Confusion about Ben Kenobi

So, I have wanted to post this for awhile...but there's so many other not working/underpowered abilities in the game that it seemed facetious.

But what the hell.

If You Strike Me Down is the most backasswards ability in this game. I said it.

You have an ability on a Tank that grants massive bonuses to your team if said tank dies. Cool in concept.

In practice, the chance of said ability being used is very, very close to 0.

Ben has massive Health.
Ben has massive Evasion.

Therefore, he is not a likely AI target (I've never, in the hundreds of Arena games with him, seen him die anything but last)

Players know full well if they nuke him, the other team goes on a steroid-induced rampage.
Players also know since the nerf to his secondary ability, that he will only get off one Off Down/AB before they have a 2-3 character advantage.
His damage isn't high enough to make him really threatening, and he wouldn't be squishy enough to be high priority anyways. (To be fair, his damage is excellent for a tank-just not cheatmode like fotp et al)

Is there any chance of seeing a passive "taunts when character falls under 30%" mod on this ability?

Because otherwise, it's completely useless (unless you run a gimp 4* low gear Ben in the hopes he gets picked off)

Thoughts?

@EA_Jesse

Replies

• I think Old Ben is perfectly balanced (if not op), i still couldnt find any replacement for my 4* Ben, eventhough i have multiple 7* toons. He deals decent damage with his basic attacks, his ability block+damage reduction+turn meter drop is insanely useful. "If you strike me down" enables him to use his special 2-3 times during a match, if you look at it that way.

Tipp: Never try to force admins/mods to comment on "such" threads. They wont.
  • The cool down on mind tricks gets a -1 at ability level 4, so he's got that going for him. I think he's pretty balanced. I do think it would be nice if they gave all tanks some sort of taunt, even a crappy resist able one.

( pooh..Maybe he should have a self Rez to assist Jedis. ;) )
  • Pangogo
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I try not to get so hung up on the tank class and they should probably just get rid of the class description in general because is Luminara really an attacker or a healer?

IMO the best traditional tank is Chewie. Poe and Han are cool but they're really just support characters that happen to have a taunt. 5s, Savage, Boba...they're not tanks. They're just low damage DPS with really high HP.
  • I like Ben's description: " Stun-focused controller with a self revive and high defense."
    Hmmm ...
  • You want people to be forced to target a character with a death buff like he has? Lol
  • pay2win wrote: »
    You want people to be forced to target a character with a death buff like he has? Lol

Of course I do!

I use him. :D

• I think Old Ben is perfectly balanced (if not op), i still couldnt find any replacement for my 4* Ben, eventhough i have multiple 7* toons. He deals decent damage with his basic attacks, his ability block+damage reduction+turn meter drop is insanely useful. "If you strike me down" enables him to use his special 2-3 times during a match, if you look at it that way.

Tipp: Never try to force admins/mods to comment on "such" threads. They wont.

Not sure who you're facing, but my matches are done by turn 5...and Ben dies last. You use his special once and then just auto for 4 turns.
  • Its a discouraging passive. It discourages heroes from attacking him. His other abilities are OP enough. His passive is insurance from being targeted before he can do his mind tricks.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda