SHIP : Tie Fighter has 0 protection ?

Hi,

Maybe it's a dumb question but why is the TIE FIGHTER the only ship with 0 protection, even though I have Tie Pilot Gear 9 (so over 10k Protection).

I've search here and on reddit but no one mention this.

Replies

• Because Ties have no shields ... ;)
  • KyleKatarn
    473 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, TIE fighters never had shields or hyperdrives - there were just a LOT of them. Its supposed speed and maneuverability is reflected in the fact it can gain Foresight?
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Because Ties have no shields ... ;)

But since when the lore matter at all here ? Since when a Geonosian can tank 250 hit of lightsabers barehanded ?

Maybe it was indeed meant that way, but then explain this to me : why does the AI : Tie Fighter DO has Prot on the daily challenges ?
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Maybe it's a TIE FO in the challenge (they have shields) or the AI ist cheating. xD
  • Dayma
    260 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Maybe it's a TIE FO in the challenge (they have shields) or the AI ist cheating. xD

No, there is both in challenges, and both has prot (the Tie FO has prot for players too)

But that's the purpose of this thread, knowing if it is what the DEVS wanted or simply a bug
  • I'm quite sure it's designed this way on purpose. It also gets 30+% dodge with geared up tfp to make up for lack of shields.
  • because your TFP hasn't reached Gear VII yet
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • aerendhil wrote: »
    because your TFP hasn't reached Gear VII yet

Just read the first post, he is gear 9 ...
    Skykraker wrote: »
    I'm quite sure it's designed this way on purpose. It also gets 30+% dodge with geared up tfp to make up for lack of shields.

Well maybe then ... but it's surprising...
  • Andro
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I have him gear X and still no protection, quite dumb if you ask me.. :|
  • Yeah, TIE Fighters get +evasion instead of protection. My TIE Pilot is only 4*, gear VII and still provides +15% evasion.

TIE Fighters can still get bonus protection from skills (like Jedi Consular's moves) even though they don't start with any; apparently the game keeps track of what their protection "would be" if they had some so that they can benefit from like, +25% protection or whatever.
  • The TIE's ions engines minimized power drain by lacking key systems such as hyperdrives and deflecter shields
  • It's faithful to the canon.
  • The empire tie ship is one of the most annoying in the game. I always end up saving it for last because even at 35% evasion, when the AI is controlling it, it seems more like 70%. Don't even attempt to target this ship if it has a protection buff. The number of dodges and evades more than makes up for the lack of protection.