Ships Preview Post - UPDATED 11/17/2016 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Dyakoff wrote: »
    Restored balance in the force needs to be.
    Only 7 pilots and 1 admiral dark side has.
    12 pilots and 2 admirals light side boasts.
    Just as always this is.

they said more are to come
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • How about the ships? Do we have to level/train ships? Do we have to equip/gear ships? Or are ships just 1-time-activated containers to make the corresponding pilot available in ships battle? (=power comes from char level/gear/stars/mods/etc and ship only unlock the battle?)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    How about the ships? Do we have to level/train ships? Do we have to equip/gear ships? Or are ships just 1-time-activated containers to make the corresponding pilot available in ships battle? (=power comes from char level/gear/stars/mods/etc and ship only unlock the battle?)

I'm sure we have to star, gear & level ships just like toons, wouldn't be surprised if they roll out mods for them in the future too.
  • Endurance lead by Mace ... hmmm, interesting ... i would have expected Yoda to command it.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • @EA_Jesse great update looking forward to the launching of ships !!
  • No EPIV/V/VI Millenium Falcon, no Classic Chewie, only Clone wars one...

No Lando + Nien Nub Millenium Falcon...

bah humbug.
  • I think what we could all use right now is some leaked footage of ships gameplay.
  • JarDorK wrote: »
    any chance to get kotor ships?

Ebon Hawk baby!
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Nikkalise wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Because it is the Episode VII version of the Millennium Falcon

Will we get a version of the Falcon from Episodes IV-VI with Han and Chewie as the pilots? @EA_Jesse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aww come on, you can tell me I won't tell a soul!! Lol @EA_Jesse.

• I'm the only one who can't remember of the Executrix? I know the Executor but thats Vaders Ship.
  • If we already have the characters that we will receive through the tutorials, how many shards will you get for each of them?
  • If we already have the characters that we will receive through the tutorials, how many shards will you get for each of them?

Enough to unlock them. So if they unlock as a 2* hero, you'll get 25 shards. 3* = 50, etc
  • Brutha wrote: »
    I'm the only one who can't remember of the Executrix? I know the Executor but thats Vaders Ship.

Executrix is Tarkin's Imperial class, Executor is Vader's Super Star Destroyer.

So we'll be getting an ISD.
  • Been looking forward to it looks like august comes early this year
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Will the characters gear/star level have any impact on ship battles, or just the ship?

A characters gear/star level will have an impact on how powerful the ship is in battle. The more powerful your crew, the more powerful your ship.

Awesome, thank you!
  • Nikkalise wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Because it is the Episode VII version of the Millennium Falcon

Will we get a version of the Falcon from Episodes IV-VI with Han and Chewie as the pilots? @EA_Jesse

Probably will be a raid reward ship that requires raid reward Han and a new Chewie toon.

• Didn't Han pilot the Falcon in Episode 7 also? Wasn't he the one who piloted the Falcon out of Hyperspace into Starkiller Base or was that Mary Sue also?
  • Didn't Han pilot the Falcon in Episode 7 also? Wasn't he the one who piloted the Falcon out of Hyperspace into Starkiller Base or was that Mary Sue also?

That was Han and Chewie. But they haven't released the Han and Chewie medicare required toons yet...lol

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

We'll be happy to wait, I promise. :3

Wendsday is right before a weekend? You must have an amazing job xD

She said holiday weekend... Thursday is thanksgiving... So offices will be closed until monday

Yeah but for the rest of the world there is no thanksgiving ;) or do you belive thers only life in the Us?

Ok. However the CG development team is affected by the US holidays, and most business that are not retail are off Thursday thru Sunday for Thanksgiving in the US. The concern and a good one IMO is dropping a huge update that may not go perfectly right before the offices close for 4 days.
    So it has nothing to do with non-US not observing thanksgiving but everything to do with a major update released before 4 days of no one in the office to fix any issues that come up.
  • nulami wrote: »
    Didn't Han pilot the Falcon in Episode 7 also? Wasn't he the one who piloted the Falcon out of Hyperspace into Starkiller Base or was that Mary Sue also?

That was Han and Chewie. But they haven't released the Han and Chewie medicare required toons yet...lol

that's a good one

yeah they will have the older version one i'm sure down the road.
  • Please, in a future release, give us Noa Briqualon in his starship:

20080104noa2.jpg
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Yay yay yay!

One comment... if ship leveling etc. requires credits (almost undoubtedly) ... please give us more ways to get more credits!
  • Mageduckey wrote: »
    If we already have the characters that we will receive through the tutorials, how many shards will you get for each of them?

Enough to unlock them. So if they unlock as a 2* hero, you'll get 25 shards. 3* = 50, etc

I'd love confirmation on this. If I have Tarkin at 250 shards (not activated), then I should finish the event and have him 7*. But, in the past, they've unlocked characters at lower levels than if we farmed, i.e. 2* Lando, 3* HK47, etc
  • I must have thrown a black cat through a ladder that hit and broke a mirror while also spilling some salt along the way.... Out of the 15 geared 7star lvl 80+ chars i have exactly 0 that are pilots ....
  • does anyone else get the feeling that the least used toons will end up being the most powerful in ships? DM, JC, MW etc.

• Ledinis wrote: »
    I must have thrown a black cat through a ladder that hit and broke a mirror while also spilling some salt along the way.... Out of the 15 geared 7star lvl 80+ chars i have exactly 0 that are pilots ....

funny. i'm the opposite. i farmed clones, mace, to 7*s so Im sitting pretty good.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    How about the ships? Do we have to level/train ships? Do we have to equip/gear ships? Or are ships just 1-time-activated containers to make the corresponding pilot available in ships battle? (=power comes from char level/gear/stars/mods/etc and ship only unlock the battle?)

Jesse's response made it seem like the crew's power (including mods) dictated the ship's power, but it could be a combination of the ship's own level/gear and the crew's that determines the total power.
  • WhenISayRun
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    This all looks really fun!

I am bummed that we need Finn to help Rey pilot the ****.

lol, it edited out the M F for Millennium Falcon.
    Post edited by WhenISayRun on
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    medetec wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

We'll be happy to wait, I promise. :3

Wendsday is right before a weekend? You must have an amazing job xD

She said holiday weekend... Thursday is thanksgiving... So offices will be closed until monday

Yeah but for the rest of the world there is no thanksgiving ;) or do you belive thers only life in the Us?

No it's mainly because CG is located in the United States and it's obvious that they won't be in their offices on a holiday weekend
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
This discussion has been closed.