Help on how to win GW every single day - Helpful for newcomers

Prev1345
Botan
41 posts Member
edited January 2016
This will be more helpful for the people with F2P heros as they seem to be having most of the problems. Please make sure to comment if you have other helpful tips. I see too many people complaining about GW, lets help them :) Also please dont comment if you already know these methods. Some people dont, so I dont want to see some smart a$$ telling me that everyone knows this stuff.

Change your target - TIP#1
As soon as the battle starts, you can change the outcome of the battle by selecting a different enemy hero. For example, as soon as the battle starts, change your target from the default chosen enemy hero to another hero. Lets say sidious goes first, before he even gets a chance to do his attack, switch heros and you'll see sidious retargets and doesnt go for the initial target he was given when the battle started. This is really useful because sometimes sidious can give healing immunity to one of your most valued heros which could last till the end of the battle causing the hero with healing immunity to die fast.

The Leader - TIP#2
Another way to change the outcome of a battle would be to switch leaders. Which I highly recommend if you are stuck. NOTE: A heros position in the deck does not determine who goes first, the SPEED of a hero determines if he/she goes first. So be sure to check out your heros stats, and gear them up if needed because the first hits are critical if you are up against a tough target in GW. The higher end players know this all too well. I usually put luminara for my leader as she gives other heros healing on their turns and she gives them evasion which helps them dodge many hits which could change the outcome of the battle in my favor.

B Team/SUICIDE SQUAD - TIP#3
The last thing you can do to prevent a hero from dying too fast is to have a B team. Now, if you're just starting out, a B team may not be needed because the targets given within the GW tend to be easier. But for those of you who are having trouble, I would highly recommend you level up some of those lower guys to act as a suicide squad. If you didnt know, you can send in a suicide squad, let the enemy use up all of their special attacks and kill off the guys you put in. After that you can just send in your main powerful squad to kill the enemy heros with ease because they wont have their abilities for a few turns. As the retreat button no longer works the way it used to, suicide squads are a solution to those early annoying specials that the enemy does. Especially Dooku.

Which heros to kill off first? - How many healers is enough?
This is the one I forgot to mention. But its so important now that you kill off the enemy heros that do high damage (Droids - IG-88 etc) or give your guys HEALING IMMUNITY. Healing immunity is very annoying and will last until the hero that has it must wait for Sidious/Kylo/IG-88 to die off before the effects go away. And if you cant kill the first healing immunity guys then you might as well not play GW unless you have Bariss, who will find the highest health hero in your deck and put up everyones health so it is equalized evenly. But Bariss also has to wait for a (I think) 4 turn cooldown until she can use this ability again. So using her against a healing immunity team is not as good as you may think. So what to do then? Well, you must first spend some time doing the heaviest damage to one of these heros that give healing immunity. I like to swap out sidious for cpt.phasma to see if I can kill off the enemy sidious/kylo/ig88 faster. This way my healers will have a chance to heal up as soon as the enemy does their heavy damage crit attacks. Well, sometimes when you're near the end, the game likes to give you enemies with sidious, kylo and ig88 at the same time! It gets messy sometimes. DONT forget that its OK to lose a valuable hero at the last 3 crates. Just make sure you have a decent back up, which Im sure you guys do. So who do you kill first if you get all the healing immunity heros in the game as your opponent? I would recommend killing IG-88 first as he will probably be 5-7 stars and he will do pretty damaging blows, with a chance to give your heros ability block & healing immunity. He will most likely have the lowest health out of the 3. So its worth it to kill him off first. Secondly I would highly recommend you kill off Kylo Ren next. Now I know what you're thinking, he has higher health and will probably survive long enough to get healed back up again. WRONG, invest in darth sidious ASAP and he will no longer be able to get healed up. So why do we kill kylo first then? because he does heavy damage with rapid cooldown AoE(area attack) which also gives him counter attack, he gives healing immunity and he also does a very heavy damage special which can max hit over 4000. So kill him ASAP, even before sidious. Now we leave sidious to last because sidious tends to prefer to do AoE attacks on his first go, almost every time. Giving you a chance to kill off ig88 & kylo before he can do damage. PLEASE be careful because Sidious has a VERY high chance to dodge Jedi attacks. I would recommend that you DO NOT use your luminara or JC special abilities on him as he will dodge 90% of them giving the enemy more time to heal him up and cause you more trouble. The best thing to do is use luminara & JC's light saber which will have a much higher chance of hitting him before he can heal.

How many healers is good? Standard luminara and Jedi consular is a MUST if you wish to complete the GW every single day. Make sure to put as many ability mats you can into luminara because her heal at lvl 6 will work perfectly. Healing up to 3200 and also giving 1700 heal bonus for 2 turns to every hero is amazing. Make sure to also give JC the attention he deserves because at lvl 6 heal he will have the ability to heal up your guys every 2 turns! which works perfectly. You can also put in Old Daka if you have her leveled up decently. She will stun and prevent the enemy from getting a turn. If you have cpt.phasma as your leader, she works perfectly because she can pretty much stun every time she gets the bonus hit. Allowing your guys to kill off the enemy team quicker and get more turns. Any more than 3 healers is not necessary and will only put you at a disadvantage if the enemy has tanky heros. Healers wont kill them quick enough, giving the opponent a chance to heal.

Yes it takes a lot more time to figure out the perfect team, but its worth it to win every single day. I was really behind on luminara due to the fact that I didnt know you could do these things. After I figured it out, I started winning every single day. Now im 25 shards from finishing luminara and have a 5 star cpt.phasma. And if you have an undefeatable opponent, just keep trying the first tip, switch targets and get different outcomes. If you are up against a poe team and you are losing 2-3 heros before you even get a turn, the only advice id give you is, get poe yourself. Theres not much else you can do.

I am currently lvl 66 and have F2P heros like most people. The furthest I've gone in arena is 47th, So im the casual player. Havent spent any money yet. If I can do it I know you can do it. Good luck guys n girls :)

PLEASE READ THE COMMENTS BELOW, THERE ARE A LOT OF VERY HELPFUL TIPS FROM MANY WHO WIN THE GW EVERYDAY. AND SO CAN YOU.

ESTIMATED READ TIME: 5 MINUTES (Just this post, comments below may take longer)
Post edited by Botan on

Replies

• Options
    One additional note if you manage to kill off some of your enemies and your team is then killed off as long as the will battle is allowed to go to completion of the computer enemies stay dead.

Something to think about suicide squad's or B team that you should make them do as much damage as possible take out at least one enemy if you can.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    One additional note if you manage to kill off some of your enemies and your team is then killed off as long as the will battle is allowed to go to completion of the computer enemies stay dead.

Something to think about suicide squad's or B team that you should make them do as much damage as possible take out at least one enemy if you can.

Yes good tip. Do as much damage to the enemy you want to kill first. Thanks for mentioning, I forgot to encourage people to do this :)
  • Options
    Yep, good tips.

I'm also pure f2p, reached a new arena high yesterday of 45, dropped to 69 earlier today and then finished at 52 because some of the frustrating AI proc rates came back to bite me in my second last match so I am in the decent category of arena squads.

I have completed the GW every single day since the change and completed it a few times before the change. No doubt, the key is having a solid top team (I have six elite geared, level 62-63 characters now) and then having decent reserves. I could complete the whole thing just using my top 6 guys ( 7*sid, 6* lumi, 4* dooku, 4* fives, 4* jc, 4* poggle) but I usually throw in other characters in the last couple battles just for peace of mind and the fact I have them so why not use them. Once they're dead, I throw in the top guys and clean it all up.

The other tip I'd give is to plan out how you are going to use your abilities so you aren't left using them late in a match just to get it over with and then you're having to wait for cooldowns when starting the next match. I always look to time my Lumi and/or JC heals so I can have minimal health gone to start the next match and have the cooldowns almost reset so they're there if/when I need them. For damage abilities, I generally only use them near the beginning so they're good to go right away next match.
  • Options
    You guys make it sound so easy. I have tried all this and still have not even got to the top rung of the ladder. Level 63 and never completed. Its at the point where it makes me want to quit the game altogether.
  • Options
    Everyone should be able to finish most gw runs only using lumi, jc, daka, x, y.

I guess 2 healers is enough as well but needs more careful CD managing and resetting for favorable rng.
  • Options
    Merilon wrote: »
    Everyone should be able to finish most gw runs only using lumi, jc, daka, x, y.

I guess 2 healers is enough as well but needs more careful CD managing and resetting for favorable rng.

This. I just got Daka the other day and my first 2 GW with her have been a breeze. I still won 16 straight while only having Lumi and JC though.
  • Options
    I have completed GW maybe 50 times, out of 54. Of those the first 45 are eith my regular teams with thenusualt suspects of attack / heal / stun / block abilities.

But at some point things change. One of the keys for mento finish wss not to lag the fastest leveles much, to not get team 8 levels above except rarely. Today is the same. But in spite of similar levels I now get across teams that can kill you even if you fire 3 healers in the first turn.

These are additional tips (pardon if I am repeating by error.

Don't get greedy
    Attack the right person from start. Eg. If you are using Dooku, the best thing 95% of cases is to stun a Jedi. If you don't like reseting 10 or more times, having a char do what it does best (like Dooku stunning a Jedi) works better in the end,

Learn to recognize "godsend" battles
    For example, enemy may use Barris and Phasma, teo very slow hitting chars. The danger are thenother 3. If you bring 5 healers chances are everyone will stay alive if you focus on high damage first. Then you have two full turns to eliminate cool downs, and have a key healer restore all healers to 90%+...don't waste this battles with bravery! There are many scenarios that allow creative Roster Fixing.

Learn when to use Tanks
    These can be Chewy, Han, etc. You can use them to restore teams, but use the right companions. In many cases you can keep it alive long enough that you are amazed you got out of that one uncracted.

Yikes ...the wife's and the dinner....
  • scuba
    14221 posts Member
    Options
    To extend use of low level players you don't have to send in a full team. Up against dooku and sid? Send in 3 level 1 or 2 players. If dooku goes before sid it will normally burn off both the lighting stun and Sid's AoE.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    To extend use of low level players you don't have to send in a full team. Up against dooku and sid? Send in 3 level 1 or 2 players. If dooku goes before sid it will normally burn off both the lighting stun and Sid's AoE.

+1

The AI seems to be getting nastier though. Sometimes it detects this.

• Options
    You guys make it sound so easy. I have tried all this and still have not even got to the top rung of the ladder. Level 63 and never completed. Its at the point where it makes me want to quit the game altogether.

Level 63 and not once? Who's your main 5 and how many toons do you have total? Are you facing a lot of leia, qgj, ben premium teams?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Know when to use stun attacks. If you have Dooku or Daka, it's really smart to stun an opposing Dooku so you can kill him without fear of counter attack. However, if you go before he does in the battle the stun will be wasted as it wears off on his first turn. Sometimes it's better to let him attack first and then attempt the stun.

If you are facing a team with Daka, take her out even before Sid or Dooku otherwise you may have to kill them more than once.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    speed is not the key in gw. you want to go as slowly as possible and take as many turns as possible to reset cooldowns between battles.

i run a triple healer, double stun team (entirely f2p) and i have yet to fail gw since my second day of unlocking gw (43 wins)
    mighty chlorians
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and only won it twice. I love the challenge, frankly.
  • Options

Level 63 and not once? Who's your main 5 and how many toons do you have total? Are you facing a lot of leia, qgj, ben premium teams?

Main 5 are 7* Sid 6* JC 5* Phasma 5* Kylo 5* Lumi

5* Hk in reserve. I'm a free to play scrub with a meager bench. Yeah. I've not completed it once. I've tried so many strategies and at this point it is sucking enjoyment from the game.
  • Options
    there is a point where challenging becomes frustration, and I've reached that and passed it with GW. I wish it didn't exist.
  • Options
    Imo it's become like retreating but now restarting enough till you get a good result...
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Imo it's become like retreating but now restarting enough till you get a good result...

Unless you have one seven star and are facing a team of 2 7 stars and 3 6 stars...I swear, I get ridiculous draws from halfway on. And they all are usually variations of stun teams
  • Options
    Sorry but useless info until EA change the way matches are arranged.
    Nothing will help a level 53 like me going up against level 58 toons in purple gear 6 battles in.
    GW is just another embarrassing mess from whoever designed this game, showing their lack of skills for coding balance.
    The sad thing is the achievement for new players will never be met until level 60 plus.
    More embarrassing is the lack of movement on this subject by the developers.
    This is the only MMO ( maybe apps don't really compare) that the player balance is so obviously flawed and yet week after week nothing gets fixed.
    Reminds me of Elite Dangerous and their fall from grace as the player base finally got fed up with the lack of design/game mechanics.
    Developers obviously tried and failed with GW, then scuttled off into some dark corner never to be seen again.
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Doesn't work.
    The combat log is fixed unless you change leaders or attack a different toon from the start.
    This will not beat an enemy 5 levels above you and in purple gear.
    I /lol at this ridiculous GW mechanic.
    Think tank just doesn't provide enough think, how can anyone get match balance wrong?
    You base it on player level.
    It just GW, it should be fun for players to go through.
    I've been playing GW since level opened for me.
    I have never got past fight 9, never.
    Now that I've levelled up, fight 6 is now my max ( fight 6 I'm facing enemy 5 levels higher)

If you level up, you just fight higher levels, if you gear up this caused your level to rise because of farming exp and you still fight enemy 5 levels higher.
    This is the most idiotah system I have ever come across, the fact that it has been left this way is disgusting.
    It only benefits those that have capped toons and gear that can run through it 2 times a day.
    New players like me miss out on so much, can't get the GW tokens, can't get the the ability materials, etc etc.
    So your toons stay weak due to the lack of ways to farm material Mk3 at the ridiculous drop rates.
    54 battles and 1 Mk 3 ability mat from cantina, how fair is that when you need multiples of 3 for any heroe skill.

Seriously, fix this, I feel embarrassed for the developers and it would be a top priority to fix.

• Song
    863 posts Member
    Options

for real? Tell me what Heroes u got ?

My main rooster (Sid,Dooku,Lumi, Daka, Cheww) i switch to JC if i need extra healer.

I have other lv60+ Phasma, kylo, boba, taila, Asaij Ventress, Savage opress, Five-555 (most are lv6-7gears). I use as B team to suicide.

On the first 6 battles i can win with just auto attack and just manually target their healer. I want to save time. 7-10th battles sometime it get too hard i need to use suicide squad to able to save some of my Heroes. I really dont want get any casualty (especially Dooku,Sid, Lumi).

You need to gear and stars your heroes.

I'm F2P.
  • Options
    there is a point where challenging becomes frustration, and I've reached that and passed it with GW. I wish it didn't exist.

And yet developers do nothing.
    New players suffer.
    Old players just /lol and tell us to learn to play.
    Frustration and player base leave.
    GW should be priority number one to fix balance.
  • Options
    I have 22 straight GW wins (no losses since my first win), but this topic has some tips that will make my life easier :smile:

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    When i was Lv51 i discovered about retreat/force close since then i have been dominated GW and won over 20times. Until recently they changed the GW and the first 3days i couldn't pass to 9th battles.

But i step up my A game and now i dominated GW again. I think the new GW updated was better because i can retreat to restart over again.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Nzchimeran wrote: »

New players suffer.

how come everyone can finish GW except you? lol Step up your game..
  • Options
    I am level 53and have been abel to finish fore the first time today.
    f2p butt one or to extra carecters can do a lott
  • Options
    I don't understand how other posters are being matched against overpowered opponents while that has been the opposite of my experience.

My average opponent is 10+ levels below my guys (lvl 58). Today's GW had the "tough teams" average ~ lvl 55. That's three below me. I use Bariss (L), Chewie, Sid, JC, and Lumi. Needless to say, I never used the retreat option, never lost a character, and rarely needed to heal (bariss' leader heal at the beginning of turns + group heal on attacks pretty much took care of everyone).

I think once the meta figures out how the opponents to GW are determined, it'll be easier. My suspicion is that gearing out characters and upping their power works against players in terms of GW opponents. (Obviously beneficial in arena, however.)
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    Nzchimeran wrote: »

New players suffer.

how come everyone can finish GW except you? lol Step up your game..

I can't either. Level 63. its my least favorite part of the game and I wouldn't touch it if it weren't for needing tokens.

I have:

Sid 7* Gear 8
    HK 5* Gear 7
    Kylo 5* Gear 7
    JC 6* Gear 7
    Phasma 5* Gear 7
    Lumi 5* Gear 7
    Vader 4* Gear 6
    Dooku 5* Gear 6

Those are my toons in the 60s. Never reached the last fight

• Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi need get 7 stars. Also those heroes( plasma, vader, hk, Kylo) is not good in GW. Just because they are good in arena doesn't mean in GW.

I use Sid 7*, Dooku 5*, lumi7* , daka6*, jc 4* and cheww

tips/ always attack Sids first and Since you have Dooku he will counter attack once Sid attack with demoralized blow.
  • Options
    Well I'm working on getting Daka. I guess me building to stay in the top 100 of arena set me back on GW
  • Options
    If you are 100% FTP, I don't believe you should be completing GW with consistency. This section of the game is to give benefit to those who have a large base of players to work from... My last 3 to 4 fights are nearly always full 7 star. Yes, I full clear, but GW should be seen as a progression...not a gimme to everyone.