Equal refreshes for all would make tournaments better.

2Next

Replies

• Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Main thing for me is to shorten the required time commitment... I have 2 accounts and finishing the tourney for both took 10h out of my weekend with my family... That's not sustainable!

The current trend is not sustainable for many who spend money on this game. CG needs to tone down the "gimme your money" vibes.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    The tournament is supposed to favor players with a large roster. This means the attempts should be numbered and require a certain amount of characters. Below is my explanation of what i think it should be:
    Tournament will be set to 4 days with the first day being the Setup day. Each player will have to set their 6 Total teams (1 Defense and 5 Offense). The following 3 days will be match-up days. Day 1 you face 1 person, day 2 you face a different person, day 3 you face final person.
    Characters will have to have mods set on Setup Day and cannot be moved until Entire Tournament is over.
    QUALIFICATIONS:
    Minimum of 30 Characters
    Defensive squad - First 5 characters you choose. These characters cannot be used on the offensive side.
    Offense/Battle 1 - Select 5 characters. Cannot be used more than once per day
    Offense/Battle 2 - Select next 5 characters. Again cannot be used more than once per day.
    Offense/Battle 3 - Select next 5 characters. Again cannot be used more than once per day.
    Same for Offense 4 and 5.
    Everyone will start in Bracket 4 with players being in certain sections based on player level and # of 7 Star characters and gear etc..
    Since this cannot be live PVP, you face the same player on that day until you either win 3 or lose 3. This means if (Battle Day 1) my match up is against XXX. Both XXX and I win 3 rounds we both move on to the next Bracket.
    Everyone who lost 3 rounds against their matchup would stay in Bracket 4 while the winners move to Bracket 3.
    REWARDS - At the end of the overall tournament.
    The rewards last time were Shoretrooper shards and gear etc. Rewards could be something like this below:
    Bracket 1 - Won all 3 days - Receives Full 7* Shoretrooper 3 full pieces of Raid gear, credits etc.
    Bracket 2 - Won 2 out of 3 days - Receives 5 * Shoretrooper, 2 Full pieces of raid gear and salvage gear, credits etc.
    Bracket 3 - Won 1 out of 3 days - Receives 3 * Shoretrooper, 1 full piece of raid gear and salvage gear
    Bracket 4 - Won 0 out of 3 days - Receives same as Bracket 3 except no Shoretrooper shards.
    In my Opinion, this will help the tournament be balanced and fair by limiting the number of attacks because of no refreshes with crystals or Ally coins or anything. Enabling refreshes at all still won't be fair. There are people with hundreds of thousands of Ally points while some have a mere 5000 or less.
    My idea will be rewarding the large rosters because some people may have to go into Battle 4 or 5 and will need those 21 -25th or 26th - 30th characters to help win and move them to the next bracket.

if only 30 characters can be use you remove the advantage of a larger roster.

The major complaints have been the time commitment and the buying of first place with ally points, crystals what ever it will be next time.

Simply remove the paid for refreshes.
    Daily time requirement is drastically reduced as you can only battle with as many teams as you have.
    The players with the larger and stronger rosters will now have the advantage.

This. It's really not that difficult. It seems clear that EA/CG prefers to make it an auction rather than an actual tournament.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Actually it doesn't
    Player A has 5 "Meta" characters. Ally point total 500k.
    Player B has 10 "Meta" Characters (including the same 5 as player A) and 20 decent characters. Ally point total 20k

Player B has the stronger roster, a roster is more than just 5 characters.
    Player A will have have final higher rank.

So no roster strength does not play into it as much as it should.

If you use any extreme example, that will be the case.
    Player A has 5 "Meta" characters, all at 4*, g6. Ally point total 500,000.
    Player B has 10 "Meta" characters, all at 7*, g11. Ally point total 20,000.

Player B will have a higher final rank.

This rewards depth where ally points are more equal. If Player A has 500k ally points, and Player B has 300k ally points, having twice as many strong characters will mean an overall lower average refresh cost, which means a potentially higher placement. So strength of roster can overcome ally point differential.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Actually it doesn't
    Player B has 10 "Meta" Characters (including the same 5 as player A) and 20 decent characters. Ally point total 20k

If you use any extreme example, that will be the case.
    Player A has 5 "Meta" characters, all at 4*, g6. Ally point total 500,000.
    Player B has 10 "Meta" characters, all at 7*, g11. Ally point total 20,000.

Player B will have a higher final rank.
    This rewards depth where ally points are more equal. If Player A has 500k ally points, and Player B has 300k ally points, having twice as many strong characters will mean an overall lower average refresh cost, which means a potentially higher placement. So strength of roster can overcome ally point differential.

You left off the last part of my statement:
    "So no roster strength does not play into it as much as it should."

Yes if the ally point total was closer than yes roster strength would make more of a difference. That is why I am for getting rid of paid refreshes
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    The tournament is supposed to favor players with a large roster. This means the attempts should be numbered and require a certain amount of characters. Below is my explanation of what i think it should be:
    Tournament will be set to 4 days with the first day being the Setup day. Each player will have to set their 6 Total teams (1 Defense and 5 Offense). The following 3 days will be match-up days. Day 1 you face 1 person, day 2 you face a different person, day 3 you face final person.
    Characters will have to have mods set on Setup Day and cannot be moved until Entire Tournament is over.
    QUALIFICATIONS:
    Minimum of 30 Characters
    Defensive squad - First 5 characters you choose. These characters cannot be used on the offensive side.
    Offense/Battle 1 - Select 5 characters. Cannot be used more than once per day
    Offense/Battle 2 - Select next 5 characters. Again cannot be used more than once per day.
    Offense/Battle 3 - Select next 5 characters. Again cannot be used more than once per day.
    Same for Offense 4 and 5.
    Everyone will start in Bracket 4 with players being in certain sections based on player level and # of 7 Star characters and gear etc..
    Since this cannot be live PVP, you face the same player on that day until you either win 3 or lose 3. This means if (Battle Day 1) my match up is against XXX. Both XXX and I win 3 rounds we both move on to the next Bracket.
    Everyone who lost 3 rounds against their matchup would stay in Bracket 4 while the winners move to Bracket 3.
    REWARDS - At the end of the overall tournament.
    The rewards last time were Shoretrooper shards and gear etc. Rewards could be something like this below:
    Bracket 1 - Won all 3 days - Receives Full 7* Shoretrooper 3 full pieces of Raid gear, credits etc.
    Bracket 2 - Won 2 out of 3 days - Receives 5 * Shoretrooper, 2 Full pieces of raid gear and salvage gear, credits etc.
    Bracket 3 - Won 1 out of 3 days - Receives 3 * Shoretrooper, 1 full piece of raid gear and salvage gear
    Bracket 4 - Won 0 out of 3 days - Receives same as Bracket 3 except no Shoretrooper shards.
    In my Opinion, this will help the tournament be balanced and fair by limiting the number of attacks because of no refreshes with crystals or Ally coins or anything. Enabling refreshes at all still won't be fair. There are people with hundreds of thousands of Ally points while some have a mere 5000 or less.
    My idea will be rewarding the large rosters because some people may have to go into Battle 4 or 5 and will need those 21 -25th or 26th - 30th characters to help win and move them to the next bracket.

if only 30 characters can be use you remove the advantage of a larger roster.

The major complaints have been the time commitment and the buying of first place with ally points, crystals what ever it will be next time.

Simply remove the paid for refreshes.
    Daily time requirement is drastically reduced as you can only battle with as many teams as you have.
    The players with the larger and stronger rosters will now have the advantage.

How many people actually use 30 characters in this tournament. Obviously whales do but other than whales? No many, so i don't think 30 characters will remove any advantage. 30 solid characters is a large roster for ftp. I might make a poll and see how many people actually have 30 7* gear 10 characters. But then again how many people lie during polls.
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »

How about we reward the players that have invested the time and/or money to build up strong rosters and teams rather than rewarding the players that have saved up the most currency for refreshes or are willing to spend the most cash to do well in the tournament?

Thoughts and feedback are appreciated as always!

? The strongest rosters do win the tournament.

All the ally money in the world won't allow you to win/gain points to move up in the ranks if your team sucks.

If you do have said roster for your level/tournament bracket, it's your fault you did not save up your ally or galactic war money. You've had a month to prepare for this tournament.

Actually it doesn't

But if player B has multiple maxed out teams that can beat other players 'A' teams, then player B wouldn't need as many ally points, because they would get more refreshes at a lower cost.

What I did this time around was use some lower squads in the beginning against the weaker teams, and then brought my 'A' team in after I had already won a bunch of matches. Then my 'A' team got fight a lot of matches at low refresh costs. So I banked a lot of points early.

• Options
    Just remove refresh (apart from the 24 hour reset) like suggested. Really simple solution.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Just remove refresh (apart from the 24 hour reset) like suggested. Really simple solution.

If this was done, make it similar to GW, where you can use a character until they are dead. This way it's not just a one and done on the whole roster. It would add a little strategy imo.
  • Options
    Refreshes are largely capped. The real issue is placing people who have been playing a year with people who have been playing for 3 months. Not only do they have way more arena capable toons, they don't need GW tokens like new people.

Of course if you are the person that has it easier than others you think it's fair since it rewards players that have been playing a long time (you) but that isn't what people think of w "tournament" which is supposed to be competitive for all entrants. The "you got 10 free credits, shut up while I pound in arena w an exclusive toon" is pathetic.

Group shards like arena. For 90% it's not worth spending more than 10 mins a day on.

This.

It's a bit ridiculous competing against players that have teams A through Z with maxed rosters been playing since the beginning of the game, compared to others that barely have an A team.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »

If this was done, make it similar to GW, where you can use a character until they are dead. This way it's not just a one and done on the whole roster. It would add a little strategy imo.

ye would work as well, but only if reset battle is removed.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Refreshes are largely capped. The real issue is placing people who have been playing a year with people who have been playing for 3 months. Not only do they have way more arena capable toons, they don't need GW tokens like new people.

Of course if you are the person that has it easier than others you think it's fair since it rewards players that have been playing a long time (you) but that isn't what people think of w "tournament" which is supposed to be competitive for all entrants. The "you got 10 free credits, shut up while I pound in arena w an exclusive toon" is pathetic.

Group shards like arena. For 90% it's not worth spending more than 10 mins a day on.

This.

It's a bit ridiculous competing against players that have teams A through Z with maxed rosters been playing since the beginning of the game, compared to others that barely have an A team.

Why? I started in May and have no problem with getting grouped all together, hell its much better than being compartmentalized by start date. If you join a heroic guild, your February counterparts are gonna do more than you, so why should tournaments be any different? It's not really a rich get richer situation either because you're slowly going to catch up every day to those players by virtue of them not having as many good toons they can farm and you having a less developed and thus easier arena.
  • Options
    I can run 4 squads between 32 and 35k. Started out with 70k ally points. Not great, but workable. I spent about 10k getting to the to 200. But then couldn't find a winnable fight. In the last 40 hours, i found 3 or 4 fights i could actually win, and still lost at least one or two characters each time.

When ever team is either a meta squad at least 4k points higher then your strongest team, or a non-meta squad 7k points higher, then it's completely unplayable.
  • Options
    s0uleman wrote: »
    I can run 4 squads between 32 and 35k. Started out with 70k ally points. Not great, but workable. I spent about 10k getting to the to 200. But then couldn't find a winnable fight. In the last 40 hours, i found 3 or 4 fights i could actually win, and still lost at least one or two characters each time.

When ever team is either a meta squad at least 4k points higher then your strongest team, or a non-meta squad 7k points higher, then it's completely unplayable.

I don't see anything wrong with this though. If it was a real elimination tournament you wouldn't advance to a higher place either, because these teams would beat yours.

If everyone is going for the same prizes, everyone should be in the same pool of players. If people want tiers based on power or roster strength, than lower pools should get lower prizes.

• Options
    They won't change tournaments. They don't give in to player feedback. Look at galactic war.
  • Options
    Just keep the tournament the same, but up the rewards. Allow more players to acquire the toon reward at higher stars. Top 10 earn 7*, top 50 earn 6*, top 100 earn 5*, top 500 earn 4* and so on...