Vader's TIE Tournament - crystals or Ally Points?

Ring
559 posts Member
The tournament is a few days and it seems that certain vital details have "slipped" the devs' minds... like what's going to be used for refreshes this time? Many people have used up their AP stockpiles for the Chirrut tournamen, so maybe this time they'll want to cater to the whales and make it crystal-based?

I'm hoarding all my GW Tokens, deliberately sacrificing my fleet strength, because maybe, just maybe it'll be AP based after all and I might have a shot at some Vader's TIE Advanced x1 shards.

Come on, devs. This isn't top secret info, let us know!

Replies

• AP
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Tactyou wrote: »
    AP

You KNOW or you think? Has this been announced everywhere? Because it was clearly stated during the last tourney, but now they're keeping quiet about this.
  • Still hoping there won't be a refresh possibility.
    Let everyones roster determine the winner, not how much time someone has.
  • They answered it somewhere in the forum in a thread.
  • Yes, there was an answer: AP.
  • Ok. Thanks for the info :)
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Still hoping there won't be a refresh possibility.

I would like that too =\ Refreshes are lame. Endless battles with same toons and frustration in the end... =(
  • Prob need 500K AP to finish high enough to unlock
  • You need to choose wisely in which tournaments burn your AP to unlock a guy. I used them to get Chirrut at 4* and now I'm burning the rest of my GW tokens in unlocking Baze.

Let's see if it is an epic fail or a win :dizzy:
  • DeepChu wrote: »
    I used them to get Chirrut at 4* and now I'm burning the rest of my GW tokens in unlocking Baze.

I also managed to get a 4* Chirrut (brilliant character by the way, I'm now using him in the Arena and GW and he is absolutely amazing), zeroing my AP counter in the process, but should have around 300-350k AP by the time the tournament begins. Don't know if that'll be enough to get TIE Adv shards (and enough of them to unlock the fighter) but I'm going to be an optimist here :)

I'm actually more concerned that this will make me fall so far behind with my fleet, that catching up will be near impossible. I ranked 3rd yesterday, but I already see that getting into the top 5 today (currently I dropped down to 8th) might be very difficult. Ah, the choices we are made to do... ;)

+1
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ally points should be used for the tournament. They have already stated that was a change going forward on tournaments and is why we now get so many awarded to us. I have over 40k in ally points.

If you wasted all of them in the last tournament then that is your tough luck. If I use my crystals to buy something from the store and then see another item I need I don't cry about it. I chose to spend my crystals on the previous item.

+1,000. The current (previous two) tournament structure is terrible and needs to be reworked.

It doesn't reward skill, strategy or roster depth. Just "who has 6 hours a day and can battle non stop on the last day." Please fix this for this tournament.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If the "math" stays the same as other tournaments, 550k/600k ally points will put u around top 10.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It and all other tournaments will be ally points.

Until they change it.
  • It will be funny if it was a ships tournament...
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Rotor wrote: »
    It will be funny if it was a ships tournament...

It's not

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/770654/#Comment_770654

Per CG_CapGaSP
    "Squad Tournament" means you use characters. If we decide to someday do a ships tournament, it would be called something like "Fleet Tournament".
  • Ally Points you D OR K
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Used 300k last tournament to get into top 100. Hopefully I get an easier shard.