Relationship between Character Power and Crew Power

Eleazusthebold
58 posts Member
edited November 2016
I have noticed something startling. I have two toons and will list relevant info about them below:

GS - Gear 10, Power 7821
JC - Gear 8, Power 5516

Now I have each of their ships listed below at lvl 50:

GS- 4 star/1.15x multiplier/11776 power
Crew Power contribution: 5683

JC -2 star/1.05x multiplier/12139
CP: 5858

So now you see my confusion. How can a gear 10 GS with higher power rating provide a lower crew power than a much less powerful JC that has an even lower multiplier? I can only assume that there is some cut off to crew power to level the playing field. Or am I missing something?

The only other difference is that JC is support and GS is an attacker. Could this be why?

I have also noticed that mods do affect crew power as I stripped my GS and reapplied them to check. CP does decrease and increase respectively.
Post edited by Eleazusthebold on

Replies

• I noticed this also, JC has much higher crew power than anyone else i have. My best guess is that it has something to do with his being a healer, or maybe the stats JC is strong in transfer better to ships than GS's high damage stats
  • Upon further investigation, I believe the answer lies in the stats JC gives his ship. My JC contributes almost 11k special damage AND 3k physical damage, while other toons like FOTP (my 2nd biggest crew power) contributes only 6700 to physical damage and 0 special damage
  • There seems to be a linear correlation between the Tactic stat of a toon and the crew power. If so it seems a bit of an oversight for toons that have Str or Agi as main stat. Unless they've just messed up and it should be counting the toons 'main' stat but isn't...
  • Eleazusthebold
    58 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Definitely some funny math going on there...not sure. Could be tactics but they could be averaging them all or something else who knows.

Could be damage given but once again, it seems pretty convoluted to me.
  • Dwinkelm
    765 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I think it's intentional

On a very general base, toons who specialize in TAC are less arena-viable than those specializing in AGI or STR. I think in time we'll see toons with high TAC are translating to higher crew power to make them more desirable. It's a theory, anyway
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I think it's intentional

On a very general base, toons who specialize in TAC are less arena-viable than those specializing in AGI or STR. I think in time we'll see toons with high TAC are translating to higher crew power to make them more desirable. It's a theory, anyway

This is true, at least until EP gets his own ship and lays waste to everyone with his absurdly high TAC stat and we all get lit up by his space lightning. Although he'll probably get the death star as a capital ship so we most likely won't have to worry about that.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Upon further investigation, I believe the answer lies in the stats JC gives his ship. My JC contributes almost 11k special damage AND 3k physical damage, while other toons like FOTP (my 2nd biggest crew power) contributes only 6700 to physical damage and 0 special damage

This is the answer. Not just Tac/int. Plo koon has higher tac/int than bother AA and JC but crew power is lower.

Crew power is combination of all the stats the crew gives to the ship.
    They only give "relevant" stats.
    Ship with no special damage attacks gets no special damage from crew member.

Ship that does not apply debuffs gets no potency from crew member etc.
  • JC and Ackbar i've found to both be the highest toons that contribute to CP and as the contribution factor is the same as all other ships (depending on star level) my guess is that its just a case of them having higher ship related stats over other toons that have higher non-related ship stats.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    JC and Ackbar i've found to both be the highest toons that contribute to CP and as the contribution factor is the same as all other ships (depending on star level) my guess is that its just a case of them having higher ship related stats over other toons that have higher non-related ship stats.

It's already been answered, is because they contribute physical and special damage. JC's assist and Ackbar's aoe are special damage attacks
  • So what, JC becomes relevant and people get bent out of shape?
    I am the Reaper
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    So what, JC becomes relevant and people get bent out of shape?

There were no complaints on here, just confusion
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    And yes mods affect crew power but the only thing that seems to matter is that their tier and level, the stats on the mods don't matter.

I have a bunch of spare leveled up mk5 mods so I tested every combination I could and nothing changed except go when I put in mods that were mk4 or not maxed level.

They also seem to increase the power differently for some toons and I couldn't figure out why. Tried this with 7 different crew members.
  • I can throw in even a bigger confusion here ... I have Vader pilot 8900 char power , 6 stars ship and pilot contributes 12.1 k crew power to my ship. There is another guy on my server with same stars and gear vader pilot and ship /exactly like me - on his gear 10 vader he only have 1 , same as me item equiped/ , but he have different mods and his Vader has 9300 char power /400 more than me/ . Guess what - his Vader contributes to his ship only 11800 crew power and his ship is worse than mine - 1 speed slower .... I give up on understanding how this works..