Let's enjoy ships

2Next

Replies

• Well, don't understand me wrong, I love the ships content definitely, it's great. And certainly the f2p player can use the fleet tokens for rare toons like Sun Fac or purple gear while loosens the bottleneck - at the price of definitely not being competetive in Fleet Arena, a route I most likely will take. Battles in the Fleet Arena should still be fun, just at a lower tier.
    It's just a total contrast to Squad Arena, where f2p actually can largely compete with whales.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Well, don't understand me wrong, I love the ships content definitely, it's great. And certainly the f2p player can use the fleet tokens for rare toons like Sun Fac or purple gear while loosens the bottleneck - at the price of definitely not being competetive in Fleet Arena, a route I most likely will take. Battles in the Fleet Arena should still be fun, just at a lower tier.
    It's just a total contrast to Squad Arena, where f2p actually can largely compete with whales.

In time they will be. Same thing still happens on new Squad Arena leaderboards. If you start same time with someone willing to spend it will take time to build up a team and get to and stay in the top ranks. Someone willing to spend can get there a lot faster.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Oh yea it's very f2p friendly! Wait till you need to get 6 ships to 4* to complete a challenge, then you will get a taste of exactly how f2p friendly it is!

It's very f2p friendly... well, better than squad tourneys... but you can farm several of the current ships in the arena shipments, and if u haven't noticed, you get a ton of ship currency for rewards.

Arena shipments u mean gw shipments? There aren't any ships in my arena shipments. Where do you get a ton of ship currency from exactly?

Fleet Arena Tokens (for use in fleet shipments) is a reward for fleet arena battles and also get some with daily activities. If you can stay above rank 200 in fleet arena you should have enough for 3 shipments of blueprints a day.

Building Materials (ie Ships Credits) is a reward for fleet arena and can also be purchased in the cantina battle shipments. These will also be available from LS/DS/Cantina nodes.

Yes i knew this thought there was a bug or something at my end. I most certainly didn't get tons of credits after my fleet arena top 200 placement today. Anyway...

The way ships were implemented reminds me of my grandma. She would buy a huge stack of candy, let me see it and then only feed me 2-3 pieces each day. I loved my grandma very much but i always hated this one thing!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Oh yea it's very f2p friendly! Wait till you need to get 6 ships to 4* to complete a challenge, then you will get a taste of exactly how f2p friendly it is!

It's very f2p friendly... well, better than squad tourneys... but you can farm several of the current ships in the arena shipments, and if u haven't noticed, you get a ton of ship currency for rewards.

Arena shipments u mean gw shipments? There aren't any ships in my arena shipments. Where do you get a ton of ship currency from exactly?

Fleet Arena Tokens (for use in fleet shipments) is a reward for fleet arena battles and also get some with daily activities. If you can stay above rank 200 in fleet arena you should have enough for 3 shipments of blueprints a day.

Building Materials (ie Ships Credits) is a reward for fleet arena and can also be purchased in the cantina battle shipments. These will also be available from LS/DS/Cantina nodes.

Yes i knew this thought there was a bug or something at my end. I most certainly didn't get tons of credits after my fleet arena top 200 placement today. Anyway...

The way ships were implemented reminds me of my grandma. She would buy a huge stack of candy, let me see it and then only feed me 2-3 pieces each day. I loved my grandma very much but i always hated this one thing!

lol
  • Nobody forces F2P to spend. Let the whales spend 500 bucks to unlock some ships early. Ill just spend nothing and as long as I get top 200 I get 15 sweet Fun Sac shards a day
  • scuba wrote: »
    Well, don't understand me wrong, I love the ships content definitely, it's great. And certainly the f2p player can use the fleet tokens for rare toons like Sun Fac or purple gear while loosens the bottleneck - at the price of definitely not being competetive in Fleet Arena, a route I most likely will take. Battles in the Fleet Arena should still be fun, just at a lower tier.

In time they will be. Same thing still happens on new Squad Arena leaderboards. If you start same time with someone willing to spend it will take time to build up a team and get to and stay in the top ranks. Someone willing to spend can get there a lot faster.

So not true. From a Dec shard. F2p has zero chance vs the fellas in top ten. The gap between us has been huge for a long time and continually gets bigger as time goes on. I used to be able to compwte with them now I don't even see them anymore cause I hit the paywall teams and cannot win vs their mods and p2w toons.
  • Nobody forces F2P to spend. Let the whales spend 500 bucks to unlock some ships early. Ill just spend nothing and as long as I get top 200 I get 15 sweet Fun Sac shards a day

OMG his name's not "Fun Sac". Legit LOL!!!!

If you don't invest in ships that will turn quickly into 10 Sun Fac shards each day!

What this game needs is an endless mode similar to tournaments where it's free to play but the more you play the more you get rewarded. Something similar to the tournies but f2p. In an rpg game you can get from level 1 to max level in a few days depending on the game or depending on the hours you put in. There's no pop-up that says 'You reached level 5 you can level up again in 24 hours'. Why can't we have that in this game? On Saturday/Sunday or whenever you have free time you can play your heart out but get rewarded for it. And then you will have p2p which get everything they want with minimal effort but with money, casual players that don't really have a lot of time to play so they advance at a slower pace (the way ships and everything else is now) and also people that drain their batteries each day playing for a long time but almost competing with p2p. The way it currently is...i don't see how this can even be called a game! We are all just getting turned into robots forced to log in at the same hour to get 1 piece of candy each day!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nobody forces F2P to spend. Let the whales spend 500 bucks to unlock some ships early. Ill just spend nothing and as long as I get top 200 I get 15 sweet Fun Sac shards a day

If you don't invest in ships that will turn quickly into 10 Sun Fac shards each day!

What this game needs is an endless mode similar to tournaments where it's free to play but the more you play the more you get rewarded. Something similar to the tournies but f2p. In an rpg game you can get from level 1 to max level in a few days depending on the game or depending on the hours you put in. There's no pop-up that says 'You reached level 5 you can level up again in 24 hours'. Why can't we have that in this game? On Saturday/Sunday or whenever you have free time you can play your heart out but get rewarded for it. And then you will have p2p which get everything they want with minimal effort but with money, casual players that don't really have a lot of time to play so they advance at a slower pace (the way ships and everything else is now) and also people that drain their batteries each day playing for a long time but almost competing with p2p. The way it currently is...i don't see how this can even be called a game! We are all just getting turned into robots forced to log in at the same hour to get 1 piece of candy each day!

playing all day to get rewarded doesn't turn people into robots?
    anyway, horrible suggestion. You also sound like you don't really enjoy the game you're playing, that doesn't make sence to me tbh.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Nobody forces F2P to spend. Let the whales spend 500 bucks to unlock some ships early. Ill just spend nothing and as long as I get top 200 I get 15 sweet Fun Sac shards a day

anyway, horrible suggestion. You also sound like you don't really enjoy the game you're playing, that doesn't make sence to me tbh.

Ok bye shill!
  • You think you want the play all day option. But you don't. Anyone play Marvel Contest of Champions? Full time job if you want the featured character that week.
  • All I know is, I've sat here with my headphones in listening to the fleet arena band kick out that sweet **** music (Don't censor that! It's what Lucas called the music played by Figrin Dan and the Modal Nodes!). Seriously, I've just been grooving along at my desk, occasionally snapping my fingers. Hey, I need something to do while waiting for the arena attempts to refresh.
  • Synfreak
    277 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    You think you want the play all day option. But you don't. Anyone play Marvel Contest of Champions? Full time job if you want the featured character that week.

I understand what you're saying but christmas vacation is coming. :D I know that if something like this gets introduced people will feel obligated to play but here is the thing, they don't need to!They can keep advancing at their own pace! With the introduction of ships another hour is taken anyway because it's right after arena payout. The forums will of course be filled with people raging...i for one would like something along these lines!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    warmonkey wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

So not true. From a Dec shard. F2p has zero chance vs the fellas in top ten. The gap between us has been huge for a long time and continually gets bigger as time goes on. I used to be able to compwte with them now I don't even see them anymore cause I hit the paywall teams and cannot win vs their mods and p2w toons.

I know many non spenders that compete at the top ranks of squad arena just fine. There are also many posts around the forum of non spenders that compete in squad arena also.

My point still stands. You of course will not be able to compete right away with someone who spends because spending speeds up progression, to think on initial release you are going to be able to compete with someone who spends is silly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Ok bye shill!

yep, i get free crystals for being possitive on the forum.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • You think you want the play all day option. But you don't. Anyone play Marvel Contest of Champions? Full time job if you want the featured character that week.

By the way, in your example, (i haven't played the game you are talking about), let's say Aayla Secura is the 'featured character of the week'. That doesn't mean i have to play 7 days 10 hours a day to get 330 shards. Nah nah nah! 7 days a week for 330 shards means 47 shards/day. If i play 2 days i get 94 shards, not the full char but not zero shards either!! It will still be a faster way of progressing than what it is now!
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    As someone who has loved almost every move the game developers have made. From mods to cap increases to guilds to raids. Loved it all. But... Ships are awful. Not the graphics or gameplay, but the fact that it doesn't even feel like the same game. It feels like back to zero, game reset. Everyone start over but in a ship.

**** coming back to this post to say that ships are really getting interesting. There was definitely some apprehension and doubt, but thumbs up CG.
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • leef wrote: »
    yep, i get free crystals for being possitive on the forum.

Hahaha, I wish!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107