Star Up Poe or Daka?

This is for cantina shipments, of course. I feel like the obvious choice is Poe, but with all the complainers I've seen on this forum I'm afraid he'll be nerfed and I would've wasted my time with him.

I recently unlocked Daka, and she's been incredible so far. With her help with stuns, heals, and lucky revives, I was finally able to get through the Dark Side Battles Tier 5. She also been a great help for GW (for running 3 healer squad). But does she have any use for arena? The teams I come across never seem to have her (I'm in the top 50 most of the time).

If it makes a difference, my current arena team is:
6* Sid (Gear VII)
6* Lumi (Gear VII)
5* GS (Gear VII)
4* JC (Gear VIII)
4* Poe (Gear VI)

I have Daka 4* and Gear VII already (very easy to gear her).

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I am 5 shards short of having Poe at 5*s. I plan to stop there for now. With Poe it's all about the gear, not the stars. I will either unlock daka or maybe just save cantina credits for the time being.
  • Options
    With Poe it's absolutely about the stars along with the gear. He gains ~2k hp each star. The more HP he gains the greater the chance he can absorb more hits rather than die and let your glass cannons get wiped.

The reason so many people found Poe underwhelming initially is because they did not star him up. Once he hit 5* his HP allows him to take 2+ shots. At 6* he can sometimes survive to the second round. The longer Poe survives with his taunt active the easier every match gets.

I would continue to invest in Poe over Daka. If they do balance Poe I don't think it will be so drastic that he loses his value in arena. More than likely it'll just be removing or reducing his turn meter AOE affect or reducing his speed to drop him to second tier speed on the first round. He'll still be far and away the best at protecting glass cannons.
  • Options
    In my opinion as long as Poe can last a round and a half and you can take out their big hitter or two, the battle is already won. I'm leaving my Poe at 5* until the time being
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    dkredsox wrote: »
    This is for cantina shipments, of course. I feel like the obvious choice is Poe, but with all the complainers I've seen on this forum I'm afraid he'll be nerfed and I would've wasted my time with him.

I recently unlocked Daka, and she's been incredible so far. With her help with stuns, heals, and lucky revives, I was finally able to get through the Dark Side Battles Tier 5. She also been a great help for GW (for running 3 healer squad). But does she have any use for arena? The teams I come across never seem to have her (I'm in the top 50 most of the time).

If it makes a difference, my current arena team is:
    6* Sid (Gear VII)
    6* Lumi (Gear VII)
    5* GS (Gear VII)
    4* JC (Gear VIII)
    4* Poe (Gear VI)

I have Daka 4* and Gear VII already (very easy to gear her).

Some will say she is not arena worthy but I used her for a long time and with the right luck she will help you destroy a superior team. Even a Poe team.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    With Poe it's absolutely about the stars along with the gear. He gains ~2k hp each star. The more HP he gains the greater the chance he can absorb more hits rather than die and let your glass cannons get wiped.

The reason so many people found Poe underwhelming initially is because they did not star him up. Once he hit 5* his HP allows him to take 2+ shots. At 6* he can sometimes survive to the second round. The longer Poe survives with his taunt active the easier every match gets.

I would continue to invest in Poe over Daka. If they do balance Poe I don't think it will be so drastic that he loses his value in arena. More than likely it'll just be removing or reducing his turn meter AOE affect or reducing his speed to drop him to second tier speed on the first round. He'll still be far and away the best at protecting glass cannons.

I'm not saying stars are not important, but honestly 2k hp is like half of a hit from most chars in the arena top ten. His high level gear adds tons of speed and potency/tenacity which is what makes him special.