Ensure your account is synced

Toukai
1822 posts Member
I logged into SWGOH pretty much every day for a year. When google-play came out, I logged in with that account every single day. Now they tell me it's a guest account that is unrecoverable.

Do yourselves a favor and open a support ticket and ensure your stuff is synced because i just got told by support to pretty much just let it go.

So, this is more a warning post to save yourselves some future grief in the event your phone dies like mine.

Also, as a note that will probably get this post deleted, you've made sure EA/CG that I won't ever spend another dime on your companies ever again and that includes non-mobile games :)

Replies

• You should post the same in Reddit.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    man that sucks. I would have been pretty upset if i had spend money and they told me to f myself like that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vertigo322
    137 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    That's rough, buddy.
  • Your avatar looks kinda ironic now, by the way. Feel for you dude.
  • Please note that this only applies to Android/Google Play. iOS users sync through Game Center accounts and don't have this problem. Use the same Game Center account and you're fine.
  • I've tried syncing to the database thing but I can't get my player ID to go through. I've tried all kinds of different upper / lower combinations too, just won't work.

I play as a guest on Android, through a tablet and on my phone. I'm wondering if there will be an issue later on if something dies or if I upgrade...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    I've tried syncing to the database thing but I can't get my player ID to go through. I've tried all kinds of different upper / lower combinations too, just won't work.

I play as a guest on Android, through a tablet and on my phone. I'm wondering if there will be an issue later on if something dies or if I upgrade...

If you never synced through Google play or game center then things get lost. Playing as a guest is never a good idea. Also if it's not synced you can't transfer to a different device.

That's sucks OP. I don't get how Google play doesn't have you synced. I can see the game under my Google play account when I look through gmail, I hope that's enough.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Kyno

Yea, thats the thing. When prompted to log in from the guest mode, i literally saw it say "Logged in as *my name from google play*"

I even saw it under my google play profile (the game).

My phone died and i provided my ally code and support pretty much just said "yea we see it. But we wont recover it because its a guest account."

This is despite the fact ive been logging in with google play ever since that function was released. I should have known there was an issue because it asked me to log into google-play every single time i launched the game, but I just assumed they didnt do sync's right. I am half right :)
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Yup, moved to bugs to die and not be looked at by devs or anyone. Thats why i started in general so at least SOME people saw it.

Thanks for nothing mods, just trying to look out for your player base and you dont even care about that.