Ships Preview Post - UPDATED 11/17/2016 *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• medetec wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of interesting new content, but can we please consider pushing the release to a Monday so there are people in the office to monitor the release instead of launching right before a holiday weekend? And do the same for all future releases, rather than the regular Friday releases?

We'll be happy to wait, I promise. :3

Wendsday is right before a weekend? You must have an amazing job xD

She said holiday weekend... Thursday is thanksgiving... So offices will be closed until monday

Yeah but for the rest of the world there is no thanksgiving ;) or do you belive thers only life in the Us?

It's that there's only dev team in the U.S. If the dev team were based in another country, that would be different, but the issue is whether the devs are going to be in the office to address issues that come up based on the launch, not whether players are going to be at work.
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    I must have thrown a black cat through a ladder that hit and broke a mirror while also spilling some salt along the way.... Out of the 15 geared 7star lvl 80+ chars i have exactly 0 that are pilots ....

OMG, I spit my coffee out! I'm sorry for you, truly, but that was funny as hěll!!
  • So once you have unlocked all the ships and are ready to actually participate in the ships combat will we need to use Energy, Cantina Energy, or will there be a new energy added to the game?
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    How dare you leave out the IG 2000 and its pilot IG 88, but give clone seargent his own ship!
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Why Episode 7 Falcon? By far the most iconic ship in Star Wars, you would expect the Episode IV to be one of the featured ships, right? I don't know about anyone else, but Episode VII Millennium Falcon isn't really iconic. Rey and Finn don't need to be pilots as badly as other characters, especially Finn. Unless they make multiple versions (which I don't think would be a good idea, multiple versions of a character seems a bit too much), we will be stuck with the Millennium Falcon being from Force Awakens. When 99% of people think of it, they probably think of Han and Chewie (who could really be made useful if swapped to Episode IV version of him), maybe even Lando/Nien Nunb. I understand a problem would be Raid-exclusive Han as a pilot, but at least this would have made the Millennium Falcon more exclusive.
    I still love everything else though, just my thoughts on the Falcon
  • If we are to have the episode VII Falcon, that's fine, but shouldn't it be Rey and Chewie? Finn didn't pilot anything. In fact, he needed to help Poe escape because he needed a pilot to get away. I suppose I can understand the reasoning as you are pairing two resistance characters together, but it just doesn't sit well.
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    T_Landis wrote: »
    If we are to have the episode VII Falcon, that's fine, but shouldn't it be Rey and Chewie? Finn didn't pilot anything. In fact, he needed to help Poe escape because he needed a pilot to get away. I suppose I can understand the reasoning as you are pairing two resistance characters together, but it just doesn't sit well.

Finn was the gunner, so makes perfect sense to be on the crew with Rey
  • Love it :)

Wouldn't mind a paid version for events, different ships or crystal refreshes for the event...at least 1 maybe tho shards might be hard to balance

Will there be a refresh style event? so we can do and redo maybe at least on a few low toons?
  • Love it :)

Wouldn't mind a paid version for events, different ships or crystal refreshes for the event...at least 1 maybe tho shards might be hard to balance

Will there be a refresh style event? so we can do and redo maybe at least on a few low toons?

If it's anything like the Yoda or Emperors Demise events, they are different tiered challenges where you unlock a certain number of shards per tier completed, unlocking the next one. Once they are completed, they are locked and unable to do them again.
    SWGoH In-Game Name (ColonelSandurz) - TeamSkunk Omicron - hAAT
  • T_Landis wrote: »
    If we are to have the episode VII Falcon, that's fine, but shouldn't it be Rey and Chewie? Finn didn't pilot anything. In fact, he needed to help Poe escape because he needed a pilot to get away. I suppose I can understand the reasoning as you are pairing two resistance characters together, but it just doesn't sit well.

It's the wrong chewie. We have clone wars chewie. The only Ep 7 characters that were on the Falcon in our current game state are Rey and Finn, so thats likely why it's Rey and Finn.

I assume down the line they'll release OT Chewie to pilot OT Falcon with Han.
  • What I'm most interested in about ships is what the rewards are. Are we going to get gear, credits, shards, and/or other stuff we already want, or is it going to be like mods, where we will have to dump in an ocean of credits and energy just to stay competitive. I haven't seen even the slightest hint of an answer to this question anywhere, and IMO it is by far the most important one.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    What I'm most interested in about ships is what the rewards are. Are we going to get gear, credits, shards, and/or other stuff we already want, or is it going to be like mods, where we will have to dump in an ocean of credits and energy just to stay competitive. I haven't seen even the slightest hint of an answer to this question anywhere, and IMO it is by far the most important one.

You with get an abundance of blue prints for JC's star fighter
  • scuba wrote: »
    What I'm most interested in about ships is what the rewards are. Are we going to get gear, credits, shards, and/or other stuff we already want, or is it going to be like mods, where we will have to dump in an ocean of credits and energy just to stay competitive. I haven't seen even the slightest hint of an answer to this question anywhere, and IMO it is by far the most important one.

You with get an abundance of blue prints for JC's star fighter

Exactly what I was needing to help expand my roster!
  • those ships that have '2 characters associated to them' does it mean it requires 2 characters to use the ship or any of the 2 characters can be used to pilot the ship
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Why are Rey and Finn piloting the falcon instead of Han and Chewie??

Because it is the Episode VII version of the Millennium Falcon

So the ship is half stuffed and old. Interesting (jokes) lol
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    RonEmpire wrote: »
    those ships that have '2 characters associated to them' does it mean it requires 2 characters to use the ship or any of the 2 characters can be used to pilot the ship

News those 2 specific ones

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/764124/#Comment_764124
  • I have a question. Now there are going to be ships, will there be a raid involving ships for the guild? If so, will it be death star ?
  • If you are putting toons like Maul as a pilot does that mean they will be being made farmable?
  • I have a question. Now there are going to be ships, will there be a raid involving ships for the guild? If so, will it be death star ?

That's a really-really good idea. I hope the devs go with it.
  • Are those going to be the only ship leaders? Plx respond I have a week to get 80 shards if it is
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lonewolf02 wrote: »
    Are those going to be the only ship leaders? Plx respond I have a week to get 80 shards if it is

At the release yes. But more to come.
  • So you won't be able to play with out them
  • I need 40 mace windo shards dang it
  • Are you guys planning on releasing anakins Jedi star fighter?
  • Lonewolf02 wrote: »
    Are those going to be the only ship leaders? Plx respond I have a week to get 80 shards if it is

Apparently when ships are launched, we get shards to unlock needed toons for some of the ships so if you fall short it won't matter so much as you may be able to unlock needed toons any way
  • MaulResurected
    556 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @ea jesse @eakozi do you all not like luke? Consular gets a ship but the leader of rogue squadron doesn't? I just don't get the logic, Mark Hamill is a great voice actor and has delivered the best joker and was the main hero of the original triology but in this game he's pretty much nonexistant.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Why are Rey and Finn piloting the falcon instead of Han and Chewie??

Because it is the Episode VII version of the Millennium Falcon

... in which episode Han and Chewy also Pilot the Falcon.
  • @ea jesse @eakozi do you all not like luke? Consular gets a ship but the leader of rogue squadron doesn't? I just don't get the logic, Mark Hamill is a great voice actor and has delivered the best joker and was the main hero of the original triology but in this game he's pretty much nonexistant.

Devs could always turn around and release force awakens Luke if we all keep complaining.

Force awakens Luke : Basic attack - Stand on a mountain
    Special ability - grow a beard
  • or still looking at the twin suns on tatooine or picking power converters wondering when he will get his chance
  • T_Landis wrote: »
    Love it :)

If it's anything like the Yoda or Emperors Demise events, they are different tiered challenges where you unlock a certain number of shards per tier completed, unlocking the next one. Once they are completed, they are locked and unable to do them again.

Roger that ty :)
This discussion has been closed.