Help on how to win GW every single day - Helpful for newcomers

Replies

• Options
    Stok3d wrote: »
    If you are 100% FTP, I don't believe you should be completing GW with consistency.
    So pay $s to gain consistency? Lol
  • Options
    If you are 100% FTP, I don't believe you should be completing GW with consistency. .

Just a little elitist there.
  • Options
    EDITED *BUMP*
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Not everyone create equal. They just think the game's problem prevent them from completed GW lol.

• Options
    Song wrote: »
    Not everyone create equal. They just think the game's problem prevent them from completed GW lol.

Not really, even with shty heros you can complete the GW because the game gives you opponent that are similar to your strength. And giving you harder opponent at the end.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Botan wrote: »
    Song wrote: »

Not really, even with shty heros you can complete the GW because the game gives you opponent that are similar to your strength. And giving you harder opponent at the end.

What im trying to say.. Every player is not create equal. Some people are bad in this game...

So i agree that you can win GW without spend money in this game.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    If you are 100% FTP, I don't believe you should be completing GW with consistency. This section of the game is to give benefit to those who have a large base of players to work from... My last 3 to 4 fights are nearly always full 7 star. Yes, I full clear, but GW should be seen as a progression...not a gimme to everyone.

i use the same 5 to complete every day.
    lumi, sid, daka, jc, dooku. at 47 wins now...43 of those are consecutive
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Maybe not for long, but for know in ordrer to change RNG and the outcome you can just change the positions of your heroes in your team. Dev explanations in spoiler.
    Random number seed – A random number seed is a common programming practice where one number is generated randomly, and then used for a bunch of subsequent calculations. We know there have been active discussions around the random number seed being saved at the start of a battle for a given squad that you bring in. The result of this approach is if you repeat the exact same actions you will get the exact same results. Some folks have interpreted that as meaning there is no randomness in the battle. It’s an important distinction to make between the randomness set at the start of a battle vs. a bunch of randomness re-rolled within the battle. That being said, we are still discussing the ideal way for this to work. Currently if you change positions of the members in your party, that will invoke a re-roll of the seed. So, some players are focusing in on that as their “strategy” in order to keep re-rolling the seed in order to get a desired result. That isn’t how the feature is meant to work. Stay tuned, and don’t be surprised if we make a change here.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6490/recent-change-to-galactic-war-open-conversation/p1
    You can also just change the skill you use first. It doesn't give a new seed but a different outcome.

2 tips to add with the OP "change target" and "change leader" tips.

FTP lvl 55 here and I usualy win GW.
  • Options
    good Tips!!

Beginers should read and understand and learn

not post and not understand why they are losing. it's all strategy and know how to play.

• Options
    Well I'm working on getting Daka. I guess me building to stay in the top 100 of arena set me back on GW

Daka isn't good in GW.

She's good in Dark Missions, but she's horrible in GW.

FYI. No disrespect. You're doing GW kinda in a blind way. good luck with daka.
  • Options
    Well I'm working on getting Daka. I guess me building to stay in the top 100 of arena set me back on GW

Daka isn't good in GW.

Daka has a double stun (without cooldown), a heal and a revive and is pretty fast. With the retreat= force close option. When you're having trouble you can retreat untill you get the double stun. Her level 62 gear also gives her 30% extra potency making the stun more reliable.
    Try giving advice on stuff you know...
  • Options

Daka isn't good in GW.

Daka has a double stun (without cooldown), a heal and a revive and is pretty fast. With the retreat= force close option. When you're having trouble you can retreat untill you get the double stun. Her level 62 gear also gives her 30% extra potency making the stun more reliable.

double stun isn't a given. but ok, she stuns. retreat till u get double stun is fine. no hate on your strategy. i'll use it myself in the future.

Let me take a look at my level 64 Daka... with skill levels 5-5-1-5 on her.

In Galatic War, should I stun or should I kill? With her speed, I'd like a little more damage. With her life, she needs to heal a lot more than Lumi / JC. I don't take much notice of revive. It's too sporadic for Daka.

Ok, so Galatic War, most if not mostly all use Sidious. Sidious doesn't Stun very well, so if you don't use Geono or some big DPS on him, he's gonna put a monkey wrench on your team with heal immune.

Ok, so what do I do? I win a lot of Galatic Wars on strategy. I use Ewok Elder. Oh, he heals (as much as Daka). He heals over heal immune. He revives someone on command (with 8 round cooldown, haha).

Galatic War I use Lumi and JC a lot. I don't have Barriss, maybe I can farm for her when I'm 69. i love that number, I bet a developer was thinkin of it as well when he programmed the best farm for GoH. Daka's good, maybe we can use her in first 5 fights when the enemy are easy. Hope her heal saves your heroes! And in the last 4 fights, hopefully he stun helps your heroes win Galatic War.

Peace out, P.

• Options

Daka isn't good in GW.

double stun isn't a given. but ok, she stuns. retreat till u get double stun is fine. no hate on your strategy. i'll use it myself in the future.

In Galatic War, should I stun or should I kill? With her speed, I'd like a little more damage. With her life, she needs to heal a lot more than Lumi / JC. I don't take much notice of revive. It's too sporadic for Daka.

Ok, so Galatic War, most if not mostly all use Sidious. Sidious doesn't Stun very well, so if you don't use Geono or some big DPS on him, he's gonna put a monkey wrench on your team with heal immune.

Ok, so what do I do? I win a lot of Galatic Wars on strategy. I use Ewok Elder. Oh, he heals (as much as Daka). He heals over heal immune. He revives someone on command (with 8 round cooldown, haha).

Galatic War I use Lumi and JC a lot. I don't have Barriss, maybe I can farm for her when I'm 69. i love that number, I bet a developer was thinkin of it as well when he programmed the best farm for GoH. Daka's good, maybe we can use her in first 5 fights when the enemy are easy. Hope her heal saves your heroes! And in the last 4 fights, hopefully he stun helps your heroes win Galatic War.

Peace out, P.

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Try farming ewok elder from the 1 node he got :s Takes twice as long as farming dooku.
    You don't target sidious with daka, you target the other dps. Sid almost always uses his aoe first round so no heal immunity. Kill sidious, heal up and you might even get another stun with daka. You have lumi and JC for healing, you don't have to rely on daka's heal.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Don't waste your time on him. Its the same guy that think AI is a live player lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/68986/#Comment_68986

Post edited by Jsnazz on
  • Options
    If you are 100% FTP, I don't believe you should be completing GW with consistency. This section of the game is to give benefit to those who have a large base of players to work from... My last 3 to 4 fights are nearly always full 7 star. Yes, I full clear, but GW should be seen as a progression...not a gimme to everyone.

Kinda agree, sadly it is meant to further the GAP between f2p n p2p even further.

Which game raise level cap too barely a month after launch?

It will be hard for f2p to ever catch up.

The only way is to focus and train good heroes for GW. I suggest Sid, Lumi, Jc, Daka, GS and if you can Dooku.

• Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Why
    Don't waste your time on him. Its the same guy that think AI is a live player lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/68986/#Comment_68986

AI is a live player? are u serious?

I play PvP for 5 games. Why would I think PvP is playing live? insane.

A live player set the roster. The roster is fighting another opponent.

The AI controls the opponent's roster based on RNG.

Why do I think AI is a live player? I don't.
  • Options

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Try farming ewok elder from the 1 node he got :s Takes twice as long as farming dooku.
    You don't target sidious with daka, you target the other dps. Sid almost always uses his aoe first round so no heal immunity. Kill sidious, heal up and you might even get another stun with daka. You have lumi and JC for healing, you don't have to rely on daka's heal.

I farm Dooku daily too. 2 missions = 6 chances to get Dooku's shards.
    1 mission for Ewok Elder = 3 chances to get Ewok Elder's shards.

My Dooku is 4 stars. I try for more. Everyday. But 4 stars is still darn powerful.
    My Ewok Elder is 3 stars. I try for more. everyday. But 3 stars is still darn powerful.

U dont' need more stars for buff/debull heroes. Like Ben Kenobi, he's good at 4 stars because his debuff is still same at 4 stars. Like Vader at 4 stars, his debuff is still deadly. Like ... who else example do u want?

• Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Why

thanks for stalking me.

I look at your last 10 replies to various threads. u like to comment and not help community? lots of unconstructive comments? how about giving the forums more info and less snide remarks?
  • Options
    Main 5 are 7* Sid 6* JC 5* Phasma 5* Kylo 5* Lumi

5* Hk in reserve. I'm a free to play scrub with a meager bench. Yeah. I've not completed it once. I've tried so many strategies and at this point it is sucking enjoyment from the game.
    5* Lumi, there's what you're doing wrong. ;-) Get her up to 7* and obviously max abilities, much like Jedi "healeroni spammeroni" Consular.

Another useful TIP is to train your trigger finger to quickly force-quit the game. There will be that one moment where you misclick that Luminara heal and subsequently get eradicated entirely before you get to move again. I had this happen once and it scared the living dead out of me.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I look at your last 10 replies to various threads.

thanks for stalking me.
    I lol'd

• Options

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

My Dooku is 4 stars. I try for more. Everyday. But 4 stars is still darn powerful.
    My Ewok Elder is 3 stars. I try for more. everyday. But 3 stars is still darn powerful.

U dont' need more stars for buff/debull heroes. Like Ben Kenobi, he's good at 4 stars because his debuff is still same at 4 stars. Like Vader at 4 stars, his debuff is still deadly. Like ... who else example do u want?

Uh I responded because you said Daka is horrible. I never said the buffs aren't usefull at lower levels.
    But the topic of this thread is: GW help for newcomers.
    Just try to farm ewok elder at 1 shard per day. It takes almost 2 months for new players to get him to 3 stars. Sure his buff is the same as when he is 7 stars, but we're talking about gw. His buff is the same but he gets oneshotted at 3*, that won't do any good in gw.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Uh I responded because you said Daka is horrible. I never said the buffs aren't usefull at lower levels.
    Just try to farm ewok elder at 1 shard per day. It takes almost 2 months for new players to get him to 3 stars. Sure his buff is the same as when he is 7 stars, but we're talking about gw. His buff is the same but he gets oneshotted at 3*, that won't do any good in gw.

So I recently just made a new account, it is just hitting 40...I have farmed ewok elder every day for 3 tries and I have put all of my cantina stuff into farming daka...looks like I will definitely have ewok elder before I have daka...

On my main account t I hit level 60 less than a week before they increased level cap, my ewok elder was at 4 stars before level 70 came out, and whilst he does occasionally get 1shot (this happens to basically all of my characters at some point even though they are 7*, that is just how this game is, if you get unlucky with a qui gon start etc one of your guys is gone) you are looking at retreating less than 5 times a day almost every day, and him dying is the only reason you need to, like if lumi or jc get killed you just revive them instead of having to retreat and try all over again.
  • Options
    I know it's absolutely possible to do well at GW as F2P becasuse I haven't lost one since the first couple I tried. By the time I was mid to late 40's I've been passing every day.

Rumor has it that on reddit the devs said something about the difficulty being tied to arena rank and your power. I don't know the details, but my arena rank is fairly low (I just try to stay below 500) and while I'm level 62, my toons are levels 50-54. My top toons have VI or VII gear and 4-5 on their abilities and my Lumi, Phasma and Sid are all 6 star, JC just hit 5 star yesterday and I use a 4 star Chewie, 3 star Han, 4 star Daka and 3 star GS quite a bit. I don't know for sure how the matchups work in GW, but I've always had a feeling that not maxing levels and not being super aggressive in arena has helped make GW easier.

As F2P there's going to be some sort of sacrifice you'll have to make, and I'm choosing to not excel at arena to make GW easier.
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

Daka isn't good in GW.

Peace out, P.

So I recently just made a new account, it is just hitting 40...I have farmed ewok elder every day for 3 tries and I have put all of my cantina stuff into farming daka...looks like I will definitely have ewok elder before I have daka...

On my main account t I hit level 60 less than a week before they increased level cap, my ewok elder was at 4 stars before level 70 came out, and whilst he does occasionally get 1shot (this happens to basically all of my characters at some point even though they are 7*, that is just how this game is, if you get unlucky with a qui gon start etc one of your guys is gone) you are looking at retreating less than 5 times a day almost every day, and him dying is the only reason you need to, like if lumi or jc get killed you just revive them instead of having to retreat and try all over again.

Ewok elder unlocks at 2 stars, with a drop rate of 30% (this seems to be the norm) you'll get him in 25 days. You can get Daka at 4* in 16 days (with one cantina refill per day). You just started farming elder earlier cantina unlocks at level 28 or something.
    My guess is the newcomers looking into this thread just stumbled upon gw and looking for tips now. So they'll probably be around level 42. I don't know if it's worth to start farming ewok elder at level 42. It doesn't hurt your progression too much, but will he be of use when you finally obtain him?
  • Options
    Totally forgot ewok elder :sweat_smile: He is really useful if you have him because he has a chance to revive a dead hero with his heal and also he has an ability that will guarantee pick up a dead hero. Sometimes I take him in for the last 2-3 battles if they are tough.
  • Options
    Cba to read all this to see if anyone put it already but I have a good tip someone on the forum left somewhere
    I had sid dooku chewie luminara and daka, still couldn't win, restarted, still couldn't win, used b team, still couldn't win
    Then under some beautiful humans instruction leveled consular to 58 and upgraded his heal to lvl 6, meaning only a two turn cooldown
    Swapped him for chewie and won every GW since! (all two of them)
  • Options
    W0NDERWA11 wrote: »
    Cba to read all this to see if anyone put it already but I have a good tip someone on the forum left somewhere
    I had sid dooku chewie luminara and daka, still couldn't win, restarted, still couldn't win, used b team, still couldn't win
    Then under some beautiful humans instruction leveled consular to 58 and upgraded his heal to lvl 6, meaning only a two turn cooldown
    Swapped him for chewie and won every GW since! (all two of them)

Yep already mentioned. Read the part about how many healers is good and which ones to bring for more info.
  • Options
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm a level 61 and I've never gone past battle 10 in Galactic War. I always get a enemy team that's 4 or more levels higher then me and they all go first and stun me and I get like 3-5 turns in total, most of which are dodged, and then my team is just wiped out. I just don't get a chance to do anything of consequence.

I mostly use:
    4* Daka
    5* Luminara
    5* Sid
    4* Phasma (leader)
    5* Luke
    -They're ALL level 60-61, purple gear and level 3-5 in A&A.

As a backup I have:
    4* Mace lv 60
    4* Chewie lv 54
    3* Savage lv 54
    3* Talia lv 53
    3* JC lv 53
    4* Boba Fett lv 49
    4* Landro Calrissian lv 45
    3* IG-86 lv 43

Then I have plenty of lower powered characters that I use as a suicide squad (1-4* and lv 36-42), but it dosn't make a difference.

How can I beat a team when I barely get any turns?
  • Options
    Ok nevermind... I guess it's just luck! I just won my first galactic war!!! :) I didn't face any OP opponents! Yay!!!
  • Options
    How is the difficulty of galactic wars decided? Like the level of the opponents and everything.