Developer Q&A thread

Replies

• Options
    Savage Oppress is described as a"sith tank" in his character description but isn't allowed in the challenges for tanks only.

Oversight?
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    hi @Rogan_Ban84 i'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, as there haven't been any official response other than that they're aware it's a common topic right now (on reddit)

Hopefully devs clear the nerf issue tho sooner than later, so people can relax. Hopefully, the devs don't turn to the dark side on this and drop the ball.
  • Options
    Will there ever be a change to the way arena squads works? The addition of a defensive squad and or options on what the ai should do on your behalf. ie: What ability should a character use first or at what point should a healer try to heal.
  • Options
    Are ships actually in development or have hey been scrapped? If they are coming can you provide any information on how they will work with synergistic characters like Biggs (i.e. Should I gear and star Biggs up in anticipation or will that not matter?)
  • Options
    Will you ever buff Nightsisters to their well deserved glory?
  • Options
    For which month is the your next major update planned ?

How many people are planned to can join a guild ?
  • Options
    Dev Q&A thread created when this was announced a while ago, so some may not be necessary anymore, e.g. crystal subs.

Courtesy of Cpt_Dan

**Note to EA/CG: I've tagged those asking the questions so that you can scroll down to the original question, which in many cases offers more information on the question; please check them, and thank you for taking the time to help inform the community**

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4840/questions-for-upcoming-q-a-panel/p1

1. Can we get a detailed description including numbers for various buffs and debuffs in the game? Also, their max amounts and diminishing returns and do the buffs/debuffs stack? (Defense up/ down, etc.) Many people are confused about dodge, which shows 0 @Harmson @StirringOwl
    3. Can we get an analysis of the effects of other stats including speed dodge, tenacity, potency, etc. (see response below for more detail into the question.) @Top_Quark
    4. how about information on any heroes with pending bug fixes such as leia.
    5. Let's put the AI arguments to rest with some details on the AI system and any differences between it and player controlled. Are there any plans to revamp this system.
    6. I know you can't give detailed dates or schedule but can you go over the roadmap for improvements on existing features and bug fixes? What are the priorities for existing fixes/improvements.
    8. When will the next crystal sub pack be available? Will they be recurring or will they only be available for a limited time. @cosmicturtle333
    9. Are guilds/alliances coming soon? (roadmap, also ties in with #5.) @Scorpion1980 @Darth_Allycode @StirringOwl
    12. Any customization plans for future updates? (I'm assuming character customizations) @Scorpion1980
    13. Care to share any of the upcoming heroes, even if you can't give a date? Such as Yoda, Grievous, etc.? @Finalsalute
    14. Any upcoming character balance/adjustments? People are wondering about Mace Windu being generally weak and not really living up to his lore expectations?
    15. Lots of questions on balance/QoL from various other threads
    Count Dooku - Do devs like his current state? Buff? Nerf?
    First Order Tie Pilot
    Mace Windu
    Luminara
    Sidius
    16. Any plans to tweak, adjust the Galactic Warfare Table?
    17. Any news or hints about upcoming challenges and keycard battles?
    18. Can we get approximate drop rates:
    Chromium Heroes
    Cantina Shards
    Hard Mode Shards
    Challenge Material Drops
    19. When can we expect to see action taken against exploiters/hackers and what actions are planned? (7* Vader, etc)
    20. User Interface Tweaks
    Crafting and Ability Material Scroll Window
    GW character Selection (sorting options, etc.)
    Character management window (main screen)
    21. Can we get more diversity in the shipments, to give us more exciting options and so that we aren't just buying them to finish the daily quest. @Pindasauskanon
    22. Can the bronzium drops be updated to be level-specific? There are many low-level gear pieces that I have over 200 of. The credit drops (500, 700, 1000) are so low as to be meaningless to anyone who has played more than 5 minutes. @Qeltar
    23. Would it be possible to have a test arena with n rewards but a place to test out builds without spending energy or crystals?
    24. It was mentioned previously that there would be something to do with excess shards. Could we get more info there? @Merkur0m
    25. How far down the backlog is cross-platform play? Any chance of it being moved up? @CrossXcalibur
    26. Any details in the upcoming ships system? @Darivon
    27. Is there a plan to improve the descriptions/tooltip a for leader abilities or an official reference for these? Many ask about how a leadership skill works and the amount of effect. @Adorme
    28. Are there any plans to add skills/abilities to the heroes as they gain levels between 60-70 (and beyond)? Why does Ventress have 5 skills and no one else does? @cosmicturtle333 @Breetai
    30. Why do heroes require gear that doesn't affect their important stats? (life steal for example?) @StirringOwl see @Kyuu2 comments below.
    31. Where is Darth Jar Jar @StirringOwl
    32. Are there any plans to improve/revamp the character pack process? This was pretty crazy and created some needless drama? @StirringOwl
    33. When will the locked icons in the cantina be revealed (unused tables) @StirringOwl
    34. Will challenges be updated to drop more purple gear at the higher levels? @Breetai
    35. Are there plans to vary/improve the gear in the shipments? @MLGebra
    37. How many heroes should we expect to see in the "endgame"? Currently there are 71 heroes, how many more are planned and will be released before this ends? @MLGebra
    38. Any details on the forthcoming shard exchange? @Elyndria
    39. Will there be special events (special, as in non-recurring)? @Elyndria
    40. Any plans to improve PVP, the PVP AI, or introduce live PVP? @Elyndria
    41. Any plans to introduce co-op content? @Elyndria
    42. Will chromium only players ever be farmable (QGJ) @Elyndria
    43. Is QGJ leadership ability working as intended. Many players report that the speed doesn't increase until after the first turn, reducing its effectiveness dramatically.
    44. Will tanks ever become "tanks" with maybe a damage reduction in taunt or something to slightly prolong their life when focused?
    45. Are there any plans to implement a replay system as seen in some other games so that we can adjust to how the AI plays our build? @Andrew
    46. What are CGs thoughts on the less than stellar customer support from EA? In the times I have dealt with them they have been abysmal. I've spent 4 emails back and forth with support so he could determine if I bought the app on the App Store successfully.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Hhhhmmmmmmmm

So we got a Q&A thread.........
    I see all the "Q".......... Where is the "A" lol

(Just teasing Devs lol)

Can I get an ETA on general grievous
  • BigBoss
    61 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is anything being done to make Mace Windu more useful in battle?

Is re-balancing something you guys are constantly looking at?

Currently Mace is very below par. Needs alot of work as do many other characters.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Hhhhmmmmmmmm

So we got a Q&A thread.........
    I see all the "Q".......... Where is the "A" lol

(Just teasing Devs lol)

Can I get an ETA on general grievous

Well Jesse said he was going to compile the questions and give it to the team on Monday so....No A until at least next week. :)
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    So there you have it, ask away about game mechanics or anything else you might want to know about. :)
    Oh boy, are you sure you know what you are getting into? I would refer to my first thread in the forum and why I created an account. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5173/plea-to-the-devs-make-this-game-less-of-a-black-box#latest

Mechanics:
    1) How do the Physical/Special Crit ratings translate into percentages?
    2) How do different energy costs affect loot drops? If an item drops in an energy cost 8 fight and an energy cost 20 fight do I have the same percentage to get the drop?
    3) Is defense a strait reduction of damage?
    4) Why do some characters have gear that doesn't affect them (for example Resistance Trooper have a Gear VIII piece that adds to Special Damage and Special Critical chance, he doesn't do Special attacks)?
    5) How are galactic war opponents selected?
    6) Do bonuses stack or multiply? Is it uniform?
    7) Is the team instinct speed analysis correct? (Count up to 1000, RNG for everyone who hits the threshold and carryover for numbers above 1000)
    8) What are the base combat statistics that apply to every toon (like does everyone have 7% base dodge)?
    9) If we spend crystals for a shipment refresh does it change the quality of options? How is that determined?

Quality of Game:
    1) Would you consider putting in a button for Sim x 5?
    2) Do you feel loot drops are appropriate?
    3) What are your thoughts about the main Arena quality of gameplay complaints (frustrating for those who cannot play from 5-6, being locked out and sniping are problems)?
    4) Can we change our arena payout time?
    5) What are your thoughts about a minimum toon level (I am 64, so all my toons would auto-level to 44 for example)?

I think that is enough for now.
  • Options
    Nice customer service! Keep it up guys! :)

How ofter do you plan to patch the game?
  • Options
    I am a software engineer and I would like to work with you.

Are you hiring?
  • Options
    What is the point of having timers on the various stores so we can wait to spend the rewards we already waited to earn? And if they must be there, any chance of making them actually refresh in real time rather than depending on us to make a purchase before the next countdown begins?

Any thoughts on eliminating the 5-6 sniping hour for arena? Ideally, I'd like to see a way to choose your reward time, but if that's not possible, could it at least be moved to a later time when people with jobs and families aren't either commuting from work or making dinner?
  • Options
    It would be great if we could buy sim tickets with credits. If you're farming low energy cost nodes you will run out of sim tickets long before you run out of energy.

Any chance of this happening?
  • Options
    My Questions:

The Key Card battles are a huge turn off. I understand the Developers are working on changing that, but we have to remind EA that CREDITS and Training DROIDS are a commodity when players hit level 60 and beyond. Training is difficult without Credits and Promoting is harder. I understand advice for levels 20-50 is to only LEVEL your 6 best heroes, but for many, we've grown to LEVELING our top 10 to 20 heroes. Why? Because the game is fun. No really, because of Galatic Wars. Key Card battles update as soon as possible please. And the question is, Would you consider updating this so it goes live as soon as possible?

Second Question

Leader is kinda screwy in Arena. I have Barriss. She worked well. I have Lumi, she is not working as intended. I have Qui Gon Jinn. He is not working as intended when he is leader. Many in Reddit say that they WORK during the second round. I believe and I tested. It IS true. My question is: Is Leader for Speed working ONLY on the second round and beyond? Does it work or not work as intended in Beginning of the battle.

Third Question

Some heroes are evading a LOT. Lumi, I can understand. But I'm looking at the stats and some heroes have 0 for Evasion. It's strange that 90% of the heroes have 0, but it's obvious that they have high or low evasion. I dont' have many heroes, but the ones I do have been showing great evasion or low evasion. Let's say that some heroes are throwing punches and missing a lot. My Question is: Will Evasion be a stat that is given in the card of the hero? It's clear some have great evasion and some don't.

Fourth Question
    Potency and Tenacity is very strange. Some have high some have low. Dooku has 200% and others have 10%. It's how should I say very peak and valley. My question is: Is potency working as intended? Is Tenacity working as intended? Poe and Dooku and Kit would like to know how they work. And we need to know how to counter. We can figure it out if developers give us the ok or no ok on its workability.

Fifth Question
    Does the forums have any connection to Customer Service? CS tells us to come here. Forum tells us to submit ticket to CS. This is getting real problems no where. So who do we go to? CS? Or someone on Forums? We dont' go to Aaron. He is for cheat submissions. So who do we go to for in-game purchase problems?

Sixth Question
    Will display bug be fixed as soon as possible? I do Galatic War and I get display bug that I earn 1,200 GW points. I know I didn't get 1,200 ...haha. I got 200 galatic points. But the display bug is seriously bad. How do we know that it is not giving us our Training droids or the one shards we earned? I see I win 3 shards, but I know I got one of them. How do we know that one shard is credited to our account? Developers say it is bug and all is well, how do we know that? Maybe display bug NOT give us our ONE shard. I want my ONE shard of Ewok Elder, sir!

That's it.

Maybe some questions are good. I find a majority to be pretty time-wasting. But I try to ask questions that pertain to gaming and strategy and working as intended. Sorry for my long post (that is what she said). ha

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It would be great if we could buy sim tickets with credits. If you're farming low energy cost nodes you will run out of sim tickets long before you run out of energy.

Or get rid of the sim tickets completely and instead introduce an unlimited instant replay button. People autoplay those low level nodes anyway, the only difference is that now it takes a few minutes...
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Why is it that toons who have been damaged in GW drop down to the bottom of the list, instead of staying as they always are in Level order (from the top)?

Really dumb and annoying thing especially when you are trying lots of different teams to win a battle, and constantly switching the same guys in and out....
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nice thread! Thanks for doing this. I've said it before but I'll say it again. I like how active the forum is, and how the Devs / Admins frequently interact with users. A few questions and observations next.
    1. I'm far away from completing all the achievements, I barely got Vader just recently (Finally!!). And I know this would be in a very long future, but at some point, there will be enough achievements to get him to 7 stars. What will happen afterwards? Have you considered the rewards for the achievements after that threshold?
    2. Other games have seasonal content, for instance I come from Marvel: Avengers Alliance. They do Special Operations, PvP seasons and Special Tasks, etc. Is there any kind of special events planned for the game in the future?
    3. Any plans for making defensive teams for arena separated from your offensive team?
    4. Can we have more healers on the dark side, and good AoEs on the light side?
    5. If there are different drop rates for gears/shards, could this be stated in the game somehow? Or when searching for a piece of gear or shard, could we have the option to sort the list of available locations by its drop rate?
    6. There are toons that need 40 - 60 pieces of the same gear, even more, there are a few toons on this conditions, with the same gear, and others as well. Could the higher level missions have more of them to drop like 2-3? I wouldn't mind the extra energy cost if this were the case.
    7. Continuing from previous question, maybe the overall game rewards could scale as you level up. Having higher level missions drop better and/or training droids. For instance: LS 1A has a chance to drop one 1* training droid, while LS 6J has a chance to drop one 1* and three 2* training droids. Does this seem logical that after 59 levels the rewards are more like level 1-5?
    8. Continuing from previous two points, maybe the shipments and bronzium drops could scale in level with you. Offering purple items in shipments starting on certain level could be a nice idea. And having them occasionally drop from Bronzium could be nice as well.
    9. When you open a datacard and you get a toon you already had, it converts to shards based on their star level upon unlock. Could this be adjusted so it turns based on its current star level? I think it'd be more fair that way. Specially for those that unlock at 1-3 stars.
    10. This has been asked already but anyways is a question I have on my own, and I guess the more is asked, the more attention it'll get: can you give us more details on how the matchmaking on GW currently works? And/or if there any plans to adjust the matchmaking?
    11. Any plans on adjusting the gearing for the toons? Some times there isn't much logic on some pieces for some characters. And having every single character be universally the same in the end is kind of boring. I wish we could customize and gear our toons more appropriately, and have them match our needs and likes, making them more ours, more unique. In other MMORPGs you have lots of gear to choose from and you go with whatever suits you better. Or different skill trees, etc.
    12. When you include other versions of already present toons, would those be separated or would they be something like in M:AA? Where they are just a single character with different uniforms. If separated, restrictions would apply I guess? Either way it'd be funny to see Rebel Luke with Jedi Luke, Old Ben and Young Ben, or Princess Leia with Slave Leia (fingers crossed)... Though we can pair already Anakin with Vader, soo... I guess this one answers itself. Lol.
    13. Other popular demand: would Chromium only characters be farmeable at any time in the futre? I've only opened an 8-pack and got a 2* Leia that I'd like to make more use of. :) as well as got some shards for Chromium only characters, that they may be going to waste if this doesn't change. Unless I get extremely lucky on GW loot crates, by a LOTS of times. Seeing as they're able to drop from GW crates and maybe Bronzium? Could we have other means as well so that we can actually work specifically on farming those?
    14. Currently IAP seems a bit expensive and risky for me, considering they really don't provide much in value unless you spend A LOT. For instance: if you spend just a little you may get A) just a few shards and maybe 1-3 toons if you're lucky, and most of the times it'd be something you don't want or need. Or B ) a few refreshes per day or a few more tries at hard missions, PvP battles, etc. Basically just saving you time.

But considering for A) the odds aren't in your favor (with 71 characters and more to come). It's really discouraging to buy them. I'm sure there are a lot of possible adjustments to make this more appealing and worthwhile. And for B ) the refreshes start doubling in cost every certain numbers, you end up paying way more just to keep playing more. I really would like to be able to play more of the game, and I've paid to do so, but it's really discouraging how quickly your "investment" can drain if you don't manage it well. So even if paying, you're still forced to wait in some way. Looking at those numbers, I may as well go back to WoW, pay a fixed amount and play just as much as I want.

So basically the question in this point would be: any plans on making purchases more attractive? Either lowering prices, offering special discounts from time to time (I know, the subscription pack is there but still is more expensive than the previous one, and is given drop by drop), or maybe removing the doubling in cost for refreshes, maybe set it up at a static 100 every time?
    15. And speaking of playing time: I want more! And I'm sure I'm not the only one. For one I'm happy that you can spend 12 hours without playing and you won't "miss" any energy that goes to waste if you don't play after it is fully replenished. But considering how long it takes to refill on its own, I consider there isn't much to do daily. For 120 energy points you can get 2 full refills for regular and just one for cantina over 24 hours.

Considering the energy costs, I could do either
      40 - 6 energy missions,
      20 - 12 energy missions,
      30 - 8 energy missions,
      15 - 16 energy missions,

15 - 8 energy cantina missions,
      12 - 10 energy cantina missions,

4 - 50 energy Key card battles and have 40 energy left, which I have never done, not even a single one.

Let alone farming, those can go in a heartbeat. And that's 24 hours of waiting in any of those 6 options. I was a bit discouraged by this when I saw the energy costs were 6/12 and they took 6 minutes to refill every single point, that's a minimum of 36 minutes of waiting for the lowest cost. But considering on how the costs have only increased, I doubt there's any plans to adjust this the other way around.

So question in this point would be, any plans for allowing us to play more? By either adjusting energy costs of missions, or energy time refills, or implementing other non restrictive or at least less restrictive game modes? I know we also have Challenges but those are 8 per day, 24 on Sundays. As well as 5 PvP battles and 12 GW battles. But all of those simply go in a couple of hours for me. Rest of the day I keep checking from time to time and do a quick farm when I catch any energy available.

Extra: can we have one of this Q&A every couple of weeks or every month maybe? Thanks!!
    Post edited by OmarFPG on
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Or get rid of the sim tickets completely and instead introduce an unlimited instant replay button. People autoplay those low level nodes anyway, the only difference is that now it takes a few minutes...

I don't mind paying with credits, and I'm sure they don't mind charging me for something more either. Win win. Obviously it would be nice to have an instant replay, but I don't see that happening.
  • Options
    Will Rey get a lightsaber anytime before epVIII is released?
  • Caspertricks
    46 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Can you please explain the mechanics behind the character stats. Armor Penetration, Armor, and Life Steal? As these three stats are from my understanding the least understood in the game at the moment.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I don't mind paying with credits, and I'm sure they don't mind charging me for something more either. Win win. Obviously it would be nice to have an instant replay, but I don't see that happening.

Sure, unless they charge ridiculous amounts, buying sim tickets for credits is almost as good as free. I buy all the gear shipments because the cost is negligible...
    But getting rid of the sim tickets would fit in the "uncluttering" policy the devs seem to employ.
  • Options

1. Overall game balance - too much damage and speed. Will this be addressed so that matches are not essentially over by Round 1?
    2. Potency vs. Tenacity. Some explanation on the math behind would be really nice. What does 100% mean? What does above 100% mean? Dooku with an insane 220% potency suggests his lightning should always stun as long as it wasn't deflected or evaded since tenacity of most heroes hover around 30%
    3. Critical rating. We all get higher is better, but how do they actually work?
    4. Special damage. A lot of heroes don't do special damage, yet all have a special damage rating. Why? Might as well just be a zero
    5. Why do some heroes with a higher physical/special damage rating deal less than others with a lesser rating?
    6. Will the players be able to assign which hero to lend to their allies? We have no control and visibility
    7. Arena win-loss stats. It would be great to have a place to see how well I am doing - which is currently only available when someone else is asking to become an ally
  • Options

Sure, unless they charge ridiculous amounts, buying sim tickets for credits is almost as good as free. I buy all the gear shipments because the cost is negligible...
    But getting rid of the sim tickets would fit in the "uncluttering" policy the devs seem to employ.

WHY are you two discussion??? This is Question thread for Developers. Take your chatting to PM!!!!

• Options

WHY are you two discussion??? This is Question thread for Developers. Take your chatting to PM!!!!

Yeah, nah.

I was thinking like 1000 credits per sim card.

Anyway, how are you? How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Did you see the *insert local sports team here* yesterday? What was the ref thinking?
  • Options
    Arena question

Would changes be made in the arena system ?

Problems that I feel in the current system are

1) there are different rewards time for people playing on different time zones

2) sniping during the last 5-10mins or getting into a match to prevent someone from battling you seems more like an abuse of game mechanics

3) computer controlled AI isn't very smart

I would suggest that

1) standardize rewards time and rewards being time based, meaning instead of giving multiple 6pm rewards ( euro , us , Asian ) u only give once and to the account that spent the most time at that spot during the last 24 hours

This can be done for the top 10 example
    rank 6-10 having 10% more rewards
    Rank 5 15%
    Rank 4 20%
    Rank 3 25%
    Rank 2 50%
    Rank 1 100%

This would prevent last min snipe/block tactics and more active arena battles to see who truly is top for the day and encouraging more crystals useage for higher ranks and bragging rights

2) AI needs a boost on defense for arena , perhaps a 10% hp boost for the defense or a combination of damage +hp , what's a good number and for what ranks would need to be tested

Just my 2 cents

• Options
    Icyraine wrote: »
    Arena question

Would changes be made in the arena system ?

Problems that I feel in the current system are

1) there are different rewards time for people playing on different time zones

2) sniping during the last 5-10mins or getting into a match to prevent someone from battling you seems more like an abuse of game mechanics

3) computer controlled AI isn't very smart

I would suggest that

1) standardize rewards time and rewards being time based, meaning instead of giving multiple 6pm rewards ( euro , us , Asian ) u only give once and to the account that spent the most time at that spot during the last 24 hours

This can be done for the top 10 example
    rank 6-10 having 10% more rewards
    Rank 5 15%
    Rank 4 20%
    Rank 3 25%
    Rank 2 50%
    Rank 1 100%

This would prevent last min snipe/block tactics and more active arena battles to see who truly is top for the day and encouraging more crystals useage for higher ranks and bragging rights

2) AI needs a boost on defense for arena , perhaps a 10% hp boost for the defense or a combination of damage +hp , what's a good number and for what ranks would need to be tested

Just my 2 cents

Wouldn't it be better and easier to put this in?.

The arena award given each day is based on the highest rank achieved that day.

No more snipers.

• Options
    I would suggest that

I know this is a Q&A section, but I am definitely against this idea. If that new 6pm (or the most active time) happens to be 3am in your time zone, that would be very fun, wouldn't it?
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    I would suggest that

I know this is a Q&A section, but I am definitely against this idea. If that new 6pm (or the most active time) happens to be 3am in your time zone, that would be very fun, wouldn't it?

What I am saying is a system that could calculate the amount of time u spend during the last 24 hours

Example if u spend more then 12 hours (out of 24) at rank 4 u will be rewarded rank 4 reward at the rewards time even if u end up at rank 12

I mean clearly this is just an idea i am throwing out whether it possible to implement or taken into suggestion , I don't know
This discussion has been closed.