Intellect --> Tactics

Did anyone else notice this change? INT gear suddenly became Tactics gear... Anyone know why? It seems rather odd, and it was never mentioned. Take a look at your Character Stats... TAC looks so weird after seeing INT for so long...

Replies

• It wasn't Politically Correct, because that implied some characters who had low INT stat were dumb :P
  • It wasn't Politically Correct, because that implied some characters who had low INT stat were dumb :P
    good laugh on that one :D

OP,
    Thinking in terms of common sense, does gear increase intelligence? Not really. My guess is that it was just named after the stat it amplifies... I like the change though, one more step in the immersive direction.
  • Davius wrote: »
    It wasn't Politically Correct, because that implied some characters who had low INT stat were dumb :P

OP,
    Thinking in terms of common sense, does gear increase intelligence? Not really. My guess is that it was just named after the stat it amplifies... I like the change though, one more step in the immersive direction.

Agreed, I do like it, and I guess intellect doesn't really mean much in a battle, but tactics would make you much more of a formidable foe.
    Just felt like it came out of nowhere and it wasn't mentioned in any of the update logs.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Davius wrote: »
    It wasn't Politically Correct, because that implied some characters who had low INT stat were dumb :P

OP,

Agreed, I do like it, and I guess intellect doesn't really mean much in a battle, but tactics would make you much more of a formidable foe.
    Just felt like it came out of nowhere and it wasn't mentioned in any of the update logs.

Ninja, the devs must be...
  • There were a host of changes that weren't mentioned in the update announcement. For instance, Asajj Ventress got a massive +75 speed boost due to her Rampage ability that I didn't see mentioned anywhere ...

Asajj Ventress gains 15 Speed for each enemy with no buffs.

5*15 Speed = 75 Speed. So insta-taunt will slow her down, but in general her base Speed at the beginning of an encounter went from 88 to 155. Ta-da, she's suddenly worth something!

So we the players get to have a little fun digging for the unannounced reworks.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    There were a host of changes that weren't mentioned in the update announcement. For instance, Asajj Ventress got a massive +75 speed boost due to her Rampage ability that I didn't see mentioned anywhere ...

Asajj Ventress gains 15 Speed for each enemy with no buffs.

5*15 Speed = 75 Speed. So insta-taunt will slow her down, but in general her base Speed at the beginning of an encounter went from 88 to 155. Ta-da, she's suddenly worth something!

So we the players get to have a little fun digging for the unannounced reworks.
    Asajj Ventress
    • Updated description of "Nightsister Swiftness" to correctly indicate that the Turn Meter removal can't be resisted.
    • "Rampage" now grants Asajj 15 Speed for each enemy with no buffs.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78070/game-update-11-22-2016/p1?new=1

Taken from the 11/22/16 update post. I read through all of that and there were a bunch of small things changed but never was the tactics change mentioned, which is why I was confused. I'm wondering if theres anything else they either forgot or left out. But Ventress did get a very nice buff.

Hahaha, well um...that is not a bad theory in today's world. However, it better reflects what they were going for, Intellect is so broad, tactical genius is what we ALL wish we had MOAR of.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107