Advice for a fifth party member?

Withers
2 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey there so I'm very new to this and was looking for some suggestions to my 5th main team member.

Right now I'm using:

3 star Ahsoka (leader)
4 star Talia
3 star Asaji Ventress
3 star Luminara
And (unhappily) I'm using Chewbacca. Have only just unlocked Luminara so am now looking for what character(s) I should focus on unlocking?
Any advice is welcome :)

Replies

• One simple fundamental I will give you. Focus to level toons at least to 6* if not 7*. So concentrate Lumi to 7*. She is powerful in end game. Also do not farm anyone else from GW when farming Lumi. Wait for shipment to reset and then Lumi, again Lumi.
  • Great will do. Am just a few hours away from 4* Asaji and Luminara now
  • For now after Asaji 4*. Just dedicate all GW crystals to Lumi... do not share the tokens with other toons. A seven star Lumi is worth 4* LUmi + asajj,
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Arijit wrote: »
    For now after Asaji 4*. Just dedicate all GW crystals to Lumi... do not share the tokens with other toons. A seven star Lumi is worth 4* LUmi + asajj,

Asajj is in arena shipments...
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Otimal choices for your teamcomp: Old Daka, Night Sister Initiate.
    Ventress in not bad, but if i were you i would be focusing my arena tokens on Sidious
  • Jedi Consular is very good, many people still use him at levels +60 so just put him in your team, he is given for free but that does not mean he sucks :) 2 healers in team is a good choise.

Unfortunately when you get past 60 JC hits a gear wall. You can level him up at the lower levels, but once he hits 61 other toons surpass him when they star unlocking their gear levels.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Otimal choices for your teamcomp: Old Daka, Night Sister Initiate.
    Ventress in not bad, but if i were you i would be focusing my arena tokens on Sidious

Yeah awesome was thinking about Old Daka. The thing I like about Ventress is I can bypass the taunt character while providing a small heal. Also I kind of like the character, unashamedly haha.
    Jedi Consular is very good, many people still use him at levels +60 so just put him in your team, he is given for free but that does not mean he sucks :) 2 healers in team is a good choise.

Good to know that it's alright to use 2 healers. I found him the least useful member of my team so replaced him with Luminara who is definitely more helpful.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    Jedi Consular is very good, many people still use him at levels +60 so just put him in your team, he is given for free but that does not mean he sucks :) 2 healers in team is a good choise.

Unfortunately when you get past 60 JC hits a gear wall. You can level him up at the lower levels, but once he hits 61 other toons surpass him when they star unlocking their gear levels.

I think this is overtatated toó much. JC has gear VIII, and only a few toons get gear IX this patch. So it's not like he has a disadvantage, it's just that he no longer has an advantage. He'll have same gear level than anyone else escept Geo, Greedo and s few others with gear IX. He's still a nice healer with a short cooldown, and very helpful in GW
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    About OP: as others have said, raise the toons you use to 6* at least. I'd unlock Daka, and think about making Ventress your leader, or Luminara in GW. Lumi's psssive heal with leadership ability at rsnk 4 is great in GW
    Then, when your Luminara is at lesst 6*, go for nightsister initiate as you have most the NS team already, and focus on those characters. Try to upgrade a few more for GW, Jedi Consular is a good example.
  • Triqui wrote: »

I think this is overtatated toó much. JC has gear VIII, and only a few toons get gear IX this patch. So it's not like he has a disadvantage, it's just that he no longer has an advantage. He'll have same gear level than anyone else escept Geo, Greedo and s few others with gear IX. He's still a nice healer with a short cooldown, and very helpful in GW

Dont get me wrong. I still keep him level, and use him for GW and of course Light Side/Cantina battles. I just found that replacing him with a dps in arena works wonders. I would get down to 45-55 in arena, and get beaten back to the 70-80s. Since I made the switch I finished 9th last night, and rarely get beaten on defense(6*Phasma(Leader),7 Sid, 7Lum, 5 Kylo, 4 Dooku).
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

• Withers wrote: »
    Hey there so I'm very new to this and was looking for some suggestions to my 5th main team member.

Right now I'm using:

3 star Ahsoka (leader)
    4 star Talia
    3 star Asaji Ventress
    3 star Luminara
    And (unhappily) I'm using Chewbacca. Have only just unlocked Luminara so am now looking for what character(s) I should focus on unlocking?
    Any advice is welcome :)

Don't discount Chewie. His taunt can be useful as it allows you time to crowd control, and also give you time if you need a heal. I would suggest some of the standbys Darth Sidious in arena points, Dooku from Hard modes, Jedi Counselor for Talia(His heals dont hurt him), Phasma after you level Lum(Or at least get her to 4*) Use cantina points to unlock Poe.

Ahsoka can be very slow, and Talia's heals hurt her.

Luminara is the best healer in the game because she is an attacker so regular hits, hit pretty hard, and her heals are great.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

Dont get me wrong. I still keep him level, and use him for GW and of course Light Side/Cantina battles. I just found that replacing him with a dps in arena works wonders. I would get down to 45-55 in arena, and get beaten back to the 70-80s. Since I made the switch I finished 9th last night, and rarely get beaten on defense(6*Phasma(Leader),7 Sid, 7Lum, 5 Kylo, 4 Dooku).

I agree, I won't use him in Arena. Too much Heal Blocking