sim ticket crunch

Prev1
With the addition of ships and the daily requirement of the ship challenge it is yet another place to use sim tickets. The tickets are a viable part of daily interaction in the game. They remove the monotony out of the repetitive tasks needed to keep players engaged on a daily basis. I think the allocation granted in the daily challenges should be increased in order to keep players engaged and not fretting needing to spend crystals on the amount needed in order to run through daily challenges and allotment of 600 energy to contribute to each players guild.

Replies

• Yes, I find myself running out of sim tickets all the time. Then I am forced to chose between a refresh and just purchasing them from shipments.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • I started to just use crystals to buy more. Its been much more enjoyable like that than having to auto it
  • +1 if you are f2p you WILL run out of sim tickets
  • Ships only cost you two sims per day, dude.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • lol ... i use a full AoE-squad to auto-farm shards (3 attempts per node) and use sims for gear-farming only ... works well for me.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • I doubt it, I have more than 2000 sim tickets and using one or two more per day won't change anything.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ships only cost you two sims per day, dude.
    2 more on top of a crunch that already exists, dude

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    in fear of stating the obvious; adjust your farming routine, you'll never run out.
    Save water, drink champagne!

I normally agree with or at least can happily agree-to-disagree with you on account of you're very reasonable and can articulate your positions well--and the Paul Blarth Maul Cop avi really helps, too--but you're being unreasonable here. It's two tickets a day, at most, or you can autobattle while watching TV like I do and not spend a sim.

There are a lot of issues with the game, but this isn't one of them. Peace and respect to you, sir!
  • The only time I ever drop under 1000 tickets is when I farm someone in cantina that uses 8energy outside of that I always have over 1500 or so
    NicWester wrote: »

I normally agree with or at least can happily agree-to-disagree with you on account of you're very reasonable and can articulate your positions well--and the Paul Blarth Maul Cop avi really helps, too--but you're being unreasonable here. It's two tickets a day, at most, or you can autobattle while watching TV like I do and not spend a sim.

There are a lot of issues with the game, but this isn't one of them. Peace and respect to you, sir!

My reasoning here is to not autobattle but to have an ample amount of sim tickets in order to accomplish the daily chores. Especially with the addition of ships, there is more than enough content in the game. I feel having to spend additional time initiating autobattle in order to manage sim ticket usage is going to detract from the daily interaction of the game. And you called me dude first ;):*
  • Yeah, I don't want to be that guy who says dude all the time :P
  • +1 to needing more SIM tickets!
    So the solutions are spend more money OR waste spins & energy by farming more expensive nodes?? NO
    Just have Cantina refreshes include 20 SIMS like the normal energy refresh PLEASE --- simple.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • You are only using an extra 2 sim tickets daily for ships. If this makes you negative, you are doing something wrong. Plus you can buy sum tickets with crystals. 30 crystals for 20 sims... Quit complaining lol
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    The sim ticket crunch ends when you start farming 10+ energy battles
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    The sim ticket crunch ends when you start farming 10+ energy battles

This. There is no ticket crunch past mid levels if you buy energy refreshes. Even 2 50's and a 100 should more than cover you. Actually buying sim tickets is probably the worst thing you can do in this game efficiency wise.
  • I'm completely F2P and my sim tickets go up by ~60 every single day. I'm at 1,361 right now. You get 20 sim tickets for every reg energy refresh. And you progress faster in the game. It's win-win. Git gud
  • What is this dispute about? I feel sim tickets crunch - I buy sim tickets for a long time. I did not eat it or sell it because I can't. I've spent it in game. I don't want to play on auto because sim spares time and I think that price is ridiculous.
  • There is so such thing as a sim ticket crunch. I have more tix daily.
  • I've been exposed as a f2p. I'm out of the closet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Bon_El wrote: »
    +1 to needing more SIM tickets!
    So the solutions are spend more money OR waste spins & energy by farming more expensive nodes?? NO
    Just have Cantina refreshes include 20 SIMS like the normal energy refresh PLEASE --- simple.

actually, farming more expensive nodes is exactly what you should do. I wouldn't call it "wasting spins" though, i'd call it resource management. Simple things like when you're farming pathfinder (8 energy node) in cantina, make sure you farm higher energy nodes in LS/DS for gear (cuffs/guns) and/or alot of hard nodes. I don't think it will hurt your progression that much, if it hurts progression at all. But it sure is better than getting frustrated by not having enough sim tickets.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I've got over 10,000 sim tickets & climbing all the time lol.
  • leef wrote: »

actually, farming more expensive nodes is exactly what you should do. I wouldn't call it "wasting spins" though, i'd call it resource management. Simple things like when you're farming pathfinder (8 energy node) in cantina, make sure you farm higher energy nodes in LS/DS for gear (cuffs/guns) and/or alot of hard nodes. I don't think it will hurt your progression that much, if it hurts progression at all. But it sure is better than getting frustrated by not having enough sim tickets.

I think you have nailed my problem. I just finished 7* SRP, now I will make matters worse as I start 8 energy Lando. Maybe I should do the 12 energy Lando instead.
  • Farm 5° mods (16 energy each) with all your Cantina energy and burn regular energy on level 7 nodes and higher. You will never run out of tickets.
  • +1 if you are f2p you WILL run out of sim tickets

I'm f2p and I have almost 700 tickets. I don't think it's happening...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I've been exposed as a f2p. I'm out of the closet.

Wh-WHAT? No son of MINE will be f2p! You give CG/EA a couple bucks and then get back in the closet before your mother finds out! It'd killer her--kill her!

Under my own roof, too...
    I've been exposed as a f2p. I'm out of the closet.

Wh-WHAT? No son of MINE will be f2p! You give CG/EA a couple bucks and then get back in the closet before your mother finds out! It'd killer her--kill her!

Under my own roof, too...

Thanks Nic, it's not mom I'm worried about. It's my wife. She an enabler to my f2p lifestyle.
  • leef wrote: »

I think you have nailed my problem. I just finished 7* SRP, now I will make matters worse as I start 8 energy Lando. Maybe I should do the 12 energy Lando instead.

I found the 12 energy node to be more rewarding TBH
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    leef wrote: »

Sorry but I don't think this is a solution - and what to do then when I run out of credits ?!?
    if rate is same and you farm 12 credit instead of 8 you should buy 3 refreshes instead of 2 and this is more expensive than to buy Sim tickets.
    Anyway you just suggest to use it less...it is same like to tell me that I should not buy 2 refreshes but just 1.
    Don't forget that a time ago we got 100% rate for sim tickets and since then it is just depends on what toon/gear you farm. Most of crunch become when I activate new toon and start farm some gear like blue callers - which is ridiculous because this way make cheap gear expensive..

I think that most of forum replies of this are like "I don't have it so it does not exists"...

EDIT: anyway thread is useless because they will not change it...
  • The only time I've ever had Sim ticket issues was when I was farming something that had a 6 energy cost. Once I got to 8 and 10 energy battles, never had an issue again.