Why is Cpt.Phasma's Zeta so subpar?!?

GrimmVonHell
338 posts Member
edited November 2016
The introduction of the new Zeta abilities is great, we all knew another level for non-Omegas was coming. And although I think it should have been 5/10/20 respectively for the needed materials, vs 20/10ish/xx, it's great that we can buy & earn the Zeta ability material.

With that being said I had to post about Cpt.Phasma's Zeta to let the development team know they dropped the ball with this one. Phasma has been and could continue to be a top arena leader, but not with that zeta, that few players will actually strive to upgrade. Even if you made it a 100% attack chance for FO members the rest of the FO squad is so weak and outdated that that wouldn't even help, excluding FOTP of course. The removal of a penalty is nice but it's just not enough. Even an increase from 20% to 25% for all squad members would make me want to upgrade her leader ability, and personally that should have been the route taken. It's not op, but maybe just enough to keep her as leader with the current and future meta. 30% would have maybe brought it close to the awesomeness that is QGJ's Zeta, which is going to be my 1st buy ;) Maybe also adding attack damage? Giving, not just refreshing, Advantage to the squad member that is assisting? Anything other then what it is now.

Hopefully some fellow long time Phasma lovers can back me up here and get the development team to rework her leader ability, cuz as it is now it is complete junk and not worth even thinking about, besides, I thought you guys were done with the creation of subpar abilities/new chars.

You've been rocking for months and I'm loving it, the game is so refreshed and only getting better imo :) But this, this just gave me such a bummed out feeling after reading it and solidified my hunch that Cpt.Phasma is past her prime and will just stay on the bench. Don't get me wrong, she's still awesome, but could so be so much more awesomer, which is what a Zeta ability upgrade is supposed to do for a character.

Thanks, any and all opinions welcome.

@CG_CapGaSP
@CG_Kozispoon

O and I wanted to ask if the new (most recent anyway) ability creator is active on the forums and has an @handle? Thx

Replies

• I agree first order needs reworks and buffs
  • Because she isn't a rebel
  • IG0_Harry wrote: »
    Because she isn't a rebel

How dare she tell Finn to put his uniform back on
  • Check out Chewie's
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    Check out Chewie's

Chewie is nothing but a paper mache tank in a flame throwing battle. :/
  • I bet in a year when episode 8 comes out and we get more First Order characters her leader will be ridiculous.
    *in game: MC3P0 - The Ewoking Deads
  • I think its ab awesome upgrade. Especially considering there is no more damage reduction for assists.

More than half the time someone attacks they will call a friend.

Tie pilot does a douple attack and calls a friend? Goodnesss man that is cool.

Its a ton of extra attacks.

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Yeah it's actually not that bad... who really has a fully maxxed FO team and is willing to invest in the zeta for Phasma?

I'll bet it's pretty solid if someone were to give it a whirl...

First order just unfortunately lacks a tenacity buff or super speedy "nullify the other team" character that seems to be key for success in the way things are trending...
  • There will be more First Order released with Episode 8.

Prepare for that.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I think you answered you own question
    It is meant for a First Order team and the current First Order characters aren't good enough
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    Check out Chewie's

Chewie is nothing but a paper mache tank in a flame throwing battle. :/

Agreed, but still useful when it comes to credit\droid hiest.
  • I think Phasma would be fine if they would just rework the other FO toons. It will be a shame if we have to wait until Ep. 8 to get any good FO toons.
  • Think Hux/Snoke will be nice, but oh well...
  • I think Phasma would be fine if they would just rework the other FO toons. It will be a shame if we have to wait until Ep. 8 to get any good FO toons.

True.
    And considering the grinds that FOTP and FOST are it would be well deserved.
    Not to mention kylo being subpar.

If they buff these, Phasma Zeta is great.
    As it is... its meh... because it gets exponential better as you have more first order characters in your team... right now only fotp can get a spot there and even then phasma/fotp.. are meh nowadays.
  • +1 for the rework of the FO toons
  • I like phasma's zeta, but I'm sure once ep8 comes out they'll get some love again, or at the very least Kylo
  • It may look useless now but, as the other have said, in a few months I bet it will be a great leader ability
  • Just wait for more FO chars comes out.
    And resistance leader(s) dont even have zeta upgrade.
  • Agree wholeheartedly please rework Kylo Ren and the FO team. They're the only faction that doesn't have a tank that can taunt, they can't clear enemy buffs or their own debuffs, no way to stun, in essence, they got squat. Do something to make them fun to play!
  • If the ability was triple the attacks instead of triple the chance we *might* be on to something. But, as was stated earlier, the team is really outdated. Kylo and FOST just need an overhaul. They are too weak. FOO has a pretty nice kit, but is too squishy and needs a bit more oomph. Also, his marching orders needs to grant him some turn meter as well. With that ability you are kind of using two peoples turns just so one can attack with advantage.
  • If they do a good rework on Kylo and FOST the first order team will be powerful with Phasma's zeta ability.
  • With 3/5 of FO toons being complete garbage, Phasma's zeta isn't worth it. FO needs a rework very badly.