Please Rebalance Grand Moff Tarkin in Ship Battles

There's no reason whatsoever to use him over Ackbar. It's so unbalanced it's ridiculous.

Moff gives offense up and a small turn meter gain? Ackbar makes your guys attack twice, dispels and heals/regens protection.

The aoe ability block attack? It does pitiful damage and gets resisted too often.

Moff's only saving grace is his ultimate attack, if you even make it that far in battle. He shouldn't have just 1 good ability.

Replies

• Tarkin has faction synergy, ackbar does not...at least not on the lower level. Maybe that's why they have them setup that way.
    I am the Reaper
  • Tarkin will be better later on
  • Tarkin has faction synergy, ackbar does not...at least not on the lower level. Maybe that's why they have them setup that way.

He synergizes with 2 characters currently and one is vader's ship. The other is the new tie fighter, which isn't so great. So GL.
  • Have you maxed him?? No??

Ok I thought so. You don't know what his upgrades bring
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    Have you maxed him?? No??

Ok I thought so. You don't know what his upgrades bring

You don't need to totally max a character to see clear and obvious flaws in balancing the 3 commanders. Why even put the effort in to max Tarkin when Ackbar is clearly the best from early game through end game on base skills alone?
  • Tarkin's ship get's nice TM when you level it up. I think the Tie Fighter also helps that increase
  • Tarkin doesn't have fish breath.
  • I'm using Tarkin's ship and am consistently beating Ackbar leads with 20k higher power. Tarkin is great. You just use him differently.
  • Here is a breakdown of the top 50 in my shard.

5 Mace
    1 Tarkan(me rank 30)
    44 Ackbar

I'm doing it wrong.
  • Tarkin is powerful but the problem is the ultimate... when there were 2 characters left tarkins ult killed 1, Akbar however wiped my team with back to back 8 turns on all ships
  • More synergy will come with more ships. Calm down and Boba on.
  • Revster wrote: »
    Tarkin doesn't have fish breath.

lol
  • I picked Mace cause I use a Jedi team, he is HORRIBLE. I ended up replacing him by an underdeveloped Ackbar with far less lvl and power, Ackbar still outperforms Windu by a large margin.

Ship commanders should have not gone past beta testing in this conditions... Even if it balances out in the end game, we are going to be in a 95% AA ladder for a really long time.
  • I think Mace is actually pretty good, especially if you don't use biggs
  • I picked Mace cause I use a Jedi team, he is HORRIBLE. I ended up replacing him by an underdeveloped Ackbar with far less lvl and power, Ackbar still outperforms Windu by a large margin.

Ship commanders should have not gone past beta testing in this conditions... Even if it balances out in the end game, we are going to be in a 95% AA ladder for a really long time.

@AntonioGNAL you are very wrong. Before I decided to go all out on a specific Capital ship I tried all 3 and AA has a impressive AoE and nice cleanse but I picked Mace because he is much better suited for my playing style the AA is. (I can't speak about Tarkin because I simply don't have him leveled or geared)
    Anyways I leave Biggs as my re enforcement troop because I don't need him to tank thanks to Windu. My Clone Sargent ships is massively tanky so I use Mace second ability to make him taunt. Since he Auto heals, JC can heal him too and Mace can heal him your going to hit him a while before he is down. In the meantime all my other ships pick you of one by one. Plus When Mace finally gets to his ultimate ability its super clutch Im
    Basically immortal until my next turn which sometimes grants enough time to beat whatever you have left.
    The thing I like most about AA is his cleans because it can really mess my tactics off
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    I picked Mace cause I use a Jedi team, he is HORRIBLE. I ended up replacing him by an underdeveloped Ackbar with far less lvl and power, Ackbar still outperforms Windu by a large margin.

@AntonioGNAL you are very wrong. Before I decided to go all out on a specific Capital ship I tried all 3 and AA has a impressive AoE and nice cleanse but I picked Mace because he is much better suited for my playing style the AA is. (I can't speak about Tarkin because I simply don't have him leveled or geared)
    Anyways I leave Biggs as my re enforcement troop because I don't need him to tank thanks to Windu. My Clone Sargent ships is massively tanky so I use Mace second ability to make him taunt. Since he Auto heals, JC can heal him too and Mace can heal him your going to hit him a while before he is down. In the meantime all my other ships pick you of one by one. Plus When Mace finally gets to his ultimate ability its super clutch Im
    Basically immortal until my next turn which sometimes grants enough time to beat whatever you have left.
    The thing I like most about AA is his cleans because it can really mess my tactics off

This.

I use AA because it was easy and I have rebels out the ying yang and I'm fighting with 2 TI Krakens and a couple whales and a few Dolphins.

Hopefully we can work it out that everyone top 10s/top5s in their time slot but we'll see.
    I fought a Mace earlier today thinking it would be a cake walk. Boy was I wrong--Any time I got someone down through their protection, a different ship would taunt and I'd have to go through it. Then a different-different ship would taunt and I'd have to go through it. All the while they were healing damaged ships and attacking my guys for okay (good, not great) damage. I couldn't do a darn thing without Mace's permission.

This will partly be solved when I can properly level up my crew pilots (I have two good ones and four......... I have four warm bodies in ships, basically) and have better offense. But by then they'll have properly levelled up their crew as well and still be very tough.

Point being? Wait for it. Let's see how things shake out before we get too judgemental. Sometimes what's best isn't what's immediately obvious.

(Also, keep in mind that almost everyone has a high level, high gear, high mod Ackbar because he's a good character and Rebels are useful in many spheres of the game. Mace has never been very good, and Tarkin is okay with the right team at his back, but also not particularly exciting, so people probably don't have those folks as developed as their Ackbars are. Hence, Ackbar is the default leader for most because he has the highest power.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • AA is definately overpowered. My shard is exclusively AA and i frequently have battles where I should win outright and end up scraping by with Tarkin when fighting AA. Im not saying it cant be done, im saying its extremely onvious that AA is a better overall commander than the other two. Any character with assist/double attacks just so happens to be a tops character and so they decided to give AA not 1 but 2 assist attack abilities while Tarkin and Mace get none? Smells fishy to me.....lets not forget the fact that wiggs, biggs, and AA were already a huge combo in the game. All EA did was carry their victory lap into space.
    《Belief is not Required》
  • AA thrives in the early game, it's pretty a starter phasma so as to speak.

When you have more geared ships fighting vs geared and levelled opponents, that's when endurance and executrix will begin to thrive.
  • Akiraine wrote: »
    AA thrives in the early game, it's pretty a starter phasma so as to speak.

When you have more geared ships fighting vs geared and levelled opponents, that's when endurance and executrix will begin to thrive.

From what I see in the comments this might be the thing... at this stage, I'm only lvl 64 and started playing like 1.5 months ago, all I see is AA all over the place and he owns low level battles, hopefully my Mace Capital will be useful later on. Right now damage output is crucial to the point I have to use AA when he is 13 levels below Mace, unequipped and without mods.

I have noticed though as a defender you do want Mace, other players have attacked me while I had Mace (probably thinking it would be an easy pick) and my rank did not move, so I assume they lost. So maybe a good idea is to use AA for the first 4 fights of the day, and switch to Mace in the last one so he sticks.