Help needed: Which hero will be the most suitable and why?

Hi Folks,

I am mostly F2P and currently running arena team that consists of:
- 7* Sidious
- 7* Luminara
- 4* Poe
- 4* Dooku
- 4* Vader

Despite somehow imbalanced, I have no issue since Dooku and Poe are long-term projects and will catch up in time. However the same does not apply to Vader since his shards are limited by achievements. As much as I love him, I think it is time to get him replaced but the problem is I'm not sure which hero that will do. Basically I'm looking for farmable char with decent combo of DPS and health like Ren but I'm not that keen on him, yet.

After gathering some info here are the alternatives:
- Kylo Ren
- Asajj Ventress
- Savage Oppress
- Luke
- IG-88
- IG-86
- Resistance Pilot
- Poggle
- Phasma (?)

(I'm not including heroes from cantina shipment since I'm focusing on Poe)

Do you think which char should I commit and why? If there's other alternative I'm very much open to anything. Any opinion will be much appreciated, especially those offering insight regarding synergy with rest of the team :)

Thanks!

Replies

• Have you ever thought about GS? He should do nice with Poogle. Btw I use him, Sid and Ventress. All very nice, though Ventress is slow as hell
  • Phasma is pretty good. She has good health, does OK damage and has turn meter manipulation for both sides. GS is good, too and you can farm both concurrently.
  • garublador wrote: »
    Phasma is pretty good. She has good health, does OK damage and has turn meter manipulation for both sides. GS is good, too and you can farm both concurrently.

Totally AGREE. I have Phasma and she is #1 leader in my book. She's so perfect.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    garublador wrote: »
    Phasma is pretty good. She has good health, does OK damage and has turn meter manipulation for both sides. GS is good, too and you can farm both concurrently.

Totally AGREE. I have Phasma and she is #1 leader in my book. She's so perfect.

I understand she's cool esp. the armor penetration buff but her speed meter manipulation almost does nothing to me whenever I fight her. Not sure as well about the assist call since its only around 16% for rest of my team. Dont think its enough as a game changer but hey dont call me phasma hater since I just simply hv no experience with her.

Maybe u guys can share what makes you love her the most and how it applies in battle against team with certain synergy?

As for GS he is getting high as my choice along with IG -88 and resistance pilot. Still looking for input from others first
  • Irics wrote: »
    I understand she's cool esp. the armor penetration buff but her speed meter manipulation almost does nothing to me whenever I fight her. Not sure as well about the assist call since its only around 16% for rest of my team. Dont think its enough as a game changer but hey dont call me phasma hater since I just simply hv no experience with her.
    The AI is bad at using it. If your turn meters are mostly full then Victory March isn't nearly as good. If most of your turn meters are in the middle or so then it will make a gigantic difference. You can get a couple of attacks in ahead of an enemy sometimes.

The AOE skill is best when their turn meters are mostly low. It's also nice for getting around a taunt when one of their guys is low on health.

If you manage to slow them at low turn meter and then Victory march right after that it's almost a free win. Granted, it won't happen that way all the time, but there are a lot of battles I've turned around using those two skills at the right time.
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    As for Phasma being slow... Phasma has 121 speed at level 65 maxed gear. This is important, because Poe will reduce the enemy teams turn meter such that Phasma will hit 100% on turn 2. This allows Phasma to actually move first in a tie breaker ahead of the enemy team (who all had their turn meters set back by Poe). This creates a two turn situation, where your whole team moves, then Phasma does her turn meter thing, and then your whole team tie breaks with the set-back enemy team, allowing for your fastest characters to get in two turns before the enemy ever acts.

As for synergy in your team... Mostly you have focused on the abilities/power of single units. Besides the Vador + Sidious combo, you really do not have any synergy. I would suggest that if you like your Vador + Sidious combo, that you look to increase your AOE capability. For starters, I would suggest Kylo from Canteena nodes, and Poggle from GW shipments. Kylo will bring more AOE capabilities to your team, where Sidious is already providing increased crit chance and crit damage, And Vador is there for AoE DoT then single target kill. Kylo will bring the AOE and the single target kill capabilities. Poggle will increase offense, allowing all those AOEs and single attacks to hit much harder. Poggle also has an ability block that can be favorable when it hits a key enemy. After completing Kylo, you can switch to farming Geo Soldier to tap into the Poggle synergy and to give you more single target burst capabilities, but for now, just continue with Poe.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • garublador wrote: »
    Irics wrote: »
    The AI is bad at using it. If your turn meters are mostly full then Victory March isn't nearly as good. If most of your turn meters are in the middle or so then it will make a gigantic difference. You can get a couple of attacks in ahead of an enemy sometimes.

The AOE skill is best when their turn meters are mostly low. It's also nice for getting around a taunt when one of their guys is low on health.

If you manage to slow them at low turn meter and then Victory march right after that it's almost a free win. Granted, it won't happen that way all the time, but there are a lot of battles I've turned around using those two skills at the right time.
    Pilot wrote: »
    As for Phasma being slow... Phasma has 121 speed at level 65 maxed gear. This is important, because Poe will reduce the enemy teams turn meter such that Phasma will hit 100% on turn 2. This allows Phasma to actually move first in a tie breaker ahead of the enemy team (who all had their turn meters set back by Poe). This creates a two turn situation, where your whole team moves, then Phasma does her turn meter thing, and then your whole team tie breaks with the set-back enemy team, allowing for your fastest characters to get in two turns before the enemy ever acts.

As for synergy in your team... Mostly you have focused on the abilities/power of single units. Besides the Vador + Sidious combo, you really do not have any synergy. I would suggest that if you like your Vador + Sidious combo, that you look to increase your AOE capability. For starters, I would suggest Kylo from Canteena nodes, and Poggle from GW shipments. Kylo will bring more AOE capabilities to your team, where Sidious is already providing increased crit chance and crit damage, And Vador is there for AoE DoT then single target kill. Kylo will bring the AOE and the single target kill capabilities. Poggle will increase offense, allowing all those AOEs and single attacks to hit much harder. Poggle also has an ability block that can be favorable when it hits a key enemy. After completing Kylo, you can switch to farming Geo Soldier to tap into the Poggle synergy and to give you more single target burst capabilities, but for now, just continue with Poe.

Very interesting takes guys! Wow 2 turns (barring tie-breaker) before the enemy's is really something worth considering. Do u have both Poe and Phasma yourself and can confirm this, or is this something u figure out theoretically? I personally rarely see any Phasma + Poe combination so I'm really wondering if this is the case.

As of Vader, yes he is the only one offering synergy on my team. However lately he cannot deliver that culling blade killing blow since somehow enemies get rid that DoTs before it's his turn again and that simply makes him a liability. Most chars bring much more to the table if thats the case, even Kylo. My only doubt with Kylo is his low DPS (according to swgohcantina) and it can only be maxed when below 50%. I usually leave him last/second last in arena battle and he brings no risk exposure to me. Any input from Kylo users?

Between GS and Poggle which one is preferrable to be synergized with rest of the team? GS hive tactics is great but Poggle crit buff is also something else

Still looking for input from IG-88 and resistance pilot users out there :)