Gw

I thought gw would eventually adjust but nope! For a while was getting hard 6 and 11 node than 12 was all 3 star toons wiped out quick.now 6 and 11 are still hard but 12 almost unbeatable! Been playing since launch have great toons but cmon!

Replies

• Options
    completely ruined GW again with this update, was fine before so why adjust it? Impossible to complete, really frustrating, hardly worth playing now.
  • Options
    Before this turns into another "GW is too hard" thread, may I ask a few questions?

1) What is your level?
    2) What is your strategy?

Lower levels does equal more frustration as you will undoubtedly face nightmarish teams so your strategy has to be adaptable to this eventuality. If you only have one good squad then it had better be the best there is or it will suffer losses. It's best to have 4 squads (A, B, C and D) to throw at the GW. Use A squad on node 1 and maybe node 2, B squad on 3-6 with a C or D substitute if you start to lose toons on node 6, B or A on 7, B on 8, B on 9 with C/D cannon fodder to eliminate particularly tough toons, B on 10 and 11, and A again on 12 (could use A on 11 if B gets slaughtered and there's no more cannon fodder). I use this strategy and while I lose toons I don't lose the war. You don't surrender to the enemy if you still have soldiers to fight for you. Use them wisely and you'll do fine.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    No offense, but that's not always true. Good strategy, sure. But GW is so rigged against you that often the 12th node can't be beat. Here's a real example.

Faced a team of level 80, gear 10 toons, all 7 stars. Phasma leading, with Leia, Luminara, Qui-Gon, and Rey.

Every attack got a bonus from Phasma's lead. Every single time. Not only that, but every attack was a crit. I checked this as I played; every single attack the AI launched was a critical hit. Every attempt at a debuff on my team worked. Leia shot three times, every time. No one ever missed me in any attack.

I had a more realistic performace, with some crits, some misses, and some buffs resisted. I lasted all of a minute and a half.

I don't care who you bring or what strategy you use, when things are that stacked against you you aren't SUPPOSED to win. And this wasn't the first time I'd seen blatantly, open cheating like that from the GW AI. Once I saw a charater dodge 19 attacks in a row. I saw Doka passively raise one character 5 times in a row, in one match. That sort of thing is nearly impossible, but GW does it. I accept that it's just part of how the game works, but the notion that you can beat it if you just play smart isn't always true. It helps for sure, but there are times when you're going to lose no matter what, and through no fault of your own.
  • Options
    its about time this mode was fixed or changed as it is clearly not working as intended
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ogre2005 wrote: »
    It helps for sure, but there are times when you're going to lose no matter what, and through no fault of your own.
    that's not completely true.
    proof:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/77270/the-perfect-150
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    No offense, but that's not always true. Good strategy, sure. But GW is so rigged against you that often the 12th node can't be beat. Here's a real example.

Faced a team of level 80, gear 10 toons, all 7 stars. Phasma leading, with Leia, Luminara, Qui-Gon, and Rey.

Every attack got a bonus from Phasma's lead. Every single time. Not only that, but every attack was a crit. I checked this as I played; every single attack the AI launched was a critical hit. Every attempt at a debuff on my team worked. Leia shot three times, every time. No one ever missed me in any attack.

I had a more realistic performace, with some crits, some misses, and some buffs resisted. I lasted all of a minute and a half.

I don't care who you bring or what strategy you use, when things are that stacked against you you aren't SUPPOSED to win. And this wasn't the first time I'd seen blatantly, open cheating like that from the GW AI. Once I saw a charater dodge 19 attacks in a row. I saw Doka passively raise one character 5 times in a row, in one match. That sort of thing is nearly impossible, but GW does it. I accept that it's just part of how the game works, but the notion that you can beat it if you just play smart isn't always true. It helps for sure, but there are times when you're going to lose no matter what, and through no fault of your own.

No offense but I don't believe any of this. I've seen plenty of ridiculous stuff but 19 dodges in a row? Exaggerate much?
  • Options

No offense but I don't believe any of this. I've seen plenty of ridiculous stuff but 19 dodges in a row? Exaggerate much?

Well, I've seen up to 10 in a row so it may not be a big exaggeration. Again, drew on my strategy and beat the node and won the war so it was APX = 1, AI = 0.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

Your choice, but it's 100% true. Luminara, level 80, gear nine. 19 attempts before the first hit.
  • Bjorne_Fellhanded
    306 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    For level 84 player : Run 3 or 4 teams if possible. Pre-load their turn meter (TM) somewhere between nodes 1-5 and make sure their specials have reset. Expect tough fight node 6. 7 and 8 will be easier so use for recovery. Again, expect problems at 9 so use 8 to ensure all your specials have cycled. 10 is not easy but should be used as rest where possible. Node 11 hard fight. Node 12 hard fight.

I used to have easy node 12 but it disappeared with the rise to 85 so I can commiserate.

Worst case scenario at node 12 - sacrifice an entire team to assisanate the enemy leader. Enemy will then no longer have the benefit of a leadership skill/trait so the remaining fight with your next team will be tough but manageable.

Use the symmetry of the AAT teams you're building to run those assassination type missions. I use Jedi as first wave node 12 and I've been getting through some insane whale defences. Faced wedge (L), Biggs, AA, baze, shoretrooper today. At first glance I was hopelessly outclassed but assassinated wedge and annihilated the rest with my second team.

If you don't have multiple teams, don't stress. Just stay focused and work towards it slowly but surely. Commitment gets rewarded.