Now we've got the addition of 5000 ally points

Can we get a multiple draw on bronzium because it takes so longgggggggggggggg! I use most my ally points in the tournament but i usually have surplus of 50k hanging around after so i buy bronziums and that takes me 30 mins +, its a simple feature that. Can be added and would make bronzium pulls so much quickier

Replies

• How can you have 50k left over ? you are alone on your server and rank 1 or what ?
  • Dayma wrote: »
    How can you have 50k left over ? you are alone on your server and rank 1 or what ?

Tournaments done im just saying after the tournament i have surplus x ally points everytime
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is not the only tournament, why would you waste the advantage, of an extra 50k next round.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is not the only tournament, why would you waste the advantage, of an extra 50k next round.

Because next round will be IP Man again and who wants him if you can't afford his buddy
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    brett94 wrote: »
    Can we get a multiple draw on bronzium because it takes so longgggggggggggggg! I use most my ally points in the tournament but i usually have surplus of 50k hanging around after so i buy bronziums and that takes me 30 mins +, its a simple feature that. Can be added and would make bronzium pulls so much quickier

It doesn't take that long. Just alyernatelt alternately tap Skip and Buy. You can get through it fast enough. (Dumb fat fingers misspelled alternately pretty badly. Figured I'd leave the typo in for posterity. It's not as good as my Booba Fatt typo, though)

BUT--you're right. A slider that allows us to buy a bunch at once (like multisim ui) would be great!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    tRRRey wrote: »

Because next round will be IP Man again and who wants him if you can't afford his buddy

So skip it and wait for next one and again have an advantage.... there just doesn't seem to be any advantage to bronzium over the tournament coins, gear, and shards.

There is another post about a 160k (about what I spent this last tournament) bronzium drop...I only see about 3 toons that I would need on his list. And 2 shards of each. Seems like a waste for such a random bunch of stuff that basically just gets turned into shard shop tokens.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Some people simply don't have the time (or willingness) to spend that much time in the tournament. I had about 150k ally points. First day I played forever, wisely choosing my squads to not waste coins and still rack up points. Got up to about #20 before I just couldn't stand fighting Wiggs anymore. Came back the next day and still had 90k, was about #120 at that point. I only had about an hour to play so I just blew through my coins on my A squad doing 5,000 coin refreshes. On the 3rd day I checked in and was like #200. Played a few times and was completely done with the tournament. Who can sit through hours upon hours of fighting Wiggs and Palp teams over and over and over? It's just awful. I didn't play the last 6 hours of the tourney or so (presumably when the mad rush was on) and wound up #618. I absolutely could have played smarter with my ally point and kept mixing and matching the teams but does EA really expect me to dedicate an entire weekend to chasing a toon I probably won't get anyway??
  • Yeah, this is a ridiculous argument. Both times when they announced ally points for the tournament, I starting saving them and only took my five free ones. Both times I had a huge amount left over at the end. Would I have had time to use more and do more attempts? Sure, if I had no life. I could have been using them non-stop and fighting tournament battle after tournament battle. But most people don't have time for that. These tournaments are really a test of endurance. Who is willing to spend the most time doing battle after battle? Those people will be at the top. Among them, whoever has the best lineup will win. But it's not primarily testing lineups. It's testing whoever has the endurance and free time to keep at it when most people have lives to live and can't do endless battling.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I know that tournaments are on top of this but the whole game is a grind and eats up a bunch of time. If you didn't want to spend time in the game then you picked the wrong game.

Yes it does take time. But it's spread out, the cost is exactly the same if you play 30 min in the beginning of the day or at the end as long as it's before the refresh. I got a lot of stuff done this weekend and had time to work my way into top 100. Which was my plan the whole time. I try to plan and make moves according to a plan and it works out for the most part.

I do agree the tournaments are a little too much time if you want to place above top 100 but I can balance the rest. They could be better but for now they are what they are.

• Kyno wrote: »

Simple with my current roster and not all being base around new or old meta i cannot hit the next tier threshold cause of the same enemy team squads and only certain toons being more viable to take those squads apart
  • To get into the top 100 you need to be more meta based is the way it seems cause i ranked around 180# the last tourney and im not meta based strictly but every team i had to face off against was eithier meta based or just so strong i couldnt win so im capped off atm to place in the 100-200 tier catergory atm my wiggs team is rising up pretty fast though and hopefully with the right mods should be able to crack the top 100# hopefully next tourney but probably the one after depending on the rise in my squad power if i had 7* palpy id probably place higher.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To get into the top 100 you need to be more meta based is the way it seems cause i ranked around 180# the last tourney and im not meta based strictly but every team i had to face off against was eithier meta based or just so strong i couldnt win so im capped off atm to place in the 100-200 tier catergory atm my wiggs team is rising up pretty fast though and hopefully with the right mods should be able to crack the top 100# hopefully next tourney but probably the one after depending on the rise in my squad power if i had 7* palpy id probably place higher.

I was able to use 3 teams this time around. Last tournament I didn't have my jedi team and my droids couldn't cut it.

I was able to consistently use retribution jedi team and droids to score almost perfect rounds, maybe lose 1 or 2. And my wiggs. Sure I had some cross over with B2, anakin, and aayla. But it kept my cost down for refreshes.

As I said last tournament this didn't work out as well and I got pushed down to just make it into top 200 because I couldn't win with other teams and the cost was getting too high. This was just a better group for me not to say it was easy, had a bunch of TI and other top guilds in the top 25 but even some of those teams I could beat.
    To get into the top 100 you need to be more meta based is the way it seems cause i ranked around 180# the last tourney and im not meta based strictly but every team i had to face off against was eithier meta based or just so strong i couldnt win so im capped off atm to place in the 100-200 tier catergory atm my wiggs team is rising up pretty fast though and hopefully with the right mods should be able to crack the top 100# hopefully next tourney but probably the one after depending on the rise in my squad power if i had 7* palpy id probably place higher.

I was able to use 3 teams this time around. Last tournament I didn't have my jedi team and my droids couldn't cut it.

I was able to consistently use retribution jedi team and droids to score almost perfect rounds, maybe lose 1 or 2. And my wiggs. Sure I had some cross over with B2, anakin, and aayla. But it kept my cost down for refreshes.

As I said last tournament this didn't work out as well and I got pushed down to just make it into top 200 because I couldn't win with other teams and the cost was getting too high. This was just a better group for me not to say it was easy, had a bunch of TI and other top guilds in the top 25 but even some of those teams I could beat.

Okay ill rephrase lol depending on the tourney shard your put in, avaliable ally points, current roster and squads your up against depends on your rank lol cover all this components and youll be able to hit the next tier
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Okay ill rephrase lol depending on the tourney shard your put in, avaliable ally points, current roster and squads your up against depends on your rank lol cover all this components and youll be able to hit the next tier

So basically RNG, that kinda makes sense.

So basically RNG, that kinda makes sense.
    Exactly lol RNG in regards of dodge and resist lately arghhh wanted to rip my hair out stick it on a football with a face and start talking to it
  • More than anything else, doing well in tournaments require time. Deep rosters make it cheaper to last longer, more ally points makes it last longer. Lasting longer just increases the amount of time you have to spend constantly fighting the same fights.

This is by design. When there are 5000 in a shard and only the top 100 get a full toon, that means only 2% of players get a good reward. The fact that they have easily farmable gear as available rewards further dilutes the realistic rewards that the average gamer can expect to achieve. This event is not for the average gamer. This is event is for the gamers with both the time and money to burn.
  • I have 195k Ally Points right now. Unfortuantely I wasnt able to take part in the event this weekend. Going to crush the next one though.