Fix Tournament Match ups Please

Prev1
Once again it wouldn't matter how many ally points I saved, no matter how many I use I can't beat any of the teams I face. This is becoming a joke. Between the reward toons that only whales or ppl who've been playing since day 1 w multiple viable teams are gonna be able to have a chance at, and this power difference in match ups these tournaments are nothing but a waste of time. With the credit crunch, constant disappointments, and amount of money I spend to stay remotely competitive I think I may just be better off cutting my losses & finding a new game to play. Either way I'm done wasting my time with this, why bother when if I wanted I can just spend money down the road & get the toon, the only real thing that anyone plays these things for ( I realize there are other rewards but let's be honest, people really want the toons & shards) Way to go EA, another epic disappointment. How hard would it be to have shards based on power averages in Arena vs this current method of level? As if every level 80+ is equal...

Replies

• Once again it wouldn't matter how many ally points I saved, no matter how many I use I can't beat any of the teams I face. This is becoming a joke. Between the reward toons that only whales or ppl who've been playing since day 1 w multiple viable teams are gonna be able to have a chance at, and this power difference in match ups these tournaments are nothing but a waste of time. With the credit crunch, constant disappointments, and amount of money I spend to stay remotely competitive I think I may just be better off cutting my losses & finding a new game to play. Either way I'm done wasting my time with this, why bother when if I wanted I can just spend money down the road & get the toon, the only real thing that anyone plays these things for ( I realize there are other rewards but let's be honest, people really want the toons & shards) Way to go EA, another epic disappointment. How hard would it be to have shards based on power averages in Arena vs this current method of level? As if every level 80+ is equal...

You just need to prioritize your game play better I am strictly f2p and I'm rank 20 atm every team I go against has 5 to 10k power on me with all the exclusive toons like sun fac Rex shore tropper then there is the maxed out wiggs teams, but I'm still competing and I don't plan on going any lower then 25 (unless a bunch more whales have been holding out and just take over)
  • Tourney is still a big load of bull...
    1. Whoever has the most ally points and time wins
    2. There are shards where you need upwards of 15k points to win and others where 6k points is enough...
    3. Unlimited amount of fights

Why not limit amount of fights you can do?
    Why have different shards at all? (Apart from lvl-brackets that is)

• I know what you mean. My best team is just under 38k. In every tournament so far I have been in with players who have teams a lot higher than me, this time the highest I have seen is coming up on 52k.

Obviously I want to avoid a team that far above me but no matter how many times I refresh I still get teams in the mid 40s. So fun times.

At least I have phase 2 of the tank raid to look forward to as my guild will finish phase 1 this weekend. May have phase 2 finished this year.

CG really know how to have a party thats fun for everyone. Normally new content would have me pumped but recent updates have left me expecting ships to be a shipwreck.
  • Once again it wouldn't matter how many ally points I saved, no matter how many I use I can't beat any of the teams I face. This is becoming a joke. Between the reward toons that only whales or ppl who've been playing since day 1 w multiple viable teams are gonna be able to have a chance at, and this power difference in match ups these tournaments are nothing but a waste of time. With the credit crunch, constant disappointments, and amount of money I spend to stay remotely competitive I think I may just be better off cutting my losses & finding a new game to play. Either way I'm done wasting my time with this, why bother when if I wanted I can just spend money down the road & get the toon, the only real thing that anyone plays these things for ( I realize there are other rewards but let's be honest, people really want the toons & shards) Way to go EA, another epic disappointment. How hard would it be to have shards based on power averages in Arena vs this current method of level? As if every level 80+ is equal...

You just need to prioritize your game play better I am strictly f2p and I'm rank 20 atm every team I go against has 5 to 10k power on me with all the exclusive toons like sun fac Rex shore tropper then there is the maxed out wiggs teams, but I'm still competing and I don't plan on going any lower then 25 (unless a bunch more whales have been holding out and just take over)

I'm glad you do so well, you're obviously not in my shard.
  • It's not about ally points and time so much as it's getting a good server. Now you have to guess what time to join to avoid the whales. It would be better if we were kept with people on our arena servers and had a limited number of refreshes
  • , this time the highest I have seen is coming up on 52k.
    52k team in tourney
    wRfXICZ.jpg
  • I'm ranked 1223 and I'm facing squads 6k higher then me. I started exactly when the tourney started and I was ranked 661 and a thousand points behind lead. The tourney is a joke. I'll just use the ally points on bronze packs
  • If everyone is going after the same prizes, everyone should be in the same pool, FTP & guppies all the way up through dolphins & Whales. If you're going to put people in different tiers based on strength, you would need different prizes for different tiers like raids.

• Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    If everyone is going after the same prizes, everyone should be in the same pool, FTP & guppies all the way up through dolphins & Whales. If you're going to put people in different tiers based on strength, you would need different prizes for different tiers like raids.

I would not mind getting lesser rewards, I just want to be able to take part.
  • , this time the highest I have seen is coming up on 52k.
    52k team in tourney
    wRfXICZ.jpg

I'd take that over this any day
    D9rCjUb.jpg

But the best part is, you don't have to battle them ;)
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Just keep mashing that refresh button
  • I don't have a deep enough roster. I have 12 leveled up characters. That's only two full teams. The people doing well in this tournament can cycle through multiple solid teams and maximize their ally point refreshes across five or six groups.
  • I must've gotten lucky with my shard then. Started two hours after the event began and I'm currently top 50 with like 3500 points. My top team is about 33000 in power, and I'm f2p. Racked up like 125k in ally points before the tournament, thanks GW. Guess it just all depends
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    I've seen a 54k power team...
  • I find it amusing that I am seeing two different arguments against the tourney on this thread. One side is saying that they only go up against teams that they can't even beat. The other side is saying that roster depth is meaningless and all that counts is how many ally points someone has. Pretty obvious that they can't both be right, but the fact that both think they are probably means that the devs have picked a pretty good medium ground.

This tourney is explicitly designed to give the advantage to those who are long time players or who have paid a lot of money, you do not have some sort of "right" to a good chance at a top spot any more than the large majority of players in your tournament shard who are ranked below you have a "right" to be able to easily pull ahead of you in the rankings.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @WrathofCaedus

Yep, too bad you probably don't have Palpatine/Vader/RG or Wiggs/Lando/StHan properly modded and geared. This is totally EA's fault.
    Post edited by Winstar on
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I don't have a deep enough roster. I have 12 leveled up characters. That's only two full teams. The people doing well in this tournament can cycle through multiple solid teams and maximize their ally point refreshes across five or six groups.

I'm not even using more than five toons.

I keep refreshing my Palpatine team (5*Palp, 6* Vader + 3 losers) destroying the opposition with little effort.

Mostly because I'm sick of hitting refresh and now attacking in a blind rage and no regard for ally credits.

Thanks!
    I'm going to seek out your team and crush it daily and repeatedly, until it's no longer joyful to do so.
    Best guess when I'll stop? August
  • Tourney is still a big load of bull...
    2. There are shards where you need upwards of 15k points to win and others where 6k points is enough...

I agree 100%, its silly I'm going to end up with 7k points to be top 500 while my friend will hit that to be top 50 on his shard. I loath that he has it all easier over there.
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Do what I am doing. Rather then getting all salty because there are better teams, I am just going to hoard my ally coins until I have a deeper roster of maxed toons.

If you are trying to unlock every new toon in every taunt, I have bad news for you. Its not going to happen, unless you have been playing sence game release.

The ftp players that do well are the players that spend their time working on their time toons rather then rant in forums.

To be honest I could not give a rats backside about new rebels. There are already plenty of Stella rebels that are farmable. Hold out and save your ally coins for when they release Jedi Luke in these PvP taunys
  • I just spent 2500 ally points and earned 12 tournament points in return.
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks!
    I'm going to seek out your team and crush it daily and repeatedly, until it's no longer joyful to do so.

I also will seek out his squad and force crush the salty so and so.

I will also stop in August.....
    August 2020
  • First if they limit the number of fights you do then there would be mass "I can't compete my rosters not deep enough and I don't have the exclusives" complaints so that is simply trading one gripe for another.

I've seen over 52k as well, several up with me are 50/51. Power does not mean great. I saw a 35k team on D that had great synergy that was more of a fight than the 50+k teams I fight.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    @WrathofCaedus

Yep, too bad you probably don't have Palpatine/Vader/RG or Wiggs/Lando/StHan properly modded and geared. This is totally EA's fault.

Oh I have all of the above but thanks to the credit crunch not all leveled and modded
  • Do what I am doing. Rather then getting all salty because there are better teams, I am just going to hoard my ally coins until I have a deeper roster of maxed toons.

If you are trying to unlock every new toon in every taunt, I have bad news for you. Its not going to happen, unless you have been playing sence game release.

The ftp players that do well are the players that spend their time working on their time toons rather then rant in forums.

To be honest I could not give a rats backside about new rebels. There are already plenty of Stella rebels that are farmable. Hold out and save your ally coins for when they release Jedi Luke in these PvP taunys

Honestly I'm not trying to unlock, I just think the system is completely unbalanced the way it is when no matter how many ally points I use I can only rank so high due to power difference in the teams I face.
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    Tourney is still a big load of bull...

I agree 100%, its silly I'm going to end up with 7k points to be top 500 while my friend will hit that to be top 50 on his shard. I loath that he has it all easier over there.

This is not true, I could burn a million ally points and it would not matter since I can't beat any teams I come across
  • CatoNines wrote: »
    Once again it wouldn't matter how many ally points I saved, no matter how many I use I can't beat any of the teams I face. This is becoming a joke. Between the reward toons that only whales or ppl who've been playing since day 1 w multiple viable teams are gonna be able to have a chance at, and this power difference in match ups these tournaments are nothing but a waste of time. With the credit crunch, constant disappointments, and amount of money I spend to stay remotely competitive I think I may just be better off cutting my losses & finding a new game to play. Either way I'm done wasting my time with this, why bother when if I wanted I can just spend money down the road & get the toon, the only real thing that anyone plays these things for ( I realize there are other rewards but let's be honest, people really want the toons & shards) Way to go EA, another epic disappointment. How hard would it be to have shards based on power averages in Arena vs this current method of level? As if every level 80+ is equal...

Thanks!

First, I could care less about my AI defense. Second, have fun as my D is quite good. Third, you can only fight someone once per Tourney. Fourth, I truly hope you get everything you put out in life.
  • CatoNines wrote: »

Thanks!

First, I could care less about my AI defense. Second, have fun as my D is quite good. Third, you can only fight someone once per Tourney. Fourth, I truly hope you get everything you put out in life.

I've faced the same opponent multiple times in this tourney, within the same refresh cycle.
  • I agree with parts of all arguments presented so far. To EA's credit they have made their tournaments basically f2p and by releasing ally points into GW rewards everybody can stockpile these. There will always be those with more so its not essentially an even playing field when you enter the tournament. So the tournament should be fun to play. Unfortunately they have not really got their shard assignment quite right yet. It would be better if if there were a lot more teams close to your ability range to fight. Power itself is not a great indication of the strength of a team but does align with the potential of that team to beat yours. Maybe total power of all characters in a persons roster would be a better way to assign shards. A few tweaks here and there after each tournament and they might get it close to pleasing most players. But in the end as they will know -it is more important to keep players happy than continue to irritate them, but for them they will be more concerned with P2P players than F2P players as they are the ones that pay the bills.
  • Please God do something about the time it takes for these tournaments. People have over 1 Mill credits going into these. Just ramp up the cost to refresh to an insane amount which lets us reach our limit quicker.