Is it worth spending cantina coins for ship currency?

is it worth spending cantina currency for ship currency? Just wanted to see what the general public think :)
Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol

Replies

• Seems like no, unless you're done farming anyone else viable/worthy/necessary from cantina. Just my opinion, ymmv.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    depends on the amount of cantina currency you have, and how many toons you still need to farm in the cantina store.
    I bought building materials, but i don't need alot of toons from the cantina store. 71/100 for boba and hoth rebel scout is still on my wish list, but i'm not in a hurry because i won't prioritize gear on hr scout anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm not sure yet. It seems like the crystal efficiency is better if you buy directly from the store,but you miss out on all the extras.

120 crystals buys you 144 energy. Using that on wedge node (haven't unlocked 7 or 8 yet, so 6 is highest energy-credit conversion). That gives you 14.4k ship credit and 252 cantina credit. 252 cantina credit buys you a further 53k ship credit. So total: 67k ship credit for 120 crystals.

Not sure how the multiplier is distributed, but if uniformly, you can expect 90k credit for your 120 crystals if you buy directly from the shop. Or slightly more if you buy the bigger pack.

However, buying cantina energy also gives you shards, training droids, and ability mats. So depends on how you value all those things in comparison to ship credits.
  • For me personally - yes. I have maxed out any of the characters I use/might use from the Cantina. And currently have a balance of 12k cantina currency. And since ships (while we are leveling them all up) are super costly. So I am putting all my cantina currency into ships.
    If you are still farming characters, I would continue on them before working on your ships.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Zetas r going to change everything in arena and arena is how u get your crystals. If u aren't using cantina to get training droids and ship credits and GW for ship shards, u r falling further and further behind every day and won't b aware of it until it's too late.
  • I've had everyone I've wanted from the Cantina for a while now. I had tons of Cantina coins, and I've been buying the currency and droids like crazy. I still have 27K left.