Hk-47 or IG-88 first?

Prev1
Thinking of trying out a droid/geo squad and unsure who I should chip away at first in the squad arena shipments. I already have poggle 6* and just picked up IG-86 and was thinking about adding geo soldier and one of those two droids next. Any tips are welcomed. Thanks guys!

Replies

• I'd say go with HK, since he's going to be the leader of your squad eventually.
  • When I started my droid army I stuck with HK then sharded up 88. It worked. HK is a good one to stick to first, his leadership skill in invaluable.
  • I bought the Droid pack and I'm going for hk.
  • Poggle as a droid team leader does not work?
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    Poggle as a droid team leader does not work?

That's what I'm wondering.
  • I don't have poggle yet, lol. The droid team is all amount high damage crits, its their speed which is the downfall.
    I wouldn't say it wouldn't work, poggld's buff skill would help immensely. Follow your own path dude, it'll be more rewarding.
    What's his leadership skill like when improved?
  • Poggle as leader works, yes, but HK as leader is better. You end up with a much higher damage output.
  • I'd get IG-88 started first since he can sit in on non-droid teams while you eventually level up HK-47. Doing the opposite leaves HK kind of sidelined until IG-88 comes along. Sound logical??
  • I'd get IG-88 started first since he can sit in on non-droid teams while you eventually level up HK-47. Doing the opposite leaves HK kind of sidelined until IG-88 comes along. Sound logical??

Well I have all the Droids from the pack at 4* and have a primary team of 6/5* toons. Wondering who to start for my secondary team.
  • IG-88 you can also use him in AOE teamcomps, HK does not have the damage to be useful on his own imo.
  • Get IG HK is not worth it, I have him at 7* and already dropped it.
  • IG-88 you can also use him in AOE teamcomps, HK does not have the damage to be useful on his own imo.

Well I'm building a Droid team with poggle. And In my leader boards there Is a couple people running hk. If I don't go for him as lead I guess poggle will do since he gives offence up to Droids and goesions.

Well I'm building a Droid team with poggle. And In my leader boards there Is a couple people running hk. If I don't go for him as lead I guess poggle will do since he gives offence up to Droids and goesions.

Does flat 25% damage boost stack with Poggle's buff as well? If so that is 75% damage boost.
  • Heronmar wrote: »
    IG-88 you can also use him in AOE teamcomps, HK does not have the damage to be useful on his own imo.

Does flat 25% damage boost stack with Poggle's buff as well? If so that is 75% damage boost.

Idk. I hope so.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    CptKloss wrote: »
    Poggle as a droid team leader does not work?

He's not even close to HK47. 30% turn meter per crit is an awesome skill
  • there is a guy on my server who runs Poe/poggle/88/86/hk47 and it's a beating. Poe exposes and slows down the other team and tanks while the droids melt face. The deceptive thing is his squad is about 2k weaker in power level because they aren't fully geared but the buff synergy is far superior. I expected any easy rank up but got my worst loss ever in arena from that comp. now I steer clear lol.
  • 88 is of course one of the most powerful AOE-ers in the game, but I think he's a bit overrated.

I'm planning on doing Poe, Poggle, and eventually 86; but not 88 and 47 because the first three have utility on multiple team comps, but the latter two don't as much (88 somewhat, 47 not at all).
  • @Remorhaz yeah sounds like a great lineup. I wish I coild face it just to see how well it works. I haven't run into one droid lineup on my server and I'm in the to top 100 now so I was worried it waant one of the better squads to run with.

@ioniancat21 makes sense. Thanks!
  • Max out 88 first, always max out DPS characters first.
  • IG1066 wrote: »
    I don't have poggle yet, lol. The droid team is all amount high damage crits, its their speed which is the downfall.
    I wouldn't say it wouldn't work, poggld's buff skill would help immensely. Follow your own path dude, it'll be more rewarding.
    What's his leadership skill like when improved?

Poe them!

• 88 is of course one of the most powerful AOE-ers in the game, but I think he's a bit overrated.

I'm planning on doing Poe, Poggle, and eventually 86; but not 88 and 47 because the first three have utility on multiple team comps, but the latter two don't as much (88 somewhat, 47 not at all).

88 can die from teo good AoEs that crit. That's his downfall. If you crit AoE for 4.7k teice he is dead. Sid crits fornthat, you just need another AoEr

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Get IG HK is not worth it, I have him at 7* and already dropped it.

If he's building a droid team this is terrible advice. More droids will eventually be added and when they do it's doubtful HKs leadership will be ousted
  • 88 1st. His lead skill applies to all. My 88 led team gets me into the top 100 without Poe. HK 1st does bad damage and doesn't synergize with non droids. I did 88. 1st and it jas my 86 crittin like crazy

^ this
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Shizmoo wrote: »
    Max out 88 first, always max out DPS characters first.
    This
    88 can die from teo good AoEs that crit. That's his downfall. If you crit AoE for 4.7k teice he is dead. Sid crits fornthat, you just need another AoEr
    Pretty much no one without a Poggle buff can crit anywhere near 4.7k besides 88 and Maul. Maul never goes before 88. Most are under 3k. If there's any I'm missing then they are either in the same speed tier or slower than 88.
  • 86 is a much better critter than 88.
  • JonoVDH
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've got 86 and 88 5 starred and i am wrecking. 86 5* (GW), 88 5* (arena), JC 4* (cantina), Chewy 4* (not farming) and Poe (Cantina Shipments) right now. This team has a taunt for 3 turns as first I use poe, then Chewy. JC keeps them alive longer, and my droids melt the other team in the mean time. its working quite well i'm ranked 35 right now and really starting to come on strong now that my gear and *'s are getting higher.

Eventually will replace JC and Chewy with Poggle and HK once my assasin droids are either 6* or 7* I haven't decided yet.

I'm level 52.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    88 1st. His lead skill applies to all. My 88 led team gets me into the top 100 without Poe. HK 1st does bad damage and doesn't synergize with non droids. I did 88. 1st and it jas my 86 crittin like crazy

HK47 strength is not crit %, it"s 30% turn meter per crit. Often you AOE with 88, crit 3-4 times, and get a turn inmediately after that. Same with HK47 AOE ability.

HK47 us the best leader for droids by far
  • Hopefully they fix the leader speed buff ability so it works first round, currently it doesn't which is seriously hampering my plans for a Lobot lead droid team.
    He's supposed to give +23 speed and +10% potency at ability 6.

Same bug also affects Qui-Gon Jinn, Akbar and Ventress as well. I have a hard time believing that was the intent since it hobbles all 4 to the point where it's almost not worth placing them as leader, first round is critical.
    And if you can't have them as leader then the feasibility of Nightsister, Rebel and Jedi synergy teams are greatly diminished and we get more cookie cutter squads.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • This team is working great for me in GW
    ZGDRX9e