Squad Tournament tiers and levelling up question

Anyone know what happens if you level up beyond your squad tournament tier DURING a squad tournament? i.e. level 69 at start of tournament so enter the 60-69 tier but then level up to 70 on Day 2.

Do you stay in the same tournament tier (60-69) or transfer to the next tier up (70-79)? If the latter, what happens to your points?

Replies

• You stay in the bracket, so hold off on levelling if you can.
  • To clarify: you move to the new tier if you level up during a tourney?
  • If so I assume you keep your Points. Does this not create an obvious exploit? Hold off on levelling up, build up big tournament Points at lower difficulty levels of the current tier, level up in the last few minutes of the event and gain much higher rank that you'd ever be able to get if you'd started the tourney in the higher tier and faced much more difficult opponents.
  • Axis
    78 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    If you are placed into a bracket at 69, and then an hour later level up to 70, you will stay in the 60-69 bracket. Not sure how much of an exploit. How much do you really gain by a single level? Unless you've been planning this for a week and can immediately take several toons to the next gear level allowed by going to 70 it's not a big deal.
  • Ah OK, so you stay in your starting bracket even when you level up. Why did you suggest holding off on levelling? (Sorry being dumb, probably...)

I am 100 XP away from levelling up and don't want to ascend and then get creamed by player 10 levels above me...
  • He meant hold off on leveling so you are at strongest of your tier when it starts as opposed to the weakest of a higher tier.
  • aha! I thought he meant hold off during the tourney...
  • He meant hold off on leveling so you are at strongest of your tier when it starts as opposed to the weakest of a higher tier.

Right. While not a huge advantage, being level 70 in a 60-69 IS an advantage. Might as well take it. Especially when the alternative is being at the bottom of the next bracket.