Long-Term Drop Rate Tracking Thread

Prev1
stupidfatfool
715 posts Member
edited January 2016
I've seen a few tracking threads in-forum (not linking to a Google doc), but they didn't last that long. I'm going to keep this going for at least a month!

We'll see how long-run drop rates really pan out.

droprate.png
Post edited by stupidfatfool on

Replies

• Day 1 was pretty good for hard mode character shards, but one of the worst days I've had for Kylo. Purple blowdryers with a 15% drop rate at 10 energy a pop is a nightmare. I need at least 200 of these across my main team members. :(
  • Appreciate your work. I was thinking of doing something like this.
  • Looking forward to your results.
  • Interested to see how this turns out!
  • I'll be posting mine which I've been taking for a few days but I'll post it when I have the entire month complete. I'm not sure if people will come back to read the updates every day.
  • Thanks for doing this. I do think these purple gears are what's going to be the end of the game for me. Comes down to using all my daily energy plus two or three refills to not even fill half an allotment for one characters gear slot. When the game is just a chore with so little marginal improvement it stops being fun
  • Updated with Day 2. Kylo Ren drop rates are starting to move back up, purple blowdryer continues to suck, and the hard shard characters are too small of sample size to conclude much.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Purple Blowdryer :D
    I feel the pain bro. Not yet started farming but sometime soon I'll have to.

EDIT: can you maybe put in an extra row between the headings and 1/21/2016 or something? It wasn't all that clear at first that the attempts and the increases aren't on the same row.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Day 1 was pretty good for hard mode character shards, but one of the worst days I've had for Kylo. Purple blowdryers with a 15% drop rate at 10 energy a pop is a nightmare. I need at least 200 of these across my main team members. :(

I think farming LS/DS nodes for purple blowdryers is a hard road to hoe, they're available in Tier III challenges after level 62 at up to 5 drops per win so if you got lucky and got max drops, you'd get max 25 a day.

18-20 is more realistic though but still pretty good. I think CG is using it as a bit of a gate to keep gear levels down until you unlock Tier III challenges. Kind of how some of the PvE missions were gates with the detonators coming fast and furious (4L was it?) and you couldn't progress until you leveled up your guys past a certain point.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I think farming LS/DS nodes for purple blowdryers is a hard road to hoe, they're available in Tier III challenges after level 62 at up to 5 drops per win so if you got lucky and got max drops, you'd get max 25 a day.
    If only this were the case... Right now the Tier III AGI Gear Challenge (thus the appropriate one) drops 5 Mk V Laptops, which is very nice and all, but not as hard to farm as the darn Blowdryer. In fact, all rewards for AGI need to be pushed "down" a Tier, with Tier III becoming 3 Laptops 5 Blowdryers max, similar to the STR Challenge.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Day 3 posted - Kylo is sort of settling down at just under 30%, purple blowdryer at around 20%, and I'm still getting quite lucky at character hard shards.
    I've stopped farming Barriss and Dooku because I'll be unlocking them in Cantina soon enough.
  • How do you keep farming 42 Kylo missions a day? I just did consecutive runs while spending my two refills at once, which was only 34 missions.
  • i can contribute:

6 runs at Geono soldier: 2 shards, 1 MK I
    Dooku: 6 runs, 3 shards
    Rey: 3 runs, 1 shard
    Ewok Elder: 3 runs, 0 shard
    5555: 6 runs, 2 shard

please put into your data

I will record my gear farm and let you record into your data.
  • Appreciate your work. I was thinking of doing something like this.

I like your name. U like rice. as in Uncle Ben's Rice? or Rice a roni. the SF treat?

• I don't think the stats will be better if we add random stuff and days from random other people. Best to include it only for yourself instead of adding peoples data to it, unless they are consequent in adding it daily.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • How do you keep farming 42 Kylo missions a day? I just did consecutive runs while spending my two refills at once, which was only 34 missions.

42 is on the days I make a level up (+55 cantina energy); 37 on the days I don't. It should probably be 41 instead of 42 - might have slightly miscounted. But it won't change the %s much.

• Day 4 - had a monster day on Kylo, bumping him closer to 1/3 drop rate.
    Purple blowdryer is stabilizing at about 20%.
  • Shoky
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    A
  • Shoky wrote: »
    Drops are random.

The location of your facial features on your face is random.
  • I'm 17 of 154 on purple hairdryers. I almost have rey to 6 stars and this alone has nade me want to drop her.
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    I'm 17 of 154 on purple hairdryers. I almost have rey to 6 stars and this alone has nade me want to drop her.

Why drop Rey? I've been quite lucky with her at 50% drop rate.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    one of the worst days for shard farming for me.
    7/42 kylo
    0/6 dooku
    2/6 fotp

7/56 blowdryers
    mighty chlorians
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I've been farming dooku shards everyday since around when I started playing the game and my count so far is (excluding the few random shards from other sources) 120/372 so ~32.3% drop rate from 1-C hard light and dark battles.

Very likely shard drop rate (in light and dark side battles at least) is 1/3 so that each node averages 1 shard per refresh.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I do not want to farm the purple blow dryers!

I'm looking at at least 6 assembled to start.

So 50 pieces per over 6 times.

10 energy per chance.

At 33% drop rate, that would come to 1500 energy per assembly, or at least 9,000 energy spent simming the same node over and over for days, weeks, months.

At your 20.8% drop rate, it takes ~2410 energy to complete just one gear. Booo
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • What is this hairdryer you speak of?
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    What is this hairdryer you speak of?

Mk VI Chiewab Hypo Syringe
  • Heisen wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    What is this hairdryer you speak of?

Mk VI Chiewab Hypo Syringe

Ah thats why I was lost. I am only farming one atm and it is blue.
  • Updated. Kylo shard drop rates have turned to **** the last 2 days.
  • Arillian wrote: »
    I do not want to farm the purple blow dryers!

I'm looking at at least 6 assembled to start.

So 50 pieces per over 6 times.

10 energy per chance.

At 33% drop rate, that would come to 1500 energy per assembly, or at least 9,000 energy spent simming the same node over and over for days, weeks, months.

At your 20.8% drop rate, it takes ~2410 energy to complete just one gear. Booo

Umm, I think you'll find that the energy required is actually over 9000
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.