The "new meta" for GW

Prev1
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
For me, at least. :)
Can't farm heals, so best way to last is to lock down the other guys as much as possible...
Mm2OBt1.jpg
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• I'm lvl 64. I use daka JC lum geo sold and sid. All free toons. I beat GW everyday and have since before the change.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yeah, that team looks dope
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Mine is Lumni, Daka, Bariss, Obi, and a dps. Might change my dps to another control. Wish I had Dooku for the first time. Maybe I'll 6* Assaj
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I actually usually use Sid rather than Asajj but was trying something different.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    One day they'll fix Assaj lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Obiwan would be a staple for me if I had him. Ability-blocking and offense-downing the whole team, doesn't get much better than that. Only drawback is being a Jedi (Sid and Dooku are common).
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Mine is pretty much the same, I use jc instead of daka, generally sid instead of assaj.
  • @Qeltar
    So I guess that stun team paid off. ;)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Yep, heals and stuns with a bit of damage. Run into tough opponents and keep refreshing the fight until RNG treats you nice.

Sigh. I've only straight up failed GW once due to difficulty since the change, but I've not finished it several times out of lack of interest in continuing grinding at it.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @Qeltar
    So I guess that stun team paid off. ;)

Yes, that was the amusing part.
    But the amusement quickly wore off. As someone said in another discussion, GW is now like a toddler's toy with holes and pegs of various shapes, and you have to keep trying until they all fit. 12 times. It's boring as hell.
    At least with the stun team I can try to challenge myself by getting through all 12 without using anyone else.
    They've ramped up the difficulty of the teams, but haven't ramped up the fun at all. :(
  • Barris 4*, Lumi 7*, JC 7*, Daka 6*, Dooku 5*, lvl 65
    Heals/Stuns/Revives just in case (I never needed them so far)

I blaze through the whole GW with this team, usually I dont even need resets
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Amnor wrote: »
    Barris 4*, Lumi 7*, JC 7*, Daka 6*, Dooku 5*, lvl 65

Yeah that happened to me for a while. The teams will get harder and you will have to start playing with pegs and holes, believe me.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Yeah that happened to me for a while. The teams will get harder and you will have to start playing with pegs and holes, believe me.

I kind of hope so. GW is supposed to be challenging, but so far it was only challenging when I was doing it for the first 3-5 times. Maybe my server is just too weak... So far I encountered only a few Poe/FOTP or other high dmg hero and never more than one in one GW. Those are the only decks I need to reset to ensure Dookus stun
  • I use the same but I have kylo in place of daka and will be replacing assajj soon. She get near nothing from t8 gear and her dispell again has become 60% us resisted.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Enjoy It while it lasts. I started having Gws that mimic the result you'd get by fighting top 3 Arena matches non stop 8 battles.
    Can't farm heals, so best way to last is to lock down the other guys as much as possible...
    Mm2OBt1.jpg

Suppose that is the first fight in GW, still a lucky seed lol.
  • I'm lvl 64. I use daka JC lum geo sold and sid. All free toons. I beat GW everyday and have since before the change.

This is the exact team I use. Sid 6*, Lumi 5*, Daka 4*, JC 4*, Geo 4*. I'm level 56 and once I started using this team, have not lost until today, when I lost Daka on the 9th battle and couldn't beat the 12th.
  • Barriss is actually still amazing for GW <3

I bring in my OTKO team for hard teams and a stall/heal team for easy ones.
  • Haha, that is quite funny.

I think the key for GW is to just simply have a decent reserve. I gather most non whales don't have that and instead just focused on their arena/ A Team and that's the problem for them.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Barris 4*, Lumi 7*, JC 7*, Daka 6*, Dooku 5*, lvl 65

Same here, except I use Rey and FOTP instead of Daka and Dooku.
  • Until we figure out match making, things are very relative to each own matches. With the teams above I'd fail to even pass battle #7

Some teams are like (all 7*): Poe, GS, FOTP, IG-86/88, QGJ. I don't have Poe 7* so he goes first

ANY assist will ballpark 9k to 12k and they have 2 assists. And he (Poe) goes first. FOTP can do 10k with special, or 8k to 16k with 3x crit. Add in Ezpose now. Ig-88 can land 7k per char on top of Expose for 12k.

By the time you get a turn 2-4 chars are dead and many 1 is > 50% HP.

Thise teams can vary in composition, adding Poggle, Leia, RP...Phasma. Also, in between fight a high power team with Kylo and Sid appears. Featuring FOTP, Geo and QGJ for example. Even if you stun the 3 glass canins, you end up with 3 immunities and (if luckly) 2 chars with 25% HP. Next turn you have Poe with 4 glass cannons or 3 and poogle.
  • I find it funny all the people saying that they use the "same team" as the OP except all of the stunners. The point of his post is the stuns which come from Daka, Dooku and Assaj, so everyone saying I use the same team except for those three key parts kind of misses the point :) Basically yes you are going heals (lumi/Barris, but if you arn't going for the stuns you are not really the same team :)
    Mm2OBt1.jpg

Interesting. Since update, I've run almost the exact same roster for GW. Except that I usually use Talia instead of Dooku for some extra healing + turn meter boost.
    They've ramped up the difficulty of the teams, but haven't ramped up the fun at all. :(

I rarely ever wanted to do the war before all of this, since it was such poor entertainment. Now that I have a rank six Luminara, I can't really see myself playing it at all, despite wanting to rank up her and Phasma. It's just a dull slog through battles you don't feel are exactly challenging so much as forcing you to have to stop and take the time to reconfigure your team, like you said. Tactics are nice, but I'd rather just use the one or two team setups I usually use and enjoy the actual combat. I know they said it's supposed to be a challenge, but that's not what I get from it at all. It's just a pain in the ****.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just to be clear, I cannot always use that team, and I do have to sub guys in and out and occasionally even put in a completely different team so that my main team doesn't start a later fight half-dead. This is most often needed when facing an opponent that is all offense.
    One thing you never want to do in GW now is end a fight will all of your healers on cooldown. There isn't a practical way to catch up again unless you get a really lucky team.
    My sorta-B team is Phasma, Fives, GS, Kylo and JC. I use it on offense/AoE teams to lay down the pain and get extra attacks. I sometimes have to use it on Phasma teams that just keep getting zillions of assists. But it's usually only good for one round, then they are all so hurt they are only useful for suiciding after that. I try to always win at least the first 6 fights A team only.
    On my A team I often sub Asajj out for Sid, depending on things. If I need to kill stuff fast, Asajj has to sit out. :(
    And yes, that was my first fight and was easy because I got lucky with the stuns. It was not awful, but was level 60, pretty high draw for the first fight.
  • The new meta is "lol my Poe went first I win". Speed kills.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    moongod wrote: »
    The new meta is "lol my Poe went first I win". Speed kills.

Not in GW. Taunters are usually "disposable" and really only of use in suicide squads.
    GW is not about speed, it is about endurance.
  • Like a good bout of galactic lovemaking.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    moongod wrote: »
    The new meta is "lol my Poe went first I win". Speed kills.

But in arena, I hate to admit it, but yeah.