Please fix AI

The AI is supposed to choose targets by RNG not intelligent targeting. The AI prioritizes targets when it's supposed to be random. Also please eliminate the AI using aoe against taunt. Taunt means it attacks that guy. An aoe attack violates taunt.

Replies

• Options
    It's definitely more intelligent then it used to be, and it's a nice and realistic challenge. For me, EE is generally the first targeted in AAT raid, Timmah in Rancor, and Wedge or Lando in PvP. I've also noticed when throw-in in scrub teams for GW against Lando, he doesn't use Double Down if there are one or two toons standing. I say be thankful, because you want a smart AI on PvP defense.
  • Options
    I say be thankful, because you want a smart AI on PvP defense.

I used to think that as well, but then changed my mind when I read this simple thing:

Players like to win.

A dumb (or more random) AI guarantees just that. Each Arena battle has only 1 active player, so it's better to make that guy happy than the one who's asleep.

Imagine a world with perfect AI: Arena ranks will be totally frozen, making it impossible for weaker teams to challenge stronger ones. Nobody will have an incentive to play an Arena match anymore (let alone pay for refreshes), except right after you've upgraded your team.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Also please eliminate the AI using aoe against taunt. Taunt means it attacks that guy. An aoe attack violates taunt.

Why?? And what???

So if you have an aoe attacker and there is a taunt you don't use it?

Not to mention this would basically make b2 useless on defense.

• Options
    The AI is supposed to choose targets by RNG not intelligent targeting. The AI prioritizes targets when it's supposed to be random. Also please eliminate the AI using aoe against taunt. Taunt means it attacks that guy. An aoe attack violates taunt.

Sorry but this did make me laugh.... shouldnt be allowed to use ae if there is a taunt ? Lost for words.....
  • Options
    The AI used to choose simple attack vs taunt. It's about the AI making better choices for the attacking player. I am sick of ee and daka being first to die. Targeting needs to be random. There is something seriously wrong if no matter how many retreats the rancor goes for the lowest health toon. It's supposed to be RNG. If it was supposed to be good AI than please let me program my defense behavior (ie ns init power up block on st han, or on rg just before taking Rey to under fifty percent.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So many of us posted bcuz we wanted a challenge and the AI was ignorant. They finally did something about it. That means that 1. I have a challenging battle and 2. My defensive team will hold up better. If the Rancor is pounding your ppl, that is bcuz either your potency is too low and u don't land a "slow" or your tm reduction is ghetto. Maybe both.
  • Options
    It's gw and PvP I'm more concerned about
  • Options
    I agree that the ai should go back on gw. My node 12s are usually 6-8k more power than my best 5 toons combined. Imagine having to fight 200+ speed 44k teams every day. With a squad golf 37500 who is already damaged. I am lucky to kill one in node 12 except once every 2 weeks when the system tosses me a challenging yet realistic node 12. Where it is like 40k.