Just so I get this straight...

So his lvl 83 7* tier 9 clone sgt in a lvl 56 2* ship out-damaged my lvl 83 7* tier 11 Geo Soldier in a lvl 55 3* ship in a one on one to finish the battle?

Got it. That one extra ship level is all the difference.

(your ships make about as much sense as Lorelai Gilmore at a debutante ball)

Replies

• ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Ability mats , mods, buffs, commander ship. These also come into play
  • we are the same. 4-2-2.
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Ship ability mats and toon ability mats, all the same? Same mods? Did he have any buffs, or were you debuffed at all?

The ships themselves are different also. Not trying to be smart, just wanting to be helpful
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Sarge has access to offense up, protection recover, and an automatic crit if his basic target locks before he uses his missile special. Soldier has some turn meter reduction, a special that calls in an assist (pointless in 1v1), and an ability that lets him assist (also pointless in 1v1). Ignoring capital ships and starting max health/protection, I would expect him to win. It doesn't help that Sarge also has more health and protection than GS (seeing as how Sarge is a tank and GS is an attacker).

I personally like GS more than Sarge, in part because he performs better for me due to stars/gear/level difference between their characters, but GS is team-oriented. He's not great 1v1 because his focus is on assisting. Alone he loses a lot of his functionality.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    What capital ship? endurance give offense bonus when ships are under 100%
  • 1. taking this too seriously.
    2. i know sgt is a tank, but he's doing significantly more damage than an attacker, and that does't make sense.
    3. the value difference is +400 to my side in terms of power. Total life difference +17k to him, but in a PvP the GS easily wins that fight being two gear levels higher. (GS 8964, Sgt 7346, so my character is two tiers up, but his ship closes that 1600 gap to 400)
    4. both sides using the same capital ship (home one) so i didn't mention it since they cancel each other out (except that mine is lvl 55 and his is 37, otherwise, same *, same ability mats).

Ships is funky and doesn't make sense. It doesn't. It does not. The way the characters and their counter-part ships fit and translate do not make sense. It makes as much sense as GS being a more valuable team member than lore-specific characters. It makes as much sense as BF being a team leader, or any bounty hunter being a team leader unless the bounty hunter was known to work with a team. So don't take it too seriously. It doesn't make sense, so just say it doesn't make sense and move on. It's not like they are going to fix anything.

I do appreciate the attempts to help, though. It was unexpected at such a late hour, and I figured my over-dramatic introduction would carry the tone that this was not to be taken seriously. Just a forum rat dropping a complaint about how ships is funky and doesn't make sense.
This discussion has been closed.