yes but it seems to me they want us to use all chars and at the very least there is a point to be made for event needed toons...

They want you to be able to use every character. You choose who to unlock and level based on what's important to you--Arena, Galactic War, raids, levelling... You have to prioritize.

Or you can just buy everything. That's fair and fine, no tea, no shade, no lemonade. But I like the resource management--and I don't have much money to spate.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Yes but it seems to me they want us to use all chars and at the very least there is a point to be made for event needed toons... like rebels no one used them then a bunch of chalanges appeared with lando then wedge now they are meta.But before lando and wedge they weren't popular and then booom a chalange that requires you to get all the rebels - at the time

Yes resource management but when you make me far 2 more toons to participate in a new section of the game - the largest update ever- it forces me to take from lvling up say....Finn so I can get good speed mods and there are a ton of examples like this....

IDK it's just how I see it.As soon as I get ahead and start building a next team BOOOM an new super event that requires 3 toons I don't have. Then I have to prioritize those and take resources from my toon build...and sure I don't "have to" but if you want to play the game and not get left behind you kinda have to... I mean I got yoda because jedi are a big deal in the univers and there were a lot of them f2p so having 6 seemed sensible but resistance and first order only has 6 each... then rebels kept coming out IDK I can't play the game like me if I keep having to max a new toon for an event every 2 months or so....

and then you have PVP wich requires all teams going against the verry best, after the first day I can't win with half of my squads because they are lvl 50 an all opponents are 80+

Am I the only one that has this issue? sure rex is p2w but credits is the great resource that drives the game? and let's not forget the Rarity upgrade almost 2m there to max a toon to 7

Still love the game, excited about ships ... Am I the only one that feels like this?

No I feel frustrated by this as well. It seems like a unnecessary pay wall
  • 5.It's about how rare they are considering training droids and rarity as in lvling should be driven by training droids and NOT credits as those are a common resource for rarity/lvl/gear/ability

Who cares what drives the scarcity. There will always be a scarcity unless you spend and spend more.

The devs don't care what characters we want/need/use per se, they want us to spend money. That's fine, they're not in this for our revolution, they expect to be paid. Thus, they create incentives (rebel only challenges, powerful chromium only characters) and you can either spend and not have the resource issue or manage your resources in the best way for you to enjoy the game.
  • So, GW is .5mil, I additionaly can turn in Arena points for credits now so there's another source of income. I'm looking at almost 1 million per day. So, I know I just told people to beat GW and do well in Arena, but I'm making the point that there are certainly ways to make money. Yes you can buy with crystals but you don't have to. Part of the game is saving up for things. Just because and announcement gives us an info tip doesn't mean they should 'give' us everything necessary to accomplish this. It's still a game of costs and resources. Nothing new here. If you're feeling stressed, remember you're not going to be in trouble for not having every pilot maxed when ships come out. The percentage of players that will have that much of a lead on you isn't that great, especially if you're a daily player that's been going for more than 6 months.

Enjoy the ride and be inspired by the great rewards for staying focused and setting aside resources for the next awesome phase of the game. I'm stoked, and I have under 2m credits at the moment (leveling up soon, maybe I should stop spending credits for the next couple days), because it's up to me how I choose to respond to the game.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Credits might be my biggest issue with this game, and after some things that happened... that is saying a lot.
    Why do we even have levels to begin with...
    The character already has "stars"
    Its worthless gearless anyway..
    Why do even need another wall... leveling them? And its not related to how much you play that character anyway... but just credits (and droids)...
    Pointless.
    Add this to the massive scarcity of credits... and it's mind boggling.

As someone said earlier we had about the same credits (minus the heist) when we were at lvl 70.. from lvl 70 to 85.. is like what 5M? There goes the heist for the week...
    Oh.. and mods? Can't have a character without them nowadays so that 600k a pop... multiply that by 6...
    And don't you think about swapping the mods from one character to another... there goes the 50k credits rank 1 arena grants..
    But when we were lvl 80 back in the day... before mods/heist/rancor we only needed a team or two...
    Now? With mod challenges? The aat?
    How many do we need? Really need.. not this talk of choices...
    Yea you have a choice of not doing the aat.. not doing the rancor... not playing... talking to the wife...
    And we know thats not a option...ahah

Long story short, I need credits, constantly broke...lolololol
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    U can buy credits if u really want some... n not even witg crystals. U cant always have ur cake n eat it too, my friend
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • But I really like cake...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    U can buy credits if u really want some... n not even witg crystals. U cant always have ur cake n eat it too, my friend

Good point but consider this:

5m - from credit heist + 1m from 2xrancor raid(2/week scenario)+1m from AAT= at least 7m+ 3.5m from GW that is over 10m credits easily, How can you charge 595 crystals for 560k a 5% increase from what I get in a week?

10m/7=1.42m/day avg/week that still means 500 crystals for 30% the buying credits is just not an option

That is the point if more chalanges would reward or allow refreshes it would be diffrent but as long as you do GW/credit heist and raid the credits are pretty much set in stone

And now ships are comming and you know they will require credits, probably that is why they skiped a credit heist so they give us free credits there but really why? why have 2 thirds of the roster unusable due to lack of credits? just why? I can't belive any1 would spend 10k crystals on credits...or enaugh to make a diffrance anyways
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I need 10mil to just upgrade my level 80 characters to 83..(that doesnt include all my 7* at level1). but its my choice to have the budget i do... and i just cruise along at my speed limit

This is choose ur own adventure :)
  • I've purchase credits before. Wasn't that bad. When you're in a pinch, it's nice there's an option. Why is a roster so low? Because you don't have credits, why? Because they were spent already, why? Because we're playing the game....why? Because we like it. Play the game, earn credits, level units. If you don't enjoy this process, there are bigger issues at hand that have nothing to do with the date of the last credit heist (7 days ago I believe).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    They said there would be shards and stuff at the beginning of ships, too. So it's possible ships WILL give us some resources. My guess is that starting on your fleet commanders now will give you a head start. The majority of the player base will probably be able to jump into ships tutorial and start off ok.
  • It wouldn't kill their revenue to just make the heist a weekly event. Yes it's a resource management game, but making their player base happy would go a lot farther than a few dollars.

The people that are already dedicated to P2P are going to stay that way. The people that are monthly crystal subs and F2P are more likely to just quit than to start spending some/more money. In my book this would actually equal lost revenue.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Sayuloveit wrote: »
    It wouldn't kill their revenue to just make the heist a weekly event. Yes it's a resource management game, but making their player base happy would go a lot farther than a few dollars.

The people that are already dedicated to P2P are going to stay that way. The people that are monthly crystal subs and F2P are more likely to just quit than to start spending some/more money. In my book this would actually equal lost revenue.

What we think is good and what they know is good for long-term might be worlds apart
  • I had to buy credits today to promote Wedge. Now I need credits to promote my arena team to 84, but those I can patiently wait for.
  • To whale or not to whale, that is the question.
    It wouldn't kill their revenue to just make the heist a weekly event. Yes it's a resource management game, but making their player base happy would go a lot farther than a few dollars.

What we think is good and what they know is good for long-term might be worlds apart

+1

Debatable. When I was a PAD player, the more they added to the game to help the grind the more inclined I was to spend money. In the beginning, when it was 10min per point of stam refresh and crystals were barely given out I was fine patiently waiting because a small amount of cash still had a minimum reward, kind of like how it is currently in GoH.

For example, why would I want to spend money for toons when I don't have the credits to level or even activate them?? I would spend some money on one or the other, but I won't spend money for both.

As the PAD team listened to the NA community for QoL improvements that alleviated some of the grind, which in turn opened up more of the game, I was more apt to open my wallet.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @Malthael do you spend more on gear or credits?

J0K3R wrote: »

What they know is good for long-term, and what they actually do might also be worlds apart.

So we can only make our own judgements. It seems to me they generally haven't played the long game with this game and it has a shelf life.

And now the grind has got worse with needing so many at G10. G10 is a huge grind. And characters are pointless until there. 1400 crystals for one piece of gear on one character? These are strictly whale prices. There's no point spending on this if you aren't one.

IMO if some of the grind isn't alleviated, I think the shelf life of the game will be much shorter.

That is why I think they will alleviate some of the grind soon. I don't think they are letting the game run out so fast and there is still a lot of monetising to be done
  • Clearly not confirmed, but to those saying (probably correctly) that ships will be a further drain on resources that are already stretched - consider that the ships add-on will generate new credit streams itself, kinda like GW. I don't know - I'm just guessing - but I can't imagine that not one single mode of ship gameplay will be without a credit reward.

It's already been stated that we (as in the player base as a whole) are consuming content far more quickly than was anticipated. So I don't think the grind will be going anywhere soon; mods were introduced to slow us down, ships now slows us down, everything introduced to slow us down and keep us hooked. I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing - just the way it is, as I see it.
  • I see levels serving two purposes, first it's another thing to grind and thus another element for you pay money for.

Second, it sets caps based on how much you did in the game, preventing people from getting really strong toons early. Stars provide a modifier to stats which are based on levels. So you can't have someone just buy 20,000 chromium packs on day one and clobber people that have been playing for months.

Stars aren't actually needed, you can do what you need based on level like any other game. Stars are added so they can get more money per toon. It's not just unlocking them, you need to get 330 segments.
  • AntonioGNAL
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I started the Game a month ago. Made lvl 60 today and I can tell you there is no way I can keep up leveling the necessary characters. I have AA and I cannot level him up because I lack credits, Tomorrow I'm getting the last shards to unlock Windu and I won't be able to lvl him up either... Cause I lack the credits. I'm not even trying to get Tarkin... For long term players this might be "resource management" for new players it is a wall.
  • Malthael
    972 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    @Malthael do you spend more on gear or credits?

I spend a lot (too much, perhaps) on gear, as I did on chromium packs in the beggining.
    And, to be honest, I've bought credit packs on the past (looking back, I probably wouldn't have done it).

I stopped buying credits though, mainly for two reasons:
    a) the amount I need is a lot. So why even start...
    b) buying credits to level or star characters that I've bought seems - to me ofc - dumb, specially combined with a pricing which seems to me - always subjective - like off.

it's like going to to a store and buying an apple, but then, when you're about to leave the store the salesclerk turns to you and says: wait you need to pay to eat the apple!
    But... but.. I bought the apple!

Meanwhile, the frustation keeps growing, 330 shards on several characters but no star'ing... several 7* that remain at level 1 or 50's.

Do I enjoy the game more because I need to manage the little credits that I have? No.
    Do I spend more because of it? No... no leveling, no gearing.. no buying gear.

I hope that answered your question.

• The bottom line is that when the game was released a year ago, the amount of resources was sufficient for the roster depth that people had or needed.

Now the resource need has doubled or tripled, if not more, and despite some of the improvements that were made to the heist or whatever else it is simply not enough. There's no arguing it.

Malthael about said it perfectly in his post above, and I would be willing to bet his statement of frustration applies to a vast amount of players.