Spent money. Now I'm confused.

So I got rid of an account for another game and decided to spend a little of that money on this game. If I really like a mobile game I decide to invest essentially what I would have invested into an X1 or PS4 game. I figure I spend more time in a mobile game than console, Those devs deserve some money as well for all the wonderful hours of raging they give me.

Anyway, I had what I thought was some semblance of a plan in this game before doing so. Granted I've now been playing for a week and haven't progressed too far that changing my focus will throw me off too much.

I've been using a combo of HK-47, IG-86, IG-88, GS, and Poe in arena. Keeps me in the 50s on my server. Pretty sure it's a newer server. Been using that combo as well for DS missions except I was subbing in Talia rather than Poe for her turn meter boost.

On the LS missions I've been using Poe, JC, Chewie, Jawa, and Ewok Scout. Haven't really leveled up Chewie, Jawa, or ES as I didn't expect to use them later in the game so my missions have been pretty hard up to this point trying to rely on Poe and JC to carry me.

I bought some crystals to get a few of the Chromium packs and about sh** my pants at my luck. I pulled JK Anakin 4*, Kit Fisto 4*, Rey 4*, Grand Moff 4*, Kylo 4*, Savage Opress 3*, FOST 2*, FOTP 2*, QGJ 2*, Resist Pilot 2*, Teebo 2*, Biggs 2* and Leia 2*.

Pretty close to having Sid and Lumi. 20 more tokens as well for Vader, 1/3 way to Daka as well.

So here is my issue. With QGJ, Leia, FOTP and FOST only being 2* should I even bother focusing on them? Being relatively new to the game I don't really have a lot of skill tokens to be passing around to a lot of my guys. Same goes with trying to farm gear. Already have my main droid team as well as Poe, JC, JK Anakin, Poe, and Fisto in gear V. Rey and GS are in gear IV, I can't currently train Rey any higher until I hit another level to unlock stage 5. I'm currently lvl 42 as well. I am wondering if I should focus at all on Kylo or Moff being 4*, or just keep pumping my droid team for dark guys?

My light guys I've switched over to Poe, JC, JK Anakin, Fisto, and Rey. Should I replace anyone with my 2* guys I have. I know QGJ and Leia hit pretty hard later on, but I don't see them getting out of the 2* area any time soon. Right now to level any of them up is going to take a serious investment as I'm running low on training droids as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• It depends on how you will be playing. If you are able to spend big on cromium packs, you can pull more shards for the non farm able characters. If you don't want to drop a couple hundred on that, you can stick with the farmable characters you already have. I would not dump any training or gear into a non farm able if you don't intend to gamble on chromium to promote them past 2*.
  • Wow..some great pulls :) QGJ and Leia will stay at 2* unless your looking to spend a lot more $ mate so I would not bother spending credits or gear on them, FOTP you can farm when you reach later in the game (will still take a long long time to raise to 7*). I would focus on a team you can farm easy (one from galactic war, cantina and arena) and once you have a solid team you can start to branch out a bit :)
  • I've spent several hundred dollars on my main account. By no means a whale, as I'm nowhere close to the character numbers and stars a couple grand would get you, but obviously I'm invested. I do have several nearly completely geared and starred characters though. I can break top 100, every now and then sub 75.

My alt account I've spent $15 on. Dooku pack for early leveling and arena, and just recently the daily crystal booster. I'm running a completely free droid team, switching between lum and gs as I don't have poe. That completely free droid team makes it into the top 50, without poe, while being several thousand power less than the competition.

If you want variety and don't mind paying, go with whatever. Otherwise enjoy the ride with the droids and save your money. Game is still in its infancy and will be up and down for awhile anyways.
  • Yeah, I'd only buy crystals in a setup like this. People who buy Chromium need to have $1000 minimum and even still, you probably won't have a team, maybe 1 player upgraded if you are lucky...
  • UnckyBadTouch
    264 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    So should I shelve the DS guys I got from Chromium then? I Figured I might be able to use Kylo, or Grand Moff rather than Talia, but I will have Sid in 2 days from arena shipments.

Also, should I continue to invest in JC, or invest heavier in Lumi when I farm her out? I figured I could run her with HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Poe until I get Poggle. Or would I be better off shelving the healer entirely and throwing GS in there?

I think I will continue to work on my Jedi team for LS missions at least. Just hate seeing all those guys sitting there gathering dust.
    Post edited by UnckyBadTouch on
  • Kylo is farmable at later levels. I would get luminous before jc. But if you ever want to finish galactic war you will probably need them both. Jedi get destroyed in PVP arena, where a lot of teams have Sid, dooku, or both.
  • I play on a newer server as well and I'm consistently rank 2 everyday in arena because I can't beat the whale. I run a droid team as well except I have Poggle in my last spot. I farmed Sid but realized that I have no use for him at all so I stopped leveling him up. You should really give up on anyone who can't be farmed unless you plan on spending a lot of money. I'd just use squad shipments rotating between HK and IG-88. Use all your cantina energy for GS. No point in getting Kylo and having a first and second string DS team.

As for your light side team, stick to a farmable team as well. I'm sure the update will add some guys or at least make some other players farmable. Luke and Hoth scout aren't half bad either if you want to rotate your Cantina shipments between Poe. You're going to definitely need Luminara though if you ever want to finish GW. JC and Lumi are crucial for those with a droid team to finish GW. DS and Arena should be a cake walk for you. Definitely Lumi and Poggle should be your top priority.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I can't get past the title of this post without loling. I have also spent money and totally confused
  • alokdown wrote: »
    I play on a newer server as well and I'm consistently rank 2 everyday in arena because I can't beat the whale. I run a droid team as well except I have Poggle in my last spot. I farmed Sid but realized that I have no use for him at all so I stopped leveling him up. You should really give up on anyone who can't be farmed unless you plan on spending a lot of money. I'd just use squad shipments rotating between HK and IG-88. Use all your cantina energy for GS. No point in getting Kylo and having a first and second string DS team.

As for your light side team, stick to a farmable team as well. I'm sure the update will add some guys or at least make some other players farmable. Luke and Hoth scout aren't half bad either if you want to rotate your Cantina shipments between Poe. You're going to definitely need Luminara though if you ever want to finish GW. JC and Lumi are crucial for those with a droid team to finish GW. DS and Arena should be a cake walk for you. Definitely Lumi and Poggle should be your top priority.

Thanks for the insight. Yea, I've been dumping all of my cantina energy into GS. Nothing else there I'd be interested in until so far down the line it makes no sense for me to continue. I'm too invested in Sid at this point to stop going for him from arena shipments. I figure though after I unlock him I will just flip flop between HK-47 and IG-88.

I Opened GW yesterday and the past two days I've been able to complete it. Today I lost all my healers with 2 battles remaining and I managed to pass the first to last with my Droids, JK Anakin, and GS. Last round was oddly extremely easy team that I managed to grind out with a mish mash of a squad. I really though need to get Lumi ASAP. I was half tempted to splurge on the Bariss pack just to have that extra healer. I figure with the Blizzard hitting this weekend that is $300 I'll save in bar tabs. What's an extra $50 pack when I'm kind of saving money for that enjoyment.

I don't plan on being a whale, but I do have a few extra hundred each week to play around with. Maybe I will toy around and try to pick up a couple chromium packs each week to see if I can get some of the more rare guys starred up and then work on them. I really do enjoy the droids though. I just really need to get that Poggle.

How starred up do I really need Lumi and Poggle for a consistent GW? I see 86 is in the GW shipments for skill ups as well. Or should I mainly focus on his skill ups from hard modes?
  • I'm honestly right where you are. That's great you were able to finish GW. I'm at level 53 and I've ran into a team of level 59's the past two days. It's odd because everyone in the top 10 on my server is level 53 or 54. I got lucky and pulled Poggle 4* from a Bronzium. I have Lumi at 4* too but all my droids are at 5* and Geo at 6*. GW is inconsistent for me. I either complete it or lose at the last battle.

If you're planning on spending any money then I'd would just drop the $100 for the largest crystal pack. It should last you 1-2 weeks. Spend your money on energy because the Chromium packs are a terrible gamble. I spent a little bit on Chormium packs and unlocked solid people like Kit Fisto and Leia but you're gonna spend thousands of dollars to star them up to 7. Most Chormium pulls are junk players anyways. Just focus on getting everyone to purple gear and you'll be solid. The droid pack was the only one that I found was worth it. Don't settle for Barris because she heals/tanks but her damage is pathetic.
  • I saw Bariss was one of the top 3 rated on swgohcantina and figured maybe she wasn't so bad. That will save me $50 at least. I will just buy a big crystal pack then for refills. I got lucky on GW. I am 42 and the last battle guy I had was 48. His team was just really soft. Only gear 3 and 4. I guess for now I will just focus on my droids and building some subs I can put around them to keep plugging through GW. Thinking I may sub out JC in GW for GS. I am close to 3* for GS and almost V gear. Hasn't really shined yet. Almost on the fence about really investing in him as he will be traded out with Poggle.

At this point I feel I am investing in placeholders and putting the guys I am saving spots for at a disadvantage as their gear, training droids have been used on their placeholders. I guess I just have crap patience.
  • I saw Bariss was one of the top 3 rated on swgohcantina and figured maybe she wasn't so bad. That will save me $50 at least. I will just buy a big crystal pack then for refills. I got lucky on GW. I am 42 and the last battle guy I had was 48. His team was just really soft. Only gear 3 and 4. I guess for now I will just focus on my droids and building some subs I can put around them to keep plugging through GW. Thinking I may sub out JC in GW for GS. I am close to 3* for GS and almost V gear. Hasn't really shined yet. Almost on the fence about really investing in him as he will be traded out with Poggle.

At this point I feel I am investing in placeholders and putting the guys I am saving spots for at a disadvantage as their gear, training droids have been used on their placeholders. I guess I just have crap patience.

One last note, I actually prefer to run HK, 86, 88, Poggle, and GS. You really don't need Poe, I guess it comes down to preference. Those 5 guys deal an insane amount of damage. GS always attacks first too. I usually knockout an entire team and only lose 1 or 2 guys.
  • I guess I do find now that when I hit someone with GS or 86 special it kills them without needing expose on them. I will try to give it a go once I get Poggle to play around with. Until then, I really don't have any other options to replace my Poe with.
  • Poe + 3droid + poggle will get you to no1.

Just spend 300 on cantina energy 200 on mission energy.

For ls/ds, 4star good enough to beat those mission.

However, your progress still going to be slow if you could not complete it daily.

• CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Droids rock. I bought the droid pack after I pulled Poggle from a bronzium. I ran HK, 88, 86, Geo, and Pog for a long time. Very hard hitting team that can beat most teams in arena. I sniped into top 10 and better for weeks with this comp.

I focused on unlocking Sid, Lumi, and Daka from the start. Lumi and Daka were good choices and I do not regret getting them, but Sid was a bit of a waste and I wish I had bought droid shards instead. Doesn't hurt to have an extra body to throw at GW though.

My Geo is a few shards away from 6* and is gear 8, two slots from 9. He is a beast. Fast speed, decent hp, and hits very hard. His basic hits hard and has a good chance to give him offense up, not that it matters with Poggle in the party. His call assist has a fast cool down, hits hard, and has a good chance to call a droid, giving them a chance to crit and gain meter. If he calls Poggle they both get a damage bonus. His unique gives him and Pog increased crit chance and gives himself turn meter on a crit. I will continue to level him and have his gear ready to go to level 9 when he hits 70. If Poe gets nerfed, he will probably be going back into my arena comp.

When the cap was lifted I was at level 57, and I'm now at 62. I had Poe from the FA promotion and had been leveling and gearing him. He doesn't really shine until he goes to gear 8 and gets 143 speed at level 61. This makes him tie for first action with all of the fastest toons. If he goes first, it's all over for the other team.

I now run HK 5*, 88 6*, 86 6*, and Poe 4*. Poe is still good at 4*, but will get more health and last a bit longer as I star him. Working on more stars for everyone. I am now finishing top five always, and first over the last couple days. I think I can beat any team on my leaderboard as long as my Poe goes first.

For me the droid pack has paid off very nicely in allowing me to climb arena ranks quick and benefit from the better rewards at the higher ranks.

Post edited by CptCaveman on
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I'm kind of sad I went for Sid. Only need 5 more tokens for him now so it is kind of like an oh well situation. Guess it's good to have him just incase I need someone extra for GW. Actually he would have helped today. On my last fight I was down to Fisto, JC, HK-47, GS, Rey. Having Sid would have at least given me a decent leader skill that would benefit the rest of the party.

I kind of wish I had been working up Poe from Cantina rather than going for Daka, but again, oh well. She is definitely a boon rather than a waste. I just really would have liked to pull my Poe up to 4*.

So seeing as though you are working a lot of the same package I am. Would you use GW shipments to level up 86? I was thinking after I finish my Lumi I could get at least 1 more star on 86 before I work towards my Poggle. He is 2* and he will have gear VI tonight, Only need 15 shards to get him to 3*. I do have 2 nodes I can farm him from on LS/DS I guess.

Pretty sure all my arena shipments are going to be pumped into HK-47 & IG-88 after pulling Sid. He can sit at 4* until the other two hit 6* or so I guess.

I just wish Poggle was easier to get. My server is somehow getting exponentially harder. I was sitting in the 50s the last 2 days no problem being around the same power level as everyone else. Today I am struggling to stay in the top 100 and everyone I can fight is 800-2k power level above me. I have absolutely no idea how they managed it so quick. I maxed all my arena squad on level and upped all their gear the highest I could and can barely compete.

Question for those running GS, 86. Can they call an assist from a stunned ally and essentially waste their skill? I swear it happened to me twice today where I used their assist special and they attacked alone without bringing anyone else along.
  • Yeah, they can call assist from an ally who is stunned, wasting the assist. Wish they would change it so stunned characters are not called.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • I'm sure that is high on their list of things to work on. lol
    Game is still relatively new so it doesn't really bother me that much. Besides, there are enough people on here crying about the game that probably have zero idea what it takes to put something like this together without me joining the chorus.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I feel for now I'm just going to focus solely on my droid team and let it carry me through DS/GW/Arena. I'm sure by time I get them right where I want something will either get nerfed or the meta will change and I can start behind the ball and slog my way back up again. Such is life, and such are games.
  • 86 will be my first 7 star after reset tonight. He is the easiest droid to farm up with his GW shipments, 2 hard nodes, and cantina node. Poggle works good as a four star, I would get Poggle to 4 then put GW tokens into 86 until at least six stars.

Cantina energy goes to 86 shards till he is maxed, then I'm going back to farming Geo. cantina shipments go to Poe. GW shipments have been going to 86, but will switch back to Poggle when he is done. Arena shipments I rotate between HK and 88, once I get the next star on one, I switch to the other. Regular energy goes mostly to gear.
  • All of my Cantina energy will be going to Geo. Until I have Lumi I don't really foresee myself getting passed table 2, let alone have 3 done by time I'm high enough level to start table 4 for the 86 tokens. Hopefully I can slog my way through it though. Cantina energy is all going to go to Poe soon as I finish my Daka. It would be nice to have something other than Talia to rely on for DS healing.

Poggle start off at 3*? Was really hoping he would start off at 4* so I could start plugging away at 86. I feel I rarely have enough energy for gear after trying to farm up everyone's hard nodes I want to work on. I think soon though I'm just going to go straight to gear with it and hold off on trying to star people for awhile that I can get elsewhere. JC is 4* and I think he can sit there for awhile.

Lumi I should have tomorrow. Lumi unlocks at 3*? Would love to get her to at least 4*, but I will want to switch to Poggle on GW shipments. Should I try to get Lumi to 4* before working on Poggle and 86 with GW shipments? I will probably need to lean on her heavy for a GW healer and I'm not sure how well she works for that at 3*. Only really having JC to rely on for GW healing is pretty rough. I more often than lot lose Poe before the last 2 or 3 fights and it really makes finishing it tough. 86 is always the next to fall after Poe and then 88 bites the dust next.