Help on how to win GW every single day - Helpful for newcomers

Replies

• Options
    Funny, I've had it easy since the update and since my Team keeps growing it just keeps ketting easier every day. Today I finished GW with only one retreat somewhere in the middle to get better results. It also stopped being as tedious when they changed the retreat function, now I just replay a battle once or twice if it doesn't go well enough, most times it's not a problem. The Key for me is to have several healers, one or two won't cut it. I run 7* Asajj as lead (who can heal...sort of), 7* Talia (Healer), 6* Lumi (Healer), 7*Daka (Yup, another Healer) and a 5* Dooku. Smooth sailing every day, I just sub in some more heavy hitters the last three battles because it's more fun...
  • Options
    Oh, and level 68, the Toons I use are between 60-67. Haven't lost a single war since the update.
  • Options
    Get to a battle in GW with the opposition leading with Phasma. I decide to throw my Phasma in as lead.

Do most of the battle one time and I didn't have a single bonus attack while the AI and I believe ten. Retreat/restart and The AI got about 5 in the first 7 moves and I had zero. Got down to one character left and I had 1 bonus attack while the AI had about ten again.

No AI boost though!! THE SAME CHARACTER SKILL and hugely different results both times. Interesting how I got 0 and 1 while the AI seemed to have got ten both times. About to restart it and I'll throw in even different characters to see if it is the exact same result.

RNG though!

• CptKloss
    110 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    But but...there is an "RNG" sticky! It defeats all whining! You have no arguments! RNG sticky wins!
    RNG sticky DOES NOT have increased dodge rate!
  • Options
    Not true Im doing research for 2 months counting Every dodge, bonus attack from Phasma, crucial resisted And revives with some values.
    Right now I have had about 11% More dodges, AI had 7% More bonus attacks, I had 70% More revives(34-20) and AI has 8,5% More crucial resisted(which are the only thing thats chosen by Me so can be flawed)
    Also one time my Daka revived 5 of my toons in the same battle, Lumi 3 times which saved my GW
    Im level 67 F2P Beating GW Every Day since mid december with a roster of Phasma, Sid, Kylo, Lumi And Fives/JC/Dooku
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    I run Lumi, Sid, JC, Kylo and Daka/Phasma at level 64 and can get through most GWs without losing a single character.

My server is chock full of whales, pretty much everyone in the top 200 is a paying player, most of the top 100 are 24k+ and field fully geared squads. The only reason it's possible is the AI is poor and stunlocking wins GW.....arena is a different fish altogether.

Are u implying that GW has different servers than ARENA? That's wrong. There is ONE server in the entire world. O.N.E. In Arena (pvP), there are MULTIPLE leaderboards. You may be in one of 200. In GW, there is only ONE server. Your enemies come from all leaderboards. You get opponents from entire world, entire server, entire game. There is NO "my server" at work here. Don't think u are in a harder server for GW, you need compassion. NO, you are in ONE server. Which leaderboard is random. No need to worry or say anything= it is assigned, like ur parents. u can't choose them or choose ur race. "My server" ... sound like u are a plantation owner

Do you even English?
  • Options
    So you encountered 20 AI revives in total of 720 GW battles eh? God bless you!
  • Options
    jfgibson wrote: »
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    GW pull from all servers so you're pulling battles from all player created teams. I think 2 or 3 healer team comps are pretty common to go through GW to mitigate damage. When you get to higher levels you will run into some POE/FOTP/GS teams that you need to send a suicide squad into to put Poe/Poggle on cooldown and occasionally you will have to swap out Talia or JC for some higher dmg chars but other than that Lumi/JC are my staples as well for GW

I'm just wondering why my battles are oh so easy. Toughest opponents are two levels higher with lvl 5 gear, super easy mode. My goal each day is not to finish, but to finish with the original squad at 100% health.

You will likely get a challenge at some point - just depends on what teams you get matched up against. Once you start getting one or more Poe / Jinn / GS / FOTP teams in your pool you'll feel some serious difficulty. I had 3 of those maxed Poe teams in 1 GW, nodes 5, 9, 10 that I recall. In between were difficult teams to come away really clean like Phasma leader, FOTP, GS, Sid, and Daka / Dooku / Kylo for example. I had most of my roster dead after that GW. Had exactly one good team viable for the last node. Sure in GW Poe is less effective once you suicide remove his taunt, but GS / Jinn / FOTP with those assist calls and high damage can OHKO multiple of your heroes without Poe's taunt no problem - especially Sid / JC / Talia / Lumi that have decent heath, but for sure are not tanks. The most Poe team's I've had since is two in one GW and it's not every GW that I even get one. The earliest I had a Poe speed team was node 4..that had me very worried as that's so early to be putting that type of pressure on the roster depth. Luckily I didn't have another one that GW. Just be happy with your success so far and don't tempt the RNG Gods :) There are some really evil team comps lurking in the shadows my friend.
  • Options
    I signed up in to the forums to check if others were seeing this as I was. I read in another post your arena rank top performance determines your GW play through. I got top 20 once back in December and regular 40-50, but it has become a struggle to retain a top 100 after the last patch. But now, I'm happy if I can get to the node that will total 800 GW shards. I'm only level 54. In the last 4 days I've gotten node 7,8,8,8. Looking at node 9 now, which killed my A&B team (7* lumi, 4* baris, 6*Jc, 4*doku, 6* assaj, all purple gear) level 64.

Gangdummitman. I guess it'll be awhile before I can max out my Lumi and Phasma!

Did servers merge or did I just miss something huge, I was in the same level range as the top 50 players for a few weeks, and now people are 10-13 ahead of me. (I believe I rolled on a new server in December. I have completed all quest everyday and refresh cantina and energy once a day for gear and shards)
  • Options
    Today I got several 60+ teams in a row. Couldn't finish. But I finish most days. My arena team is 20k, I am right around rank 200.
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Well I am at 49/50 gw completions for achievement. Maybe the game wants me to actually earn the 50th completion for once with a good challenge. I will say that prior to today gw has been cakewalk. I guess now it begins for me.
  • Options
    Yeah totally random..
    [img][/img]29wv3aw.png
  • Options
    I'm lvl 66, f2p real random
  • Options
    SFunaro wrote: »
    I'm lvl 66, f2p real random

Noone said it was random...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I have never fought anyone with 7* in GW. I have done 25 in a row and I'm lvl 65.
    It's random, but influenced by your 5 strongest guys and your server's arena power. My server is new, and I don't have 7* guys, I have spread out a bit.
    Those in older server with 5 maxed guys will face much harder competition
  • Options
    Yeah totally random..
    [img][/img]29wv3aw.png

@SFunaro that is not that hard to beat. I get these in the last 3 nodes everyday. This team is f2p and I don't think there is a problem. It is the 11th node ffs.
    I see all the whining in these forums and tbh, I am tired of that. Yes sometimes, but only SOMETIMES, you can get something that is considered OP or hard to pass through. I haven't had any of these yet. Yes I haven't completed GW couple of times, but it wasn't because of the other team, but by my poor decisions.
    There are plenty of videos that can serve you well and help you.
    One last thing - It appears that the whiners are a group of people that have been playing this game for 2-3 weeks or so, and the problem is not that they are facing tough opponent but that they don't know what to do and what team to use.
    I get that you are upset, but instead of searching for advice here, the only thing you do is to complain how GW has became unfair. Don't you understand - the problem is in you. How come the other players haven't complain once here?
    Don't want to be rude, but most of the guys here don't know what they are doing, and the easiest way is not to search for solution but to whine.
    Well it is sad for you, cuz I am just fine here and have been completing GW daily with absolutely no problems at all. You don't listen what you have been told and you thing that the only right way is your way. Spend some time to read some guides and watch some videos. PM to someone who has an idea of this game. Stop whinging and start playing.
  • Crymsonkyng
    789 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    GxAn5Jbh.jpg
    This is after facing 3 teams of all 7* toons already. I only have 3.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Those teams are absolutely brutal. The much-deserved nerfing of Poe, FOTP and I hope Leia cannot come soon enough.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    It's not easy to be krill.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Pelor55 wrote: »
    So today in GW I am lvl 58 fighting lvl 65+ so ea how are you to win even if you are p2p be a whale ? Going crazy

Your not suppsoed to win.
    The devs said this already.........

GW was meant to be endgame content, meant to be extreemly difficult, meant to not be completed till your rdy.

Once your lvl is up enough and your roster is deep enough and you have enough gear/stars, GW will be a breeze but until then, its meant to be too tough to conplete
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Once your lvl is up enough and your roster is deep enough and you have enough gear/stars, GW will be a breeze but until then, its meant to be too tough to conplete

Well it never used to be like this. I completed it regularly from level 40 on, and I am no whale. Everything went down the **** when they removed proper strategy from GW and replaced it with "legitimized force closing". And they've amped up the difficulty in matchmaking as well.
    I feel bad for newer players.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Next round DdtUr2q.jpg

• Options
    And after that5JAMnXT.jpg
  • Options
    Finally this...at least they only 64 this timekkLmDeO.jpg
  • Options
    Do U restart the battle with gull hp or do it restarts where i left of?
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    Yeah totally random..
    [img][/img]29wv3aw.png

@SFunaro that is not that hard to beat. I get these in the last 3 nodes everyday. This team is f2p and I don't think there is a problem. It is the 11th node ffs.
    I see all the whining in these forums and tbh, I am tired of that. Yes sometimes, but only SOMETIMES, you can get something that is considered OP or hard to pass through. I haven't had any of these yet. Yes I haven't completed GW couple of times, but it wasn't because of the other team, but by my poor decisions.
    There are plenty of videos that can serve you well and help you.
    One last thing - It appears that the whiners are a group of people that have been playing this game for 2-3 weeks or so, and the problem is not that they are facing tough opponent but that they don't know what to do and what team to use.
    I get that you are upset, but instead of searching for advice here, the only thing you do is to complain how GW has became unfair. Don't you understand - the problem is in you. How come the other players haven't complain once here?
    Don't want to be rude, but most of the guys here don't know what they are doing, and the easiest way is not to search for solution but to whine.
    Well it is sad for you, cuz I am just fine here and have been completing GW daily with absolutely no problems at all. You don't listen what you have been told and you thing that the only right way is your way. Spend some time to read some guides and watch some videos. PM to someone who has an idea of this game. Stop whinging and start playing.

Unfortunately for your intent is you sound awful and rude, been playing since turkey day. I'm 66 they are 70 max gear. Grow up and l2read
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

Well it never used to be like this. I completed it regularly from level 40 on, and I am no whale. Everything went down the **** when they removed proper strategy from GW and replaced it with "legitimized force closing". And they've amped up the difficulty in matchmaking as well.
    I feel bad for newer players.

I did too, thats why they changed it (the devs said this in response to the update). They said it was never meant to be completed daily etc. it was meant to be a tough challenge and was even meant to be tough for endgame players. Thats the point i think. If your not endgame with a deep/geared/starred roster then your not supposed to be able to complete it daily.

For the record, we wont agree on this i bet but the old way retreat wroked where u basically git the AI to blow all their soecials so they were gimped, ran an hid, then loaded up again and you were full rdy for action and the AI was gimped waiting on cooldowns was not "strategy". It was a cowardly trick used to cover up subpar teams. Thats why the devs got rid of that feature cause they said "retreat was never meant to be used that way". Strategy comes into play when you retreat now and test dif team combos aginst a fully functional team not a crippled one that blew its specials.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Your restart and both teams are fully operational, no tricks, no exploits, no gimiks.

Just strategy in team selection and testing