Crazy crazy tournament

I'm a level 84 player. Having previously only put a limited effort into tournaments as I didn't want to spend so much time, I thought I'd make a real effort this weekend and see what I could get. As I don't have a great droid team, wedge / biggs / Lando team, or any exclusive characters I was quite pleased to be staying in the top 100 until two hours to go. It was hard work playing 6 hours as day at least, I amassed over 7,000 points but come refresh of cost time things went crazy. I would enter a battle ranked 96, win and earn my 40 or 50 points and see I'd fallen to rank 101 because it took me longer to win battles. I finished in 122th place with 7,664 points. I'd spent nearly 200,000 ally points.

Then I discovered how crazy this tournament is, my guild leader, more powerful than me found he only had 2 teams that could beat the wiggs combo or ep teams if they were weak enough. He spent over 300,000 ally points, cashed in 20,000 gw tickets and amassed just over 7,000 points and came 42nd. I would have needed 8,350 to come top 50 in my league but would have got top 20 in his for that.

The toughest player in my guild, same level same squad arena position but with a pvp team at 44,500 compared to mine at 42,800 is fuming as he can't get close to either of us, his league is full of monster level 85, 46K teams that crush you in 40 seconds.

I'm not complaining, I did as well as I could, I'm not jealous, I'm glad my guildmate has a new powerful character. I'm just pointing out the crazy inconsistencies in this tournament. Maybe I'll get him next time, maybe I'll just get to 50/50 shards or maybe I'll get nothing... The sad truth is that it will have little to do with me, how I play or how many points I'm capable of earning but the luck of which league I'm in.

Replies

• Inconsistencies? Luck? Random? Frenzy spending?
    What exactly surprises you here? ;)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Inconsistencies? Luck? Random? Frenzy spending?
    What exactly surprises you here? ;)

Spot on.
  • I had no problem with any rebel teams. I just looked for 43k or lower power and used Rex/sun fac/aayla/fives/anakin. Beat teams quick and move up. I'll agree, it was crazy during the last hour, even at the rank 100 area.
    I finished 94 and around 7.5k points. Spent about 185k ally points