The Boba Fett rework is upon us

Replies

• I have a feeling bobba rework is on the scale of Biggs and wedge.

I'm pretty sure bobbas skills will be close to that of the Slave 1 ship he will command

Mark my words
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I have a feeling bobba rework is on the scale of Biggs and wedge.

I'm pretty sure bobbas skills will be close to that of the Slave 1 ship he will command

Mark my words

Boba will still be in my team I'm hoping for a Boba & Dengar synergy or Boba & Jango
  • Woot! Boba and bounty hunters!! This game is going to get really hot in the coming months. Thank you so much CG/EA, cheers!
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Woot! Boba and bounty hunters!! This game is going to get really hot in the coming months. Thank you so much CG/EA, cheers!

Just wait till Embo and Bossk get released !!!!
  • Lkw wrote: »
    Why is everyone so excited? Do you guys remember mace? Twice

:)

I suppose there is a chance they do something good but this talk of being meta and whatnot don't get hopes too high now

Remember royal guard?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Anyone else against bounty hunters having synergy? Aren't they supposed to be lone wolves? I can live with it though. But stop asking for the Boba/Jango synergy. They never had any.. Might as well give Luke & Vader synergy then just because they're father & son. Throw Leia in there too then for a triple synergy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boba will become the new noob advice build.

Everyone would always say lando because of the cross over credit heist and rebel and an all around toon.( and will still be a good toon to focus on)

Now we have boba, credit heist and pilot and possibly all around toon.

Very excited.

• DeeRod12 wrote: »
    Woot! Boba and bounty hunters!! This game is going to get really hot in the coming months. Thank you so much CG/EA, cheers!

That would be/will be so awesome! Embo would be so sweet! I'd hope Bossk would have some sort of ability to 'see through' invisibility.
  • Apoc88 wrote: »
    Anyone else against bounty hunters having synergy? Aren't they supposed to be lone wolves? I can live with it though. But stop asking for the Boba/Jango synergy. They never had any.. Might as well give Luke & Vader synergy then just because they're father & son. Throw Leia in there too then for a triple synergy.

I mainly want Boba & Dengar synergy my boba is maxed and I'm holding off on dengar but in the clone wars bounty hunters worked together and in the books Boba & Dengar and a good relationship between each other
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Boba will become the new noob advice build.

Everyone would always say lando because of the cross over credit heist and rebel and an all around toon.( and will still be a good toon to focus on)

Now we have boba, credit heist and pilot and possibly all around toon.

Very excited.

Hope people don't jump on the Boba hype train if they don't got him lol I've had mine maxed for awhile and use him in arena sometimes but he's my favorite sw character
  • Vertigo322 wrote: »
    DeeRod12 wrote: »

That would be/will be so awesome! Embo would be so sweet! I'd hope Bossk would have some sort of ability to 'see through' invisibility.

Hope he's like ani an attacker with good HP & prot
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Rework?! Noooooooo! Darn it. Well I'm happy about the gun animation at least. Ugh.

I know now people will flock to him when we already have been using him lol just like lando.

Yup! I'll probably quit to be honest. I've been using him since I first started and I like him. I thought he was fine the way he was, aside from the lack of gun animation. I have no interest in seeing him become the next meta. Not being salty or anything. I'm happy for everyone else I guess lol

I'mean with you there
  • Lkw wrote: »
    Why is everyone so excited? Do you guys remember mace? Twice

:)

I suppose there is a chance they do something good but this talk of being meta and whatnot don't get hopes too high now

Remember royal guard?

Awww I member!
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Agreed, awesome news!! Hope he is an absolute beast. He is probably the most liked Star Wars char period. He should be one of the best
  • Apoc88 wrote: »
    Anyone else against bounty hunters having synergy? Aren't they supposed to be lone wolves? I can live with it though. But stop asking for the Boba/Jango synergy. They never had any.. Might as well give Luke & Vader synergy then just because they're father & son. Throw Leia in there too then for a triple synergy.

Well, there is a series (now legends) that was on boba fett and the bounty hunter guild. For a time the bounty hunters did work together on many projects but Boba eventually destroyed the guild. As for the Boba/Jango synergy, in the second prequel they make a pretty good team on kamino.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    I applaud CG for making the attempt to get us out of the Rebel meta that we all are wrapped up in for these months. It's about time we get some of the other shards a shot at viability in arena.

Oh wait, Rogue One is coming so they're releasing even more Rebel meta toons?

Nvm. :D
  • About time, for such an iconic character as this.
  • People will be less excited when they see the gear he needs
  • Robhar3187 wrote: »
    People will be less excited when they see the gear he needs

Lol maxed him so no worries here
  • @Chewplebcca there's so much complaining, please let's just have this obviously really good news be good news

Sorry, you might like him, but he is not as good as he should be, being boba. There are all sorts of toons outclassing him in the game now. You might be top 20 in your shard, but he is rubbish compared to others. Ideally he should be leading bounty hunters as a strong new faction.

There is pretty much no use to him. His leader is good but this isn't the use of a toon (abilities/damage). He is rubbish and boring to USE in a battle, and it's only right that changes being boba. Ability block is pretty useful, but he is rubbish and boring apart from his leader. He should be fun to use and as good as everyone else.

I absolutely love boba and it's havoc with him in battlefront but how can I justify gearing him when he sucks so bad and there are 20 others who are 10x more useful. And that is a shame

I don't think you should complain. I don't think you really like him/think he's that good, he's pretty poor really, it seems you more like the fact that no one is using (a byproduct of him sucking). I understand that it would be more fun to use him if no one is. But he sucks dude. And he's really boring to use. I think you won't care when he is sweet to use.

We need him to be good, the more good factions/toons the better, for the health of the game it's good.
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »
    @Chewplebcca there's so much complaining, please let's just have this obviously really good news be good news

Sorry, you might like him, but he is not as good as he should be, being boba. There are all sorts of toons outclassing him in the game now. You might be top 20 in your shard, but he is rubbish compared to others. Ideally he should be leading bounty hunters as a strong new faction.

There is pretty much no use to him. His leader is good but this isn't the use of a toon (abilities/damage). He is rubbish and boring to USE in a battle, and it's only right that changes being boba. Ability block is pretty useful, but he is rubbish and boring apart from his leader. He should be fun to use and as good as everyone else.

I absolutely love boba and it's havoc with him in battlefront but how can I justify gearing him when he sucks so bad and there are 20 others who are 10x more useful. And that is a shame

I don't think you should complain. I don't think you really like him/think he's that good, he's pretty poor really, it seems you more like the fact that no one is using (a byproduct of him sucking). I understand that it would be more fun to use him if no one is. But he sucks dude. And he's really boring to use. I think you won't care when he is sweet to use.

We need him to be good, the more good factions/toons the better, for the health of the game it's good.

Chewplebcca uses in arena lol or he used to not sure what he's rockin right now but his argument was that so many people hop on the hype train now after probably bashing him before rework announcement. I myself have him max for a long time and tell people at g10 with good mods he is usable
  • "And he finally uses his gun!"
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    "And he finally uses his gun!"

Honestly this will make me so happy, plus him turning into an attacker.
  • The0n3 wrote: »
    "And he finally uses his gun!"

Hopefully flamethrower as well lol that'd top it off
  • YAYYYYY My Boba will finally be viable!!! i will in the next couple days have him at gear 11 because he's my favorite (useless) toon!

I will finally be rewarded for using a ton of raid gear on him!!!
  • Bossk_Hogg
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    . I myself have him max for a long time and tell people at g10 with good mods he is usable

Heh that's a lot of crud to wade through for the lofty goal of being "usable". Those same mods and gear on a better toon's chassis would yield better results. This rework was sorely needed for a fan favorite.
  • I wonder if they'll change his gear requirements as well. I guess we'll find out in 2 days.
  • Something I have to say to everyone saying Boba is usable right now:
    Most toons are usable with mods and G11, but put that on like lando instead of boba, and you will get much better results. Of course if you put speed, potency, crit damage he can be good, but so will nearly everyone else. The fact is that where he is right now before mods (which you can use on everyone and change), he is one of the bottom toons in the game. He desperately needs a rework.
  • Ow!!! Boba ignore taunt plus dispel everything!
  • Look under character screen bounty hunter.