Help on how to win GW every single day - Helpful for newcomers

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Once your lvl is up enough and your roster is deep enough and you have enough gear/stars, GW will be a breeze but until then, its meant to be too tough to conplete

Well it never used to be like this. I completed it regularly from level 40 on, and I am no whale. Everything went down the **** when they removed proper strategy from GW and replaced it with "legitimized force closing". And they've amped up the difficulty in matchmaking as well.
    I feel bad for newer players.

I did too, thats why they changed it (the devs said this in response to the update). They said it was never meant to be completed daily etc. it was meant to be a tough challenge and was even meant to be tough for endgame players. Thats the point i think. If your not endgame with a deep/geared/starred roster then your not supposed to be able to complete it daily.

For the record, we wont agree on this i bet but the old way retreat wroked where u basically git the AI to blow all their soecials so they were gimped, ran an hid, then loaded up again and you were full rdy for action and the AI was gimped waiting on cooldowns was not "strategy". It was a cowardly trick used to cover up subpar teams. Thats why the devs got rid of that feature cause they said "retreat was never meant to be used that way". Strategy comes into play when you retreat now and test dif team combos aginst a fully functional team not a crippled one that blew its specials.

I find your use of adjectives like " cowardly" amusing.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Once your lvl is up enough and your roster is deep enough and you have enough gear/stars, GW will be a breeze but until then, its meant to be too tough to conplete

Well it never used to be like this. I completed it regularly from level 40 on, and I am no whale. Everything went down the **** when they removed proper strategy from GW and replaced it with "legitimized force closing". And they've amped up the difficulty in matchmaking as well.
    I feel bad for newer players.

I did too, thats why they changed it (the devs said this in response to the update). They said it was never meant to be completed daily etc. it was meant to be a tough challenge and was even meant to be tough for endgame players. Thats the point i think. If your not endgame with a deep/geared/starred roster then your not supposed to be able to complete it daily.

For the record, we wont agree on this i bet but the old way retreat wroked where u basically git the AI to blow all their soecials so they were gimped, ran an hid, then loaded up again and you were full rdy for action and the AI was gimped waiting on cooldowns was not "strategy". It was a cowardly trick used to cover up subpar teams. Thats why the devs got rid of that feature cause they said "retreat was never meant to be used that way". Strategy comes into play when you retreat now and test dif team combos aginst a fully functional team not a crippled one that blew its specials.

I find your use of adjectives like " cowardly" amusing.

Haha, i try to make it fun as best i can haha
    Gld you liked it :)
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Per dev on Reddit:

[–]im-not-really-a-jedi 2 points 1 day ago
    It's not like we match you against disproportionate opponents: e.g. I'm #4 on a new server, therefore I'm matched against a #4 on a day-1 server. That would be brutal!
    Like I said, there are things going on behind the scenes, all I said is that we take your highest rank AND your top 5 most powerful characters. From there, we figure your opponents. How it is weighted, what has priority, and how we actually figure your opponents.... well, I can't discuss that :(
    We are constantly balancing they system and it continues to improve over time. :)

So first of all, why they can't post this on THEIR OWN FORUMS is beyond me...second, if you EVER got a high arena ranking, you are forever screwed:

[–]im-not-really-a-jedi 2 points 1 day ago
    This was always the design, there was a problem that was preventing that from happening for a while and that was fixed a little while back. The intent never changed :)
    Highest rank, ever.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Aquilla wrote: »
    Do U restart the battle with gull hp or do it restarts where i left of?
    Before the GW Update it was restarts where you left....After the update couple weeks ago. It restart the battle with full hp.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    Before the GW Update it was restarts where you left....After the update couple weeks ago. It restart the battle with full hp.

Not necessarily full hp. It restarts the battle to the point where it's like you stepped into it for the first time. If your entire team was at 10% health when you entered the match, lumi and jc healed up everyone, you killed 4/5 of the enemy and they killed 1 of yours so you decide to retreat... You now enter the battle back at 10% health. The enemy is still full hp because they were full when the battle started.

• Options
    GxAn5Jbh.jpg
    This is after facing 3 teams of all 7* toons already. I only have 3.

I complained about this about 2 weeks ago. The only way to not lose A-team is design fodder that can last long enough to absorb specials. AI will detect if your char can be killed with regular so get then to a level that wastest at least Poe's taunt and one Assist. Leia has been fixed in that she no longer Offenses Up all chars. If you have Dooku freeze Leia first before she hides.

• Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    @Crymsonkyng

You should be proud to face those enemy, not many folks in here have the ball to face them. lol

Here is mine on Battle 10th, then battle 11 & 12 i face some 6-7*stars luckily the synergies wasn't that strong.

jyxCrIz.png
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »

Not necessarily full hp. It restarts the battle to the point where it's like you stepped into it for the first time. If your entire team was at 10% health when you entered the match, lumi and jc healed up everyone, you killed 4/5 of the enemy and they killed 1 of yours so you decide to retreat... You now enter the battle back at 10% health. The enemy is still full hp because they were full when the battle started.

you make it more confused lol..
  • Options
    Your restart and both teams are fully operational, no tricks, no exploits, no gimiks.

Just strategy in team selection and testing

Exactly. Move positions around, change your attack order, swap out toons, ect. It basically gives you a blank slate to retry.

My run is brutal daily so I use it to switch up even when I'm about to win. To try and avoid using a heal, or special, or to leave with more health or simply to test another team against a strong build from square one(My favorite)
  • Options
    Pelor55 wrote: »
    So today in GW I am lvl 58 fighting lvl 65+ so ea how are you to win even if you are p2p be a whale ? Going crazy

It's a challenge. Get on with it. Stop whining.

There is a point where challenging becomes frustrating. Thats when its gone too far. I'm level 66 and GW is a daily drag for me. I'm always out between battles 8-10. Never made it to 11
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I have never fought anyone with 7* in GW. I have done 25 in a row and I'm lvl 65.
    It's random, but influenced by your 5 strongest guys and your server's arena power. My server is new, and I don't have 7* guys, I have spread out a bit.
    Those in older server with 5 maxed guys will face much harder competition

Thats my problem then. And why i'll probably never win a GW. I'm on one of the oldest servers. GW should have NOTHING to do with Arena
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    You face the best teams in the galaxy and if yours isn't one then you deserve not to complete GW.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

you make it more confused lol..

What exactly are you confused about? Remember when you first started the match? Your characters health, their cooldowns, etc? That's all exactly the same when you retreat. It's like you never entered the match to begin with. It doesn't matter what happened during the fight. If one of your characters died, or if one of the enemy died. When you retreat, everyone is exactly the same as if you never stepped foot in there to begin with. By retreating, nobody suddenly gets full health or any bonuses. The fight just never happened.

Does that help?
  • Options
    Mizo wrote: »
    You face the best teams in the galaxy and if yours isn't one then you deserve not to complete GW.

So you shouldn't be able to complete GW unless you are one of the best teams??? How about no
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I have never fought anyone with 7* in GW. I have done 25 in a row and I'm lvl 65.
    It's random, but influenced by your 5 strongest guys and your server's arena power. My server is new, and I don't have 7* guys, I have spread out a bit.
    Those in older server with 5 maxed guys will face much harder competition

Thats my problem then. And why i'll probably never win a GW. I'm on one of the oldest servers. GW should have NOTHING to do with Arena

Do you have 5 7* characters? Lumi, sidious, who else?
  • Options
    7* Sid
    5* Lumi
    6* HK
    6* Kylo
    6* JC
    4* Dooku
    4* Vader

Yeah No Daka
    Working on her
  • Options
    GxAn5Jbh.jpg
    This is after facing 3 teams of all 7* toons already. I only have 3.

I complained about this about 2 weeks ago. The only way to not lose A-team is design fodder that can last long enough to absorb specials. AI will detect if your char can be killed with regular so get then to a level that wastest at least Poe's taunt and one Assist. Leia has been fixed in that she no longer Offenses Up all chars. If you have Dooku freeze Leia first before she hides.

Thats funny....because both levels, even resetting rng, Leia offended up all characters very time. Might not be as fixed as they say
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    If I fight this last battle do I automatically have to wait 24 hours again?
    Is it worth it I only have 1 battle left...
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Sean_B
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fight your last battle you can reset after

Edit My experience is from a few updates ago but I do not believe this has changed
  • Options
    No, you can finish AND restart. Do both.
  • Options
    Thanks for the fast reply!

I was so happy, then I realized my units are still dead :s
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Kaninchen wrote: »
    No, you can finish AND restart. Do both.

^^^^
  • Options
    Pelor55 wrote: »
    So today in GW I am lvl 58 fighting lvl 65+ so ea how are you to win even if you are p2p be a whale ? Going crazy

It's just bad luck. I had it in the first 30 GW or so...!!! Only thing that could possibly help you would be a suicide squad going first and also having a backup team, because it's unlikely you'll win otherwise.