The Ultimate PvP Squad Explained In Detail

13Next

Replies

• mamba
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    After spending an embarrassing amount of money on chrono cards because I am a rere, SWGOH provided me with a large assortment of characters to choose from. But as we all know you can't gear and level them all unless your rich. So, I had to pick 5 characters from what I had to work with to take to the dance.

I consider myself an experienced gamer and my wife has played since September so I learned from her mistakes and success. It's designed a lot like a droid team but without the squishyness. If that's even a word. I hope to inspire others to create new awesome synergies of characters to push the limits of the game design. Please feel free to share your opinion, critique, offer suggestions or share your own designed team!

Boba Fett
    Boba has two purposes. His AOE ability block at level five almost always lands on a clean hit. This is money against heavy healer teams which is 90% of current builds. Number two is his leadership skill which at level five grants 35% Critical Damage. Once I get to Lando you will fully understand why Boba is leader. Once in epic tier gear Boba does decent damage, is durable and once maxed his rez ability pops at critical times.

Sidious
    A solid character but his main use to me is his AOE and Healing immunity ability. The AOE+DOT while not game breaking is solid damage. His healing immunity if timed correctly in the later stages of the match can insure a kill. Extremely high crit rate.

Luminara
    I love her. Super easy to farm shards. In epic tier she has great durability, ridiculously good damage, a decent party heal & to top it all off she has a chance to land ability block. That's money. Her special ability as of tonight with Boba as lead was reliably critting 3600+. I have Barris unlocked but her damage is so pathetic it doesnt utilize this squads synergy which is big crits. She will be replaced with Darth Vader soon as this team has no need for a healer and Vader would synergize much better.

Princess Leah
    I'll admit getting her was pure luck of the cards and a phenomenal advantage. Was my first chrono unlock at a whopping 2*. Luckily it blessed me several more times with her shards enough that she is a 4*. This character is the heartbeat of the whole synergy. Buffs entire team up to 25% critical hit. Yes you read that correctly. Has stealth, multiple attack, highest base critical hit of all my characters. When her buffs pop and coupled with Boba's 35% critical damage trait things go boom.

Lando

I saved the best for last. My secret weapon. He was the game changer and I built my entire squad around him. Double Down is what the developers call his AOE. In my squad It's called Good Game Sucka. He was an early unlock for me and I almost didnt even level him up my wife said he was weak. And in a typical team he is. But let's see how the buffs and synergy of this team take a mediocre character and convert him to a nuclear bomb.
    Double Down starts off as a decent AOE in itself. Lando has an ability that buffs his crit by 12%. Couple that with Leah's possible 25% critical buff + Lando's base crit from stats and gear he crits way more than he doesn't. Which works perfect because if he crits two of my five opponents and he always does his AOE is instantly reset and gains....80%.......damage......increase. This is not a joke. Yes, it resets every round in this team. Now not only is it an 80% damage increase it's insanely magnified by Boba's 35% critical damage buff. To put it in perspective I can lay so much AOE damage in three waves by the end of the second turn there is nothing left but Barriss and maybe a tank with a smidgit of health if no stuns or ability blocks landed on Lando. My highest crit with Lando has been 3876....in an AOE. And it leaves plenty of room for ability blocks and stuns from my opponents attacks as all it does is delay the inevitable. There is a hard counter to this team using a different synergy of characters as there should be.

So that is the team synergy I designed and I hope it shows everyone that it's not all about stacking a misfit team of 3 dps and two healers. There are tons of variations of synergies between characters and hopefully I helped to show that the developers designed this game around that aspect. That weak character that you left at level one because you thought they were weak can become a wrecking ball with the right teammates. Good luck!!!!

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

All with gear level 6 except Lumi who is at 7

Tried a bunch of times in arena and this team is getting hammered. At least 1 or 2 are being blown away before lando can get his second aoe off, the team feels really slow. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    You need either a 2nd healer or Poe in place of Boba to keep your big 3 alive. I feel like Poes expose/taunt would be perfect with that comp.
  • Options
    mamba wrote: »
    After spending an embarrassing amount of money on chrono cards because I am a rere, SWGOH provided me with a large assortment of characters to choose from. But as we all know you can't gear and level them all unless your rich. So, I had to pick 5 characters from what I had to work with to take to the dance.

I consider myself an experienced gamer and my wife has played since September so I learned from her mistakes and success. It's designed a lot like a droid team but without the squishyness. If that's even a word. I hope to inspire others to create new awesome synergies of characters to push the limits of the game design. Please feel free to share your opinion, critique, offer suggestions or share your own designed team!

Boba Fett
    Boba has two purposes. His AOE ability block at level five almost always lands on a clean hit. This is money against heavy healer teams which is 90% of current builds. Number two is his leadership skill which at level five grants 35% Critical Damage. Once I get to Lando you will fully understand why Boba is leader. Once in epic tier gear Boba does decent damage, is durable and once maxed his rez ability pops at critical times.

Sidious
    A solid character but his main use to me is his AOE and Healing immunity ability. The AOE+DOT while not game breaking is solid damage. His healing immunity if timed correctly in the later stages of the match can insure a kill. Extremely high crit rate.

Luminara
    I love her. Super easy to farm shards. In epic tier she has great durability, ridiculously good damage, a decent party heal & to top it all off she has a chance to land ability block. That's money. Her special ability as of tonight with Boba as lead was reliably critting 3600+. I have Barris unlocked but her damage is so pathetic it doesnt utilize this squads synergy which is big crits. She will be replaced with Darth Vader soon as this team has no need for a healer and Vader would synergize much better.

Princess Leah
    I'll admit getting her was pure luck of the cards and a phenomenal advantage. Was my first chrono unlock at a whopping 2*. Luckily it blessed me several more times with her shards enough that she is a 4*. This character is the heartbeat of the whole synergy. Buffs entire team up to 25% critical hit. Yes you read that correctly. Has stealth, multiple attack, highest base critical hit of all my characters. When her buffs pop and coupled with Boba's 35% critical damage trait things go boom.

Lando

I saved the best for last. My secret weapon. He was the game changer and I built my entire squad around him. Double Down is what the developers call his AOE. In my squad It's called Good Game Sucka. He was an early unlock for me and I almost didnt even level him up my wife said he was weak. And in a typical team he is. But let's see how the buffs and synergy of this team take a mediocre character and convert him to a nuclear bomb.
    Double Down starts off as a decent AOE in itself. Lando has an ability that buffs his crit by 12%. Couple that with Leah's possible 25% critical buff + Lando's base crit from stats and gear he crits way more than he doesn't. Which works perfect because if he crits two of my five opponents and he always does his AOE is instantly reset and gains....80%.......damage......increase. This is not a joke. Yes, it resets every round in this team. Now not only is it an 80% damage increase it's insanely magnified by Boba's 35% critical damage buff. To put it in perspective I can lay so much AOE damage in three waves by the end of the second turn there is nothing left but Barriss and maybe a tank with a smidgit of health if no stuns or ability blocks landed on Lando. My highest crit with Lando has been 3876....in an AOE. And it leaves plenty of room for ability blocks and stuns from my opponents attacks as all it does is delay the inevitable. There is a hard counter to this team using a different synergy of characters as there should be.

So that is the team synergy I designed and I hope it shows everyone that it's not all about stacking a misfit team of 3 dps and two healers. There are tons of variations of synergies between characters and hopefully I helped to show that the developers designed this game around that aspect. That weak character that you left at level one because you thought they were weak can become a wrecking ball with the right teammates. Good luck!!!!

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

Tried a bunch of times in arena and this team is getting hammered. At least 1 or 2 are being blown away before lando can get his second aoe off, the team feels really slow. Am I doing something wrong?

How high are their skills?
  • Options
    Key skills are as high as I can get them right now
  • Options

Boba Fett

Sidious

Luminara

Princess Leah

Lando

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

Yes. You're blindly following advice from this forum.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I tried on Phasma and I do like her ally leadership bonuses. For the first time I see, an AOE followed by an ally attack that can finish off Sid pretty quickly. She's maybe the next trend.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »

Boba Fett

Sidious

Luminara

Princess Leah

Lando

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

Thanks for that helpful piece of advice .... Anyone actually have any real advice?
  • Options

Boba Fett

Sidious

Luminara

Princess Leah

Lando

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

Thanks for that helpful piece of advice .... Anyone actually have any real advice?

Right now Princess is weighing your team down. Replace her with Kylo or Vader. Preferably Vader as he synergizes well with Sid. Boba really doesn't shine till you hit 6* and max his gear. At that point he is hitting the hardest of any tank in the game and hes extremely durable. I have princess at 6* and there are to many hard single target hitters now at level 60 so every team member has to have some limited form of durability...she has none lol. So I ended up dropping Princess in favor of Vader, replacing Luminara with 7* IG88 (wouldnt use him in arena until he is at least 6 *)and so far I am holding in the top 10 except when occasional data corrupters snd drop my rank. The ultimate team I have learned is a constant ever changing question and answer. Thats why I started the what is your pvp squad thread so we can share combinations and experiences to help us all.
  • Options
    Cool thanks for the thoughts! Curious what your lando is and when you believe he truly becomes a beast?
  • Options
    Theres so many awesomely fun "ultimate teams" i started with a droid squad due to the $5 droid special. I was using my ig 88 as main early on but then i discovered lobot. If you want super fast anti jedi and sith droids, go with Lobot.
    My droid squad: Lobot (lead), ig88, hk, ig86, magmaguard

My arena stun squad: Phasma (lead), Dooku, Daka, Kylo, HK ...ive reached #1 8 times. Before kylo, i was using ventress. Still same result.

First order squad looks to be super op, but obtaining these shards are very very hard.
  • Options

Boba Fett

Sidious

Luminara

Princess Leah

Lando

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

Right now Princess is weighing your team down. Replace her with Kylo or Vader. Preferably Vader as he synergizes well with Sid. Boba really doesn't shine till you hit 6* and max his gear. At that point he is hitting the hardest of any tank in the game and hes extremely durable. I have princess at 6* and there are to many hard single target hitters now at level 60 so every team member has to have some limited form of durability...she has none lol. So I ended up dropping Princess in favor of Vader, replacing Luminara with 7* IG88 (wouldnt use him in arena until he is at least 6 *)and so far I am holding in the top 10 except when occasional data corrupters snd drop my rank. The ultimate team I have learned is a constant ever changing question and answer. Thats why I started the what is your pvp squad thread so we can share combinations and experiences to help us all.

So your team still has enough survivability without lumi's heal? I like IG 88 just unsure of taking that heal out of my squad.
  • Options
    Cool thanks for the thoughts! Curious what your lando is and when you believe he truly becomes a beast?

I got him at 6 stars as of this morning. Lando is highly dependent on an AOE heavy team. His turn meter is quite slow he is usually the last to attack. Where he becomes money is the fact that his AOE is on an instant reset with 80% damage increase. So it goes something like this for my AOE squad written in the order they attack...

IG88- AOE damage + chance of ability block
    Sidious -AOE damage + Dots
    Vader- AOE damage + Dots
    Boba- AOE damage +chance of Ability Block
    Lando- AOE damage + chance of instant reset 80% danage boost

Now there are many variables. I may get ability blocked or stunned in the first round. My ability blocks may fail. Lando may not crit 2/5 (rare). But even then enough AOEs got through to cripple the other team. Landos reset with Sids leadership ability has always been money. While all my other aoer's are on 3 and 4 turn cooldowns Pimp Lando is not only off reset he is taking people out with that nuclear assault. GG. Does it beat all team comps? No sir. But 98% of the time it's money.

And lots of times IG88 lands his ability block and I can just roll the other team as by the time IG88's ability block is expired here comes Boba with his abilitly block. Then of course next comes Lando you get the picture. There are tons of synergies in the game. This is just one.

• Options
    WhipIT, that team is scary. Thank the ghoals that you are nit in my server (Jedi team kids and a few creartve nightmakeres that are still finding out a few corner case weaknesses)
  • Options
    moddom wrote: »

Boba Fett

Sidious

Luminara

Princess Leah

Lando

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

So your team still has enough survivability without lumi's heal? I like IG 88 just unsure of taking that heal out of my squad.

The strategy with a full AOE team is rolling the dice in that hard barrage of AOEs in the first 2 rounds. You dont see it often as people are afraid to let go of there healers. But I found through trial and error that healers aside from Barriss just cant deal with a 5 AOE barrage. They may be able to heal the damage of one AOE attack but not 5. And if Lady luck is on your side they stay ability blocked where they cant heal at all. And no one ever really speaks of how devestating Vader and Sids dots are because you dont really notice it unless your in a full AOE team. From that vantage point you watch what bars of health they have left after the first turn barrage and those dots just melt it away. Thats where Lando synergizes so well is because he can clean up whats left if the aoe and dots with his huge aoe. Ive seen the caped wonder drop 4 toons at one time in the second turn lol. He is a pimp.
  • Options
    **** lando at 6*! I literally just got him to 5 and it took a lot of packs to get him there ... Lol at least I got kylo in the same pack that finally got lando to 5!
  • Options
    **** lando at 6*! I literally just got him to 5 and it took a lot of packs to get him there ... Lol at least I got kylo in the same pack that finally got lando to 5!

Yah bro I feel you lol. Lots of packs haha. But this release in the level cap coming soon will change everything. Lando may be worthless then and they may nerf aoes lol. Who knows. But we will adapt.
  • Options

Boba Fett

Sidious

Luminara

Princess Leah

Lando

So I built this team.
    Boba 4* level 49
    Sidious 6* level 51
    Leia 5* level 50
    Lando 4* level 50
    Lumi 6* level 53

The strategy with a full AOE team is rolling the dice in that hard barrage of AOEs in the first 2 rounds. You dont see it often as people are afraid to let go of there healers. But I found through trial and error that healers aside from Barriss just cant deal with a 5 AOE barrage. They may be able to heal the damage of one AOE attack but not 5. And if Lady luck is on your side they stay ability blocked where they cant heal at all. And no one ever really speaks of how devestating Vader and Sids dots are because you dont really notice it unless your in a full AOE team. From that vantage point you watch what bars of health they have left after the first turn barrage and those dots just melt it away. Thats where Lando synergizes so well is because he can clean up whats left if the aoe and dots with his huge aoe. Ive seen the caped wonder drop 4 toons at one time in the second turn lol. He is a pimp.

Yeah I currently have the same team except i have kylo in place of lando since packs haven't been kind enough to give lando. Im definietly a fan of aoe teams.
  • Options
    When's the next release?
  • Options
    @WhipiT got lucky today from packs and got a 4* lando.

Current team is

5* sid
    5* boba
    5* lumi
    4* vader
    4* kylo

top three are soon to be 6, however im wondering if a 4* lando is worth taking the place of a 6* lumi so I have a full team of aoe synergies?
  • Options
    @WhipiT got lucky today from packs and got a 4* lando.

Current team is

5* sid
    5* boba
    5* lumi
    4* vader
    4* kylo

top three are soon to be 6, however im wondering if a 4* lando is worth taking the place of a 6* lumi so I have a full team of aoe synergies?

Keep lumi for the time being and stick upgraded lando in her place later.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.