Emperor Palpatine event?

Replies

• Please keep the unit requirements Rebels. Again, as far as the timing goes, I think around Christmas and Independence Day should be the times of year to have it.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Bottom line is everyone who wants Palpy better be working on their Rebel squads because OBVIOUSLY EA is serious when they called Palpy's Event EXTREMELY RARE.

You miss out this time you will probably be waiting 6 months to try and get him to 7*again. :p

I actually have him at 6* just didn't have time to make all my Rebels to 7* at that time

Me too. I built my Rebels up like crazy in a short time, but could only get Palpy to 6*, where he is still very good.

However, I have a feeling once everyone gets Palpy to 7* this time around, we are going to see an even bigger shift to Empire teams. With Shoretrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot out now (and I'm guessing a release of the Deathtrooper to coincide with Rogue One movie) the Empire now has a lot of synergy going for it.

Palpy's +32% health and potency for Empire and Sith toons is crazy good. And Vader getting getting +20% health and turn meter for every debuff he puts on toons because he is Sith AND Empire is ridiculous!
  • Please keep the unit requirements Rebels.

This^^^
  • Why would they change it? No event has ever had the units required changed.
  • Why would they change it? No event has ever had the units required changed.
    Agreed. I just didn't want one of the posters here giving the devs any ideas about the nightsisters. :smile:
  • No it doesn't need to be tomorrow or the next day, but can't we just know when it's going to be? My guild is trying to plan out my raid teams, but if we spend all the time and effort to gear out a runner up phase three and the next day EP event drops, my guild and I are all leaving.

We aren't 4 years old, we don't like surprises, we are trying make plans to spend our limited resources in the most efficient way possible, but you have the keystone p3 tank raid character hidden behind some "He's super rare and super secret" cliche and it's getting **** old. We can't plan around your event schedule when only the dev's know when it's going to be.

Hop out of the ivory tower and tell your customer's what they need to know to make informed decisions while playing your game.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Actually they are going to change it to Nightsisters. You don't need rebels for Palp anymore.
    ETA: @Mojavelandbaron beat me to it:)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Actually they are going to change it to Nightsisters. You don't need rebels for Palp anymore.
    ETA: @Mojavelandbaron beat me to it:)

lol
  • They're not going to change it because not everyone has their rebels done. Don't forget there's new people staring this game every day.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Please keep the unit requirements Rebels. Again, as far as the timing goes, I think around Christmas and Independence Day should be the times of year to have it.

Agreed. Christmas to celebrate Rogue One and Independence Day to celebrate liberation from the Empire.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I would like to know too @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • It will happen in August. Usually everything happens then.
  • The answer is the same as it has been EVERY TIME SINCE AUGUST: No one knows.

When it happens there'll be the same announcements in you inbox and pop ups as last time.

This forum is like a shark--if it ever stops having a When Is EP Event thread, it will literally die.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • And we want him before August!!!!!
  • Considering rebels are pretty decent for p2 and p4 of the tank raid, I don't see a problem with working on them. It's kind of like killing two birds with one stone.

I do get where you are coming from. P3 seems to be the great equalizer. I would suggest working on rebels while simultaneously working on at least the three tanks necessary for p3. It you don't have Wedge or Chirpa then you need to be working on Wedge anyway. He and Biggs make both rancor and tank easier.

My point is, work on rebels until the event comes back around and if you already have them, it's your choice to work on Chirpa or another p3 team. Either way, you'll have at least one team ready.
  • @NicWester Just because none of us knows, doesn't mean no one knows. It would be **** poor game development and business management if they don't have a timeline on when events are going to happen, considering the increased profits they will make from the Rebel packs that will be for sale when it drops (Especially considering we have an idea on what extremely rare means this time around and NO ONE will be willing to wait for another cycle).

Though, I am a business owner, and I know if a large enough portion of my customer base asked the same question often enough for it to become clichéd...I would find out a freaking answer for them.
  • @Sying My rebel team is 750k plus in p4, my droid team is 750k plus in p2, my Anakin GL11, QGJ, GL11, Yoda, Ahsako both 7 star and GL 8...The only character I need to star up is Aayla and my P1 team is done.
    I am literally at the cusp of having to decide on gearing a Chirpentine team or just go with a jawa/ugnaught bastardization. Preferably, Chirpentine as it is better but the characters that make it up are also more useful, on the plus the only characters I need to star up for it are Palp and Sun Fac.

So again, I want to make a good decision for my roster and my guild...but if EP won't come back out till 2020 I'll deal. If it's going to come out on Xmas let us know so we don't waste our resources.

I'm not saying bring it back, just tell us when it will be back.
  • Instead of a G11 7* Palpatine I would rather an equivalent

Shorettooper
    Baze
    Chirut
    Boba
    Sun fac
    Rex

• chirut or chirut could be ok
  • I can wait till august
  • Palp should simply be obtainable somehow. Not because he is meta or op, but because he is a needed toon for the aat raid.

Chirrut and baze and shoretrooper are probably gonna kill the arena, but they are not needed to progress in the game
  • Ppl need to hush about this palp thing
  • It will be back in August.
  • Palp should simply be obtainable somehow. Not because he is meta or op, but because he is a needed toon for the aat raid.

Chirrut and baze and shoretrooper are probably gonna kill the arena, but they are not needed to progress in the game

Nah hardly

Chirrut/baze/wiggs/shoretrooper combo with good mods can take 1 every day and 500 crystals. Crystals that can be used to buy gear

Even without chripatine, teams can still put up decent damage
  • Rogue One. It will be out when Rogue One drops into theater's.
  • Hmm. I doubt you'll ever get an answer, tbh. You'll be given a week's notice at best. If it were me, I'd gear up SF. Are you saying your Chirpa is already 7*?

At any rate, for all anybody knows you could have enough time to build an alternate team, max SF, and hoard enough gear to max EP right away. Or the event could be when R1 comes out.
  • We got an exact date from an official source about 259 threads ago but it was deleted and everyone who managed to see it were all sworn to secrecy. Sorry.
  • Yeah my entire tank raid is 7 star except EP, Sun Fac (for chirpentine), and Aayla if you go;

Anakin (L), QGJ, Aayla, Ahsako, Yoda
    HK (L), Nebit, JE, 86, 88
    Chirpa (L), EP, Sun Fac, STH, RG
    Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Princess, Ackbar

Without EP, I have Datch (L), Scavenger, Jawa, Ugnaught, Phasma all 7 starred and atleast GL 8 except Ugnaught, simply cause...Uggg Naught. So I have a raid team for p3 either way. But I really, really, really don't want to gear up all those jawas and ugnaught to gl 11 knowing I will replace them for a better team as soon as EP comes out.
  • Get tie pilot with old Ben lead then 3 other characters that can debuff and watch the money come in. Phasma / pathfinder / jawa / dath / ugn / Maul and no doubt plenty of others.