The new meta will be under starred toons

Will be under-starred toons. You will see four star shore trooper, 5 star baze and 3 star chirrut on one team in arena soon.....e.g.

Replies

• Will be under-starred toons. You will see four star shore trooper, 5 star baze and 3 star chirrut on one team in arena soon.....e.g.

Sounds about right lol
  • It hurts my ocd... but yes, you're probably right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Only for those of us without disposable income.
  • It will be true until they release new toons who will replace them
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Is this a bad thing?

The "only useful until 7*" is more frustrating.

At least with the tourney's etc someone can get a somewhat useful toon vs a shelf warmer waiting for farmable locations.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This will be the new whale tag. It used to be rex and sun fac. Now it will be 7* toons... (chromium exclusive)
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Will be under-starred toons. You will see four star shore trooper, 5 star baze and 3 star chirrut on one team in arena soon.....e.g.

Like Twin said, is that a bad thing? I have a bunch of toons right now whom I'd love to use but I can't, because they're not useful until I get them to 7*. Having characters whom I can use immediately upon unlocking them and they are actually viable is a good thing in my opinion. I wish there were more of them out there (or that there were modes in the game for characters under 7*.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gear has always been more important then stars, but we had other options that made putting a under 6* toon in was just a bad idea.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    This will be the new whale tag. It used to be rex and sun fac. Now it will be 7* toons... (chromium exclusive)

This was ALWAYS the whale tag.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Lol, I've always thought the 7th star was a waste of credits
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    This will further highlight the necessity of having the best mods, star levels matter less and less
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Lol, I've always thought the 7th star was a waste of credits

Except for those heroic raid requirements yeah
  • I agree with Scuba. A character under 7 stars is not that useful. Sure you can enter it into the arena or the GW but raids are a very important part of the game and making it so that only 1 player per shard even gets a 7 star character is a ridiculously stingy act by CG.
  • I think we can all agree speed is the de facto most important stat well guess what gear can increase speed mods can increase speed you need levels to equip gear all starring does is give a small increase to damage health and defense starring doesn't help speed so it's not useless but lack of starring can be fixed with mods, mods made starring almost useless
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    I think we can all agree speed is the de facto most important stat well guess what gear can increase speed mods can increase speed you need levels to equip gear all starring does is give a small increase to damage health and defense starring doesn't help speed so it's not useless but lack of starring can be fixed with mods, mods made starring almost useless

Yup
  • Yeah this is a good thing iN my opinion
  • Dagobond wrote: »
    I agree with Scuba. A character under 7 stars is not that useful. Sure you can enter it into the arena or the GW but raids are a very important part of the game and making it so that only 1 player per shard even gets a 7 star character is a ridiculously stingy act by CG.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure a 4 star shoretrooper is extremely useful at max gear.
  • I've been seeing a 4* shore troopers in the top 10 since his release. Yes you are right OP. Don't forget though...people can just buy their gear now instead of doing the hedious and tedious ATT raid which means those 4* toons will be in G11 as well.

A 4* shore trooper with 50k protection makes a lot of freaking sense.

The devs are out for money only, which we all already knew. That's why they haven't scaled down the ATT raid yet. They waiting to until they milk as much money from people that they can buy enticing people to buy the gear instead.

• Aniema wrote: »
    I've been seeing a 4* shore troopers in the top 10 since his release. Yes you are right OP. Don't forget though...people can just buy their gear now instead of doing the hedious and tedious ATT raid which means those 4* toons will be in G11 as well.

A 4* shore trooper with 50k protection makes a lot of freaking sense.

The devs are out for money only, which we all already knew. That's why they haven't scaled down the ATT raid yet. They waiting to until they milk as much money from people that they can buy enticing people to buy the gear instead.

That's what I run lol
  • Baze and Shore were designed to be P2P arena toons from the start. People are most willing to spend deep to beat other people.
  • The solution to the OP duo Wiggs? Release characters even more OP and stick em behind a paywall.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    tRRRey wrote: »
    This will further highlight the necessity of having the best mods, star levels matter less and less

Stars don't matter anymore..levels however are needed to equip gear.

Gear>mods>level>stars

Edit. Never mind I see what you did there. Yes you are right "star levels" matter less and or becoming unimportant.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Skammadix wrote: »
    Dagobond wrote: »
    I agree with Scuba. A character under 7 stars is not that useful. Sure you can enter it into the arena or the GW but raids are a very important part of the game and making it so that only 1 player per shard even gets a 7 star character is a ridiculously stingy act by CG.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure a 4 star shoretrooper is extremely useful at max gear.

My comment was in response to 7th * being just a waste of credits which it may seem like that if the only thing you care about is arena an GW. There are many other parts of this game that require 7* characters.

I do agree ST at 4* is useful in parts of the game but it is useless in others.
    The major progress block right now is tank raids which require 6* or 7* characters.
    Not that arena and GW aren't important but most were "winning" there before tournaments came along.
  • Stars were never as important as people made them seem to be. I've always inserted my next new arena character in whenever I got them to five stars and there was a small difference between them at five stars and them at seven stars but it wasn't huge. The only thing was that you needed to be prepared to drop far overnight because people would see the five stars and target you