Oh credit heist! WRU

Prev1
Seriously why have the devs changed the code for credit heists. They used to show up every 7 days now they are 10 - 12 days. Yet these training droid events pop up every Monday with out fail. Change it round and have the credit heist appear on Monday and training droids appear whenever there is full moon for all I care.

Players need credits not traning droids we cant use because we dont have credits!!!

Replies

• Credit hiest or riot!!!!
  • I have 240 credits lol. +1
  • Yes it's annoying and too obviously catered for people that have no patience to spend real money. Wish they would make it seem a bit less obvious from time to time. Moneytactics are real.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Yes it's annoying and too obviously catered for people that have no patience to spend real money. Wish they would make it seem a bit less obvious from time to time. Moneytactics are real.

Yep iits very obvious that they changed the code to try and make the play base spend.

I dont mind spending a few $$$ on this game but I would never plough money into credits as the return is awful
  • Would you spend $1 per million credits?
    $5 per million?
    What would be a good rate?
  • 695 crystals for 560k- 1.68 mil is a joke
    It might be better if it was just 1.68 mil but seriously with rng you know you are getting less than 700k each time.
    Add to that the cost of promoting, leveling, and modding a toon and you are looking at 15-20 mil+ for each toon from lvl 1.
    Does that sound like a good use of money/crystals
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I've bought the 595 pack a few times with spare crystals from arena.

But if i compare the crystal prices in euro, with the average payout of that pack (1x multiplier, duh), i'm spending between 45 and 60€ to get 6M crystals to push a char from lvl 1 to 85.

Then he needs mods. You probably sink about 800k-1M per 5* Mod to get it to 15, or let's say 600k to get it to 12, before you sell it because the stats suck. Then you need new mods, which either take cantina energy (crystals, cause rng..) or mod packs (crystals and rng..) to get new food for credits, to gamle more rng.

If i was to fund this part with money, i can sink at least 150-200€ per character just to lvl him up and get halfway decent mods.

Then that character is fully useless without being 7*d and geared. Farming the shards will take a lot of energy (hello rng crystals) and gear will add more to it (did somebody mention rng)? At some point you hit G8+ where it comes to raidgear and our friends the stun cuffs / guns / holoprojectors / furnaces. Now, when did we last spend crystals on energy?

So all in all, considering that spending 100€ on credits will only get me to the point where i need to spend a bunch more to make a char useful in the first place, i'd say, i'm better off doing something useful with my money.

And then you realize, there's more than 1 char in this game, so multiply that by 10-20 for the most needed squads.

So long story short, credits alone won't get you anywhere. On the one hand i actually appreciate those costs, as most people have too much common sense to sink that much money in bits and bytes, which in return keeps the f2p players on a somewhat competitive level. On the other hand, i can't grasp the concept of overpricing litereally worthless digitial stuff to a point of madness, if your whole business model relies on exactly those sales. Although i wouldn't be surprised if the 1% whales generate 95% of the income, but i'm fairly sure a much more wallet-friendly pricing would encourage spending for a broader range of players by a lot.

On top of that, the lack of progress you have at some point, will discourage the non-spenders in the long run.

Last but not least, this post is pretty useless, as it will get removed for various reasons.

Enjoy
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    There didn't use to be a Credit Heist at all. The devs gave that 2 us. Every 6-12 days. If u had an excess of credits u would b short something else. Maybe, just maybe, stop trying to lvl everything and focus. There is no reason to b broke in this game.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Bravo... Wanted to get in early on the credit heist complaining? It's Monday morning for crying out loud (literally)...
  • Poxx wrote: »
    There didn't use to be a Credit Heist at all. The devs gave that 2 us. Every 6-12 days. If u had an excess of credits u would b short something else. Maybe, just maybe, stop trying to lvl everything and focus. There is no reason to b broke in this game.

I dont focus on leveling everything for the sake of leveling everything. However when you hit 85 and need to level your characters up to make 4 teams for tank raid, pilots to stay in top 50 in ship arena, some Mods for other characters and the arena team a credit heist makes it possible to stay competitive with others.
  • Twin wrote: »
    Bravo... Wanted to get in early on the credit heist complaining? It's Monday morning for crying out loud (literally)...

It is monday and we have another training droid event that we all need so much
  • Jared
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Idk, maybe it's just me but if you're not broke I can only think of two reasons why 1 ) you're a whale, and B ) you're ftp and play every 4 or 5 days just to kill some time.
    Yeah sure, focus, but it's not like that's how the game is designed. Focus on your arena team (or the arena team that you would like to use) which likely is not 5 Jawa and a random character, but you need to work on those 5 Jawas for the mods challenge, then your resistance characters, and Jedi, and rebel, and scoundrel, then ships come along and you have a new 4-5 characters to work on because they didn't give qgj/rg/anikin/sthan/emp/Lando a ship yet so you need to work those new characters that weren't your focus before.
    Yes, thank you for even having the credit heist, there could just as easily not be one at all. Although w/o some way to improve the credit crunch you would lose players. I play games for fun. Waiting days, or weeks, to use some resource that you have collected in game because of the shortage of another resource gets boring. With all the other games on all the other platforms out there it wouldn't be hard to find something else to play.
    People like this game. Whether it's the platform, or subject, or style everyone has their reasons for sticking around. I realize ea/cg aren't in this for charity, and they will do what they can to maximize the potential for income. But when you so often hear about the same issue do something about it. I'm not saying credit heist daily, but maybe if people knew that on a fixed day they would have a chance at a needed resource there wouldn't be so many complaints. I know that thanks to rng I'll likely see 2-5M whenever we see the heist again which does so little that it wouldn't be game breaking to have the heist every 7th day, or 10th day, or whatever. At least with a fixed day people would know when to expect one. No wondering if weekends count, or holidays, or tournament days, or days with a full moon, or days ending in "y". Every X days.

Thanks for the game and your efforts to make it what it is. I do, mostly, enjoy it even if sometimes I am tempted to hurl my device at the nearest wall.
  • Jared wrote: »
    Idk, maybe it's just me but if you're not broke I can only think of two reasons why 1 ) you're a whale, and B ) you're ftp and play every 4 or 5 days just to kill some time.
    Yeah sure, focus, but it's not like that's how the game is designed. Focus on your arena team (or the arena team that you would like to use) which likely is not 5 Jawa and a random character, but you need to work on those 5 Jawas for the mods challenge, then your resistance characters, and Jedi, and rebel, and scoundrel, then ships come along and you have a new 4-5 characters to work on because they didn't give qgj/rg/anikin/sthan/emp/Lando a ship yet so you need to work those new characters that weren't your focus before.
    Yes, thank you for even having the credit heist, there could just as easily not be one at all. Although w/o some way to improve the credit crunch you would lose players. I play games for fun. Waiting days, or weeks, to use some resource that you have collected in game because of the shortage of another resource gets boring. With all the other games on all the other platforms out there it wouldn't be hard to find something else to play.
    People like this game. Whether it's the platform, or subject, or style everyone has their reasons for sticking around. I realize ea/cg aren't in this for charity, and they will do what they can to maximize the potential for income. But when you so often hear about the same issue do something about it. I'm not saying credit heist daily, but maybe if people knew that on a fixed day they would have a chance at a needed resource there wouldn't be so many complaints. I know that thanks to rng I'll likely see 2-5M whenever we see the heist again which does so little that it wouldn't be game breaking to have the heist every 7th day, or 10th day, or whatever. At least with a fixed day people would know when to expect one. No wondering if weekends count, or holidays, or tournament days, or days with a full moon, or days ending in "y". Every X days.

Thanks for the game and your efforts to make it what it is. I do, mostly, enjoy it even if sometimes I am tempted to hurl my device at the nearest wall.

+1 to this
    Lost in the 20th century
  • vazelos81
    166 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Please people stop this joke "there wasn't any credit event, so don't complain even if it comes once a month"
    They add new stuff continously, so players need more resources...
    If there wasn't the event at all I'm sure many players would have stop the game.....
    Its' really annoying to be prepared all week and plan your upgrades using the loot and finally u get a droid event.... It would be much better to say it will run every 10 days instead of expecting it between days 6-12 and never comes before day 10....
    There didn't use to be a Credit Heist at all.
    1) They were other mean to gain credit before, credit heist replaced battle (that used energy) for credit. Granted they were awful, but still.
    2) They weren't as many credit sink before, Mods are swallowing credit like a Sarlacc in which you would have tripped.

Credit heist weren't a "gift from CG gods", they were introduced to replace another way to gain credit while really needed them. They were fine. Making them twice as rare now for no apparent reason is a decent reason to complain.

• I'm pretty sure the lack of credit heists recently is down to one thing - the recent spate of tournaments we have had (2 x shoretrooper, 1 x chirrut and now darth vader tie fighter).

Any game like this has an artificial economy that is manipulated to make us spend real cash. CG admitted as much when they explained why they were bringing in the credit heist originally.

If you look at the typical payout in credits from a tournament (about c1 million for top 1000, c2 million for top 200) then this pretty much corresponds to the reduced effective payout we have from the reduced frequency credit heists over the past few weeks.

What's interesting is today's tournament only awards ship credits so we will see if they drag out the credit heist as long as possible without giving us squad credits in an alternative way...
  • Jared wrote: »

+1 to this!!
  • It was never every week. It was always every 6-12 days. The original statement of the idea was once a week on weekdays, but by the time they implemented it they were stating it as every 6-12 days and only on weekdays. It was never in the game as every week. It just turns out to happen most weeks But it's always been true that a week can go by without one.
  • I've never felt more credit crunched than at this point, even before the credit heist event existed. The amount of characters we have to level, gear, and star at this point is ridiculous. The meta changes every week, we have to level up pilots now, and the amount of characters we need leveled and modded for the AAT raid is ridiculous. If you're saying you don't need credits at this point you are either a whale or not ready for any of these modes

They "gave" to us because they admitted they made a mistake in the economy balancing of the game at higher levels. If you don't feel the credit crunch you either can't complete GW (because you've only invested in your arena team and have no roster depth) or have only been playing for 4 months or less. Most players who are levels 80+ are broke. Or you just don't play the game very often - which is fine.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • i wonder if they base the credit heist date off of a metric on how much credit purchases are made during a given week. if enough users buy credits then they will release it early if not then they wait until the last day.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Okay yes, so basic good sense that the devs completely lacked on that one. Contradictory update statements:
    - Once a week on a week day.
    - 6 to 12 days in between
    This simply cannot work. It should be 3 to 12 days (From Friday to Monday or from Monday to Friday). But then it still would not work (Friday + 12 days = 1 week skipped).

I am not an expert in programming but why does one credit heist needs to be conditioned on the previous one?
    Can't the code be like Monday 20% chance, Tuesday 40% chance, etc... If credit heist happened then chance becomes zero. Reset every Monday.

Since all this is very complicated (or so it seems since it was obviously not coded properly), I would join the band wagon of having it fixed any day of the week.
  • chezhead wrote: »
    i wonder if they base the credit heist date off of a metric on how much credit purchases are made during a given week. if enough users buy credits then they will release it early if not then they wait until the last day.

Highly doubt that. This game is designed to make money
  • Spitdog
    21 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Fitz wrote: »
    Okay yes, so basic good sense that the devs completely lacked on that one. Contradictory update statements:
    This simply cannot work. It should be 3 to 12 days (From Friday to Monday or from Monday to Friday). But then it still would not work (Friday + 12 days = 1 week skipped).

I am not an expert in programming but why does one credit heist needs to be conditioned on the previous one?
    Can't the code be like Monday 20% chance, Tuesday 40% chance, etc... If credit heist happened then chance becomes zero. Reset every Monday.

Since all this is very complicated (or so it seems since it was obviously not coded properly), I would join the band wagon of having it fixed any day of the week.

They should just run one each week on a fixed day and be done with it. It would stop people like myself who are credit starved from creating posts like this.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Spitdog wrote: »
    Fitz wrote: »

They should just run one each week on a fixed day and be done with it. It would stop people like myself who are credit starved from creating posts like this.

Agreed completely with you. It would have least have the merit of tidying up the forum.
  • vazelos81
    166 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Spitdog wrote: »

That's my thought too. I can't understand why everything in the game has to do with RNG, even the day that an event runs......
  • Heist happens every 7-12 days (except when it's 13.......... Yeah, just the one time, but that's still one time too many). If they happen 10-12 days, that's irritating but still working as advertised.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Soon or august pick whichever one will enrage you more.
  • Droid event is supposed to be 6-12 days too but it's here every week like clockwork
    Lost in the 20th century
  • remove heist and please add one 0 to all credits earned from cantina, L/D battles and AP shipments.
    Ally Code: 916 394 561