Is Boba Fett remotely viable now/meta?

Replies

• Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Personally I don't care if people say he wasn't viable, I disagree entirely. I enjoy running a scoundrel team and when Dengar would call him to assist it either killed the target or took a nice chunk of health. Maybe I've been fighting low level guys, I'm not sure. In my opinion if you mod him right, or just enjoy using him, he's viable. Can't wait to try him out once the update drops. Does anyone know if this re-work is coming with this update, or later in December?

Tomorrow
  • @Lifeazure Ah thanks bud, gives me something to look forward to for tomorrow!
  • This will be interesting to see what happens to bounty hunters as a whole
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Personally I don't care if people say he wasn't viable, I disagree entirely. I enjoy running a scoundrel team and when Dengar would call him to assist it either killed the target or took a nice chunk of health. Maybe I've been fighting low level guys, I'm not sure. In my opinion if you mod him right, or just enjoy using him, he's viable. Can't wait to try him out once the update drops. Does anyone know if this re-work is coming with this update, or later in December?

It's going live when everyone has the update.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    This will be interesting to see what happens to bounty hunters as a whole
    Vertigo322 wrote: »

It's going live when everyone has the update.

Since they released the update to the stores yesterday, I am crossing my fingers that today will be the boba update!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • No, he wont be viable - compare him to the last mace update..
  • Thinking about it now, I guess it depends on who you ask if he will be viable. To me, both he and Mace are viable. Someone in a higher tier will probably say no...soooo there is the issue.
  • I don't know HOW viable, but he's definitely a counter to SRP.

Revive THAT!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • I can't imagine how these small changes would help Boba. He always opens with AOE, so that doesn't care about active taunts. And he's slow, so whenever he gets around to attacking again doesn't really matter, the match has already been decided. He already had auto-revive, but it was already a non-issue because you just hit him again and he falls right back down, this doesn't seem like it changes anything. They should give him full TM and cooldown reset on revive, so when he pops back up he immediately hits somebody with Execute (if that's any good).
    I'll reserve judgement until I see him in action, but the description doesn't sound game-changing.
  • Ok guys so the update is live, and I tried my Boba which is level 83, gear 8, fully modded.
    The character seems completely different.
    - The basic attack is a rifle attack that can hit multiple times, but it does less damage for me than his previous single rocket shot. Its very similar to Dengar's basic attack.
    - Survivability has increased massively with his revive buff. He can revive each time with full health, unlimited times.
    - His leader ability seems to add many more bonuses to scoundrels (massive health boost, etc).

The main thing is I still dont know if this would be a meta character. He is still a weak attacker, weak AOE, etc. Very similar to Dengar now (minus the minibombs buffs).
    I just am not experienced enough to figure out where he should be placed.

Also his stats dont seem amazing to me, he doesnt have the health & defense of a tank, but lacks the power of a DPS or good AOE (like IG88, Lando, etc).

Very interesting rework, completely different character it seems, but I just dont know if he is viable now.
  • I'm up to gear 11 and am now 1st in a December server with him as lead if that helps answer the question!
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    Ok guys so the update is live, and I tried my Boba which is level 83, gear 8, fully modded.
    - The basic attack is a rifle attack that can hit multiple times, but it does less damage for me than his previous single rocket shot. Its very similar to Dengar's basic attack.
    - Survivability has increased massively with his revive buff. He can revive each time with full health, unlimited times.
    - His leader ability seems to add many more bonuses to scoundrels (massive health boost, etc).

The main thing is I still dont know if this would be a meta character. He is still a weak attacker, weak AOE, etc. Very similar to Dengar now (minus the minibombs buffs).

Also his stats dont seem amazing to me, he doesnt have the health & defense of a tank, but lacks the power of a DPS or good AOE (like IG88, Lando, etc).

Very interesting rework, completely different character it seems, but I just dont know if he is viable now.

Lol a weak attacker? What kool aid have you been sipping?

A basic that can hit twice and inflict DOT I'm
    Double tapping for 20k on basic. Yet alone execute that can hit over 40k and one shot toons but he's a weak attacker lol
  • @xReDeMpx shhhh, don't tell anyone
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    Ok guys so the update is live, and I tried my Boba which is level 83, gear 8, fully modded.

Well, no. He hits hard, and really do not need much health as he have reliable revive.
    Met him in arena today, not as leader... It was bad for me =\
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Noe17 wrote: »
    Boba not viable.

Imo anybody that can sit comfortably in top 20 with the rebel/speed meta etc. etc. is viable. Now after the update he's OP as heck lol. Should probably hit number 1 soon.

I already thought his leader ability was borderline OP. I figured they would scrap it after the rework. Not only did they keep it... They ADDED to it! Lol. Plus so much more. He even revives at FULL health lol

And he's even faster than st han to boot! Jesus
  • @Chewplebcca that's where I am right now, my biggest crit so far is 61k and more is Defo possible, speed 198 but room for some more. I used to have another name!
  • @Chewplebcca I thought you might come around....

My God he's sweet now
  • HobaFett wrote: »
    @Chewplebcca that's where I am right now, my biggest crit so far is 61k and more is Defo possible, speed 198 but room for some more. I used to have another name!

Got mine at 215 speed with his new leader ability of +25 speed for each debuffed enemy he can get to 275 speed
  • @DeeRod12 wow! That is fast! I need some better secondaries desperately! What I really want is a heavily buffed opponent to see if the 100k execute is possible! I mean it must be based on the damage I'm seeing so far. I'm not having much luck on defence with him as a leader though, have ended up putting Rex back in and dropping Anakin
  • Why is Boba considered the greatest bounty hunter in Star Wars when all it took was a bump from a blind guy into his rocket pack to send him hurdling to his death?

Because Hans luck had yet to run out.
  • He's class now.
  • The only thing that makes him bitter/sweet is that I'm no longer in the quirky Boba club, will break my heart seeing him creeping into other teams :lol:
  • https://swgoh.gg/squads/22364/

Full potency.
    Damage crit/speed/potency

That is to say +150/175% hp
    186% damage crit
    And more or less all at +170 speed

That s a gift
    You can thank the galette style power
    @DeeRod12 wow! That is fast! I need some better secondaries desperately! What I really want is a heavily buffed opponent to see if the 100k execute is possible! I mean it must be based on the damage I'm seeing so far. I'm not having much luck on defence with him as a leader though, have ended up putting Rex back in and dropping Anakin

Lol it might be I'll mess with him though not sure what to really do with everyone else haha I'll probably work on OGhan and put him in instead of dengar
  • @DeeRod12 I think his unique leader ability is only bounty hunters now and not all scoundrels. He seems to now hate scoundrels :lol:

Have you seen anything higher than 61k execute yet?
    I'm up to gear 11 and am now 1st in a December server with him as lead if that helps answer the question!

What team are u running?

Some people say he's good even as a non leader. Mine is g9, but I'm gonna max him very soon.
  • @SpeedRacer I've had to sack him off as leader, it just wasn't holding on defence, I think it prob needs a solid Shoretrooper or sun fac to work or even a bounty hunter team.

Holding solidly now with Rex lead, Boba, Lando, St Han, Palpatine. You know he's good when you drop a maxed Anakin for him!
  • He's weak. I killed him with Mob Enforcer. Twice.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    He still is. His attacks remain the same except that he is immune to Baze/ST's auto-taunt and revives if he's defeated at a early stage. that's all.

It's like buffing JKG to Mace's level. Still s-u-c-k-i-s-h

Remains the same?

Double-attack on his basic (Carbine) with added Dots.

Death from Above Ability Blocks the selected target for 2 turns, the rest 1.

Execute dispels all status effects and does extra damage PER status effect removed. Enemies defeated by Execute CANNOT be revived.

Bounty Hunters Resolve ignores Taunt and did you notice the improved Leadership-ability Dead or Alive with the Bounty Hunter-Synergy?

My Bounty-Hunter Squad has never been as successful in Arena as before!
  • What about :
    Lando (L)
    Boba, speed mods to dispel Shoretrooper and the like
    Wiggs brother
    5th (StHan ?)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • It's good to see Boba being Anti-Scoundrel now that the correct tag has been implemented (Bounty Hunter).

Bounty Hunters rejoice!