Game killing connection errors [Solved]

AlteredCarbon
101 posts Member
edited November 2016
After many months of playing, SWGOH has suddenly stopped loading beyond the first title screen due to:

CONNECTION ERROR
There is an error with your connection

Clicking TRY AGAIN does not appear to try again (no spinning connection attempt icon) and simply brings the same connection error pop-up back. This repeats endlessly.

Needless to say, the wifi connection is solid: all other apps and games connect fine.

I have tried:
deleting/reinstalling x 3
turning wifi off/on x 4
connecting to a different wifi network
Force close of SWGOH app (no pun intended)
soft reset x 3
hard reset x 2
closing all background apps

Anyone experienced this and/or have any solutions?
Post edited by AlteredCarbon on

Replies

• I feel your pain, I had that same issue a while back, it sort of improved by itself. Now however, I cannot play Ships without it crashing! It crashes every time I load it and I haven't completed a single battle because of this issue. Not impressed!!!
  • Forgot to say:
    iPad Air (1)
    latest iOS
    latest version of game
  • HalleC wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I had that same issue a while back, it sort of improved by itself. Now however, I cannot play Ships without it crashing! It crashes every time I load it and I haven't completed a single battle because of this issue. Not impressed!!!

Not great. But at least you can play the rest of the game;> I cannot get beyond the loading screen!
    Anyway I hope your issue gets fixed HalleC!
  • I am having the same problem not been able to play for 24hours I have tried same as you with effect. I have had this before but not for this long...
  • Mine is
    Samsung tab s2

Game is updated and was working fine with ships
  • So here is a really odd twist. As a last resort I tried 2 drastic measures:
    1) I logged out of GameCenter and restarted SWGOH thinking it might be a GC issue but fearing it may write over my save game status - it didnt, thankfully, but it also still gave me the connection error message
    2) I then tried a factory reset of my ipad, loading SWGOH as if for the very first time. Bizarrely, this also did not work as I still got the instant connection error popups. I then did an iCloud restore to a time before the error messages started to appear and that also failed to solve the problem.
    Since EA's "elevated" tech support has not been responsive it looks like I am going to have to give up on the game and get refunds from Apple for all my recent purchases. Annoying.
  • I finally solved it.
    I changed my router's DNS from automatic to manual and used Google DNS settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and the game is now working... I've lost a shed load of daily crystals, login bonuses etc which I am not happy about...