Ships: Shard same as regular arena PLEASE

Prev1
If they decide to split people up based on something like login times, this will be the end of the game. This isnt a weekend tournament.

Please make this the same arena as your regular one ... or people will go crazy tomorrow.

Seriously. Consider it.

Replies

• I fully agree, it will be the end of the game if they decide to split people again, because a player who was playing this game 4 months can't compete with someone who was playing for example 8 months, and so on. I will delete this game immediately if they decided to do it.
  • If they decide to split people up based on something like login times, this will be the end of the game. This isnt a weekend tournament.

Please make this the same arena as your regular one ... or people will go crazy tomorrow.

Seriously. Consider it.
    Take care! Cu
  • Surprised EA havent asked for a 5K unlock fee for ships
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wouldn't that just be basically giving the top spots to those who have it already?

I mean for 90% of shards your top 20 will beat the rest in most aspects of the game.

Again it wouldn't be a guaranteed win but it just seems logical that the top players on a shard have some of the best toons and maybe they aren't all pilots, but those crystals they earn haven't just been sitting there keeping the warm.

Maybe if done correctly shards for ships could be a positive thing and allow everyone to face new players they haven't seen before.

If not I look forward to seeing my shard mates. This is going to be fun.
  • It goes both ways though. I started last March and quit until August. At the time, I didn't know I'd be better off starting over until I already had a few more weeks and some money invested (plus I had pulled a free Ani) and I felt like it would have been a waste to throw away.

I would love to be grouped in to a new arena shard with players more in tune to my current level (77) so I could have a chance at finishing top 25+ instead of having to settle for 500 because there's a wall of lvl 83+ teams I can't get past to break top 200.
  • agreed that it cuts both ways, not sure why they wouldn't come out and say affirmatively one way or another because it has the chance to greatly affect the daily users number for several days. and if i learned anything from silicon valley that is the most important metric for apps like this.
  • From Jesse on the main thread:

Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of players that are closer in power level to each other to create a more even playing field.
  • Jesse said in the other thread that players will be grouped according to their power level.

Which means developed players get penalised with much tougher shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah we will have to see, because the tournament was supposed to be split the same way and I saw some crazy power swing in my group.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Jesse said in the other thread that players will be grouped according to their power level.

I don't see it that way. I see it as players who have spent time in the game will be given a shard with players who have done the same. So it will be a challenge. Not a cakewalk with developed players being put into a shard with newbies.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Jesse said in the other thread that players will be grouped according to their power level.

I don't see it that way. I see it as players who have spent time in the game will be given a shard with players who have done the same. So it will be a challenge. Not a cakewalk with developed players being put into a shard with newbies.

Using existing shards would achieve that, since they were allocated based on the time starting the game.

This new way makes the game more difficult the more you've improved your roster.

Players with poor squads will be getting better rewards than players with very good squads, who will be trapped on shards crammed with whales.
  • Just prepare to sacrifice another hour a day for the rest of your life to do ship arena.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »
    MackemSLAM wrote: »

Using existing shards would achieve that, since they were allocated based on the time starting the game.

This new way makes the game more difficult the more you've improved your roster.

Players with poor squads will be getting better rewards than players with very good squads, who will be trapped on shards crammed with whales.

Yup.
    Whales vs whales brings more revenue I guess.
  • Let's just see what it is before we go nuts, yeh?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I was hoping for same shard as arena but unfortunately not.

We'll have to wait and see. If it uses total power of your entire roster, it might work. I have serious reservations if it is just your top X toons.

I think it will boil down to RNG once again :) . Hopefully you just don't get stuck on a rubbish shard. Maybe they'll even rotate the shards every X weeks.

Because they've been such a raging success when they've reseeded so far...

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's just see what it is before we go nuts, yeh?

In there defense, they have never been this transparent before, there is a first for everything.
  • I don't have access to ships. This is strange. How do so many have access to ships, especially fully leveled ships? It's like they've had access for an extended period of time...
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • I don't have access to ships. This is strange. How do so many have access to ships, especially fully leveled ships? It's like they've had access for an extended period of time...

They were at a dev event playing on maxed dev accounts.... I am not sure if your post was serious...
  • BrolyB593 wrote: »
    I don't have access to ships. This is strange. How do so many have access to ships, especially fully leveled ships? It's like they've had access for an extended period of time...

They were at a dev event playing on maxed dev accounts.... I am not sure if your post was serious...

Totally serious. If this was an event for guild leaders I never got an invite.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
    Let's just see what it is before we go nuts, yeh?

"Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate hate..."
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
    I don't have access to ships. This is strange. How do so many have access to ships, especially fully leveled ships? It's like they've had access for an extended period of time...

It's not for guild leaders. There are certain people who run youtube channels that get to do previews of various game features using dev accounts. It's the reason why there were preview videos of General Kenobi fully maxed out when the tank raid launched.
  • If they change it up its gonna be extremely bad for a lot of players. FTP and low spenders who have been around a long time could be placed within a shard with a crap ton of whales and no chance of getting top 10 maybe even 50. Whales could all be grouped together and good luck placing high in that shard without major refreshes daily. Then new or low power players will actually benefit the most as they will get far better rewards than they should without spending much.

I guess we will have to wait and see, but I'm not gonna hold out hope that they can do it right with the track record we have seen. I look forward to seeing how they do it, having 20-100 whales on the same shard is gonna be hilarious to watch.

I spend quite a lot on this game, but if I'm in a shard with a bunch of similar or bigger spenders I won't be buying packs or even trying to compete against them. It's just not worth it if I still need to spend on gear for my roster. At a certain point paying for an advantage won't be worth it if everyone else you play against has the same advantage.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!

It was an event for content creators (i.e. YouTubers). That's why there are videos. Very specifically so those people could do the stuff ahead of time and talk it up.

It's not for guild leaders. There are certain people who run youtube channels that get to do previews of various game features using dev accounts. It's the reason why there were preview videos of General Kenobi fully maxed out when the tank raid launched.

Sweet. I have a you tube channel as well. Is it possible they sent the invite there?

Do you think if we wait and it comes out as being totally unfair it will be fixed after it has been released?

Pairing people by power doesn't make any sense (and if the pairings goes along the same system used in the tourneys it also means 45k power teams will be paired with 35k power teams) unless you count the total power of the whole account, not just the arena power.

Do you think if we wait and it comes out as being totally unfair it will be fixed after it has been released?

Pairing people by power doesn't make any sense (and if the pairings goes along the same system used in the tourneys it also means 45k power teams will be paired with 35k power teams) unless you count the total power of the whole account, not just the arena power.

I don't understand why you would want to be with people stronger than you....? I'm happy it's based on a math-making system.

I don't understand why you would want to be with people stronger than you....? I'm happy it's based on a math-making system.

You say that now, but what happens when you have to spend hours and multiple refreshes just to hold ranks not to mention actually trying to move up during that last hour before payout.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • This is by far the most logical way to seed it. It essentially redoes the original arena seeding, when you started you were put with people that were equal to you, newbies. Over time hard core people make a big gap from the casual players so basing it on arena would just just put casual players way deep in the hole for the new arena.

They can't use arena shards for the tourney because arena payouts are localized, they are 6pm your local time. If they used the arena shard, some people's tourney would end at 3am since it has to start and end independent of your personal time zone.

No, that's not what I meant.
    I meant: if someone who has been playing for 5 months and with an arena power of, say, 43k but only 10 upgraded toons is put in the same shard as people who have been playing from the beginning, with an arena power of 45k but 50 upgraded toons, it's obviously not an even ground.
    If we consider the full roster power, than it's even ground at least, but still... why should all the whales be put in the same server and all the bad players in the same server? If I run the 100m at the Olympics event and win I get an olympic gold medal, but if I run the 100m at the local event for 10 y/o I don't get an olympic medal.
    Since I don't think they are going to differentiate prizes based on the difficulty of the server, even if it's done a perfect way (by accounting for the real power of the players, not just arena team) it's going to make most of the frequent players unhappy
This discussion has been closed.